2 HOURS AGO Who else is *so* ready for #Thanksgiving tomorrow? This is a sneak peek of us in like fourteen hours:

3 HOURS AGO We're thankful for our family + friends... and @taylorswift13. Who are you grateful for?

4 HOURS AGO #QUIZ! Has your crush noticed you?

Pump Up Your Pay

Think you deserve more moolah? Here are some ways to really get a raise. Have a negotiable baby sitting rate Adjust your rates depending on the...

ok i have a lot of questions and if someone could answer them i would be most thankful xD
1.first question do u think i should do a simple flier or like a brochure? much would you charge for 1 kid per hour?
3.what *MOD*??

thanks xD

by xxPeanutofdoom!!xx on 3/30/2009 3:51:23 PM

red cross has templates for phone#'s and stuff like that. u can personalize it too.

by linlybabygirl on 3/25/2009 4:13:56 PM

MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD* Does GL have like a template for filling out all that info like phone #s, allergies, kids/family's name,kids' fave things to do, eat, watch, bedtimes ect? Because that would be sooo helpful! xoxo andi

Hey girl! Awesome suggestion! I'll definitely let one of the editors know your idea. <3 Sara

Lau D.

by doodlebug897 on 3/24/2009 9:19:13 AM

~MOD~ I REALLY want 2 start babysitting, even though im 11. My mom thinks im not responsible with kids because me and my sister fight a lot. we only fight because, well, all sisters fight. when im with other kids, they always say im their favorite. I have a mothers helper gig over the summer, but its for my aunt, (she has 2 sleep durin the day cause of her job) and I want 2 expand. Please, tell me how 2 expand my biz so i can get some $$$$!!

Hey girl, start with your mother's helper gig.  When you're 12, you'll be older and people are more likely to hire you to babysit. -lauren

Lauren H.

by kkgrl5584 on 3/22/2009 4:05:05 PM

what is the average age kids are potty trained?

Girls are usually earlier so maybe start at 2, and then boys up to 4. So average being 3.
katelin s.

by chefmandm on 3/21/2009 11:16:19 PM

hey i have a prob. i want to start babysitting this year, and so does my friend, and i i am going to take red cross babysitting courses and so is she. My sis used to be a really good sitter so she is going to help with all the ads and buisness cards but my bff wants her to help her too! i want to help but i dont want her to steal my potential costumers. We live in a neighbor hood with not alota kids and a lota sitters and i dont want to risk my chances. I know this is selfish but i really need to save my money!what should i do i want to help but on the other hand i dont! what should i do?

Hey babe, it's ok to keep some things to yourself so don't worry about that. I'm sure there are enough people to share with her though. Make a schedule that the two of you can work out together.
katelin s.

by chefmandm on 3/21/2009 9:35:39 PM

I babysit and i dont set an exact amount. Most 'rents are really good with paying the right amount. : ) Comment on my Profile!

by *CupcakeLexa* on 3/21/2009 5:20:09 PM

At first, charge a small amount of money per hour. For one kid, maybe $2-3. If there are two, $3-4. If there are lots of kids, charge $2 a kid per hour. Most likely, you'll get tons of biz and the parents will give you a raise! Remember, DO NOT ASK FOR A RAISE! And, start small.

by Kailey on 3/21/2009 11:10:50 AM

first comment???
check out my profile

by awesomecoolio on 3/20/2009 1:51:58 AM

Bump Up Your Babysitting Biz

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?