12 HOURS AGO #QUIZ! What kind of shoe are you?

14 HOURS AGO Still a few hours left of #BlackFriday, and we're stocking up. What deals did you get today?

15 HOURS AGO 5 ways to deal when you're feeling down: r

Pump Up Your Pay

Think you deserve more moolah? Here are some ways to really get a raise. Have a negotiable baby sitting rate Adjust your rates depending on the...

**mod** i have 3 questions1.How do u get to be able to answer people's mod questios? I really want to... My 2nd question is what should u call the 'rents by their last names or first names?. And the last question is shouLd u yell @ THE KIDS IF THEY DON'T BEHAVE?I'M NOT REALLY SURE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS IN ORDER PLZ!! THNXZ ABERCROMBIE-GURL!<33333

Hey Girl, you would have to intern at Girls Life, you should call parents by their last names I think to show respect, and it depends on the situation, I think sometimes you may have to. *Cara T*

Cara T.

by abercrombie-gurl on 5/25/2009 7:12:32 PM

*** mod*** If the kids are spoiled and i don't give them what they want and they scream and run all over the house and start hitting me what in the world do i do?. I have told the rents what the kids have been doing and all they said was"o.. those kids they're always like that dont woory" what else should i do?? I'm super confused!!

Hey Girl,

you should seriously talk about this with the rents nand tell them that it is causing problems and that they should do somethin about it. If they dont do anything it is not worth staying with those kids.

Jeannie L.

by abercrombie-gurl on 5/24/2009 5:26:10 PM

i had a really hard babysitting job once, the 7 yr old boy had a disability and was known 4 randomly leaving the house without asking, the little girl had a peanut allergy (which was one of the few things the boy could eat) and the baby would not stop crying!!! it was really overwhelming but i think i handled it well. i got 45 $ for sitting for 5 hours.

by anakinlover88 on 5/24/2009 4:52:04 PM

I only get $5 an hour, I usually babysit three days during a school week, for like 2 and a half hours at a time. but on weekends i get paid a little more, or sometimes i get extra.

by lisaxoxola13 on 5/17/2009 10:48:23 PM

I babysit for these really rich people, and they have 4 kids. The ages are 1 year, twins that are 2 years, and a girl who just turned 5. Ive been babysitting for them for a while, and I used to ask for 5 dollars, but they just started giving me 10 dollars (an hour). The kids are reay spoiled and if i dont give them what they want they scream and cry and run away, so its hard. I normally baby sit from about 6:00 (pm) to 11:30 (pm). I used to work for them about 8 hours a day everyday during the summer and they only gave me 5 dollars an hour. They want me to do that again this summer. I would be a mothers helper when I did that (she would be there but i would sit in the car with her kids while she shopped) Is the 10 a good price for babysitting them and 5 dolars good for when i am a mothers helper? its really really hard.

Ten dollars is good for babysitting.  Maybe ask for $6 dollars to be a mothers helper. -lauren
Lauren H.

by sawyerssister on 5/17/2009 4:06:47 PM

***mod*** i have another question!! If i feel like going on the computer at my jod should i ask the 'rents to go on theirs in the living room where i can watch the kids or shold i bring my own computer?

Hey Girl, i think it might be better to bring your own, but be sure to ask first. *Cara T*
Cara T.

by abercrombie-gurl on 5/16/2009 1:38:36 PM

by m&msgrl6 on 5/5/2009 8:11:01 PM

mod ok i'm pretty new at babysittnig. i mostly did this house hwere the rents gave me whatever they felt like. in our neighborhood, kids charge 6-10$ and the pros, ppl who actually do it for a living, charge 10-15$/hour. i said i'd babysit for a new neighbor (its the 1st time in the 'hood to need one) and he asked how much. i figured an average of the nieghbordhood sitters and said 7-8/hour. i' afraid he'll think i'm asking too much. help! also, u know how u r not supposed to leave the kids alone? what do u do if u hav to go to the bathroom? i try to just go right before i leave, but hwat if that dosent' work?

Hey girl! I think $7-8 is a great price. They shouldn't feel like you're charging too much. Try to go to the bathroom right before you leave and if you're putting the kids to bed, try to wait until they go to bed to use the bathroom again.

Jess H.

by m&msgrl6 on 5/5/2009 7:22:57 PM

Dear spirit_101222_ ,

If you feel you should be paid more you should talk to your parents and ask them to tell the kids parents what they think is a higher price that they can afford!!

by abercrombie-gurl on 5/1/2009 7:38:54 PM

I charge like $3-5 an hour, but I think that I should be paid more, but I feel rude asking for more.

by spirit_101222_ on 4/27/2009 8:35:22 PM

As the holidays really take off, what's one thing you HAVE to do this year?

Bump Up Your Babysitting Biz

Dazzle this season with decorations from Duck Tape!