10 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

11 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

12 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

Jonesin' for a job

I’m 13, and I would really like to get a job. I want to earn enough money to buy a computer. I really need one...

MOD MOD MOD im 12 and i need a way to get some more money but noone will hire someone under 15 and i get 2 bucks a week for allowance and please dont tell me to walk dogs or do a garage sale or bake sale or lemonade stand or any types of babysitting because my parents say im to young to babysit anything ( i would be old enough to babysit younger sibs, BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY! ) any suggestions?

Hey girlie. Try talking to your parents about things you can do. Maybe you can arrange some type of deal with them. If you clean out a closet for them, for instance, see if they will work out a payment plan. Try to think of things that you aren't normally asked to do that might consist of your everyday chores. Good luck!
Marly Z.

by artgaldh on 3/25/2011 1:54:56 PM

I really want to get my nose pierced and i have two days to raise $30! I live kinda out of town and i don't know any one i could babysit for. Can Somebody Help Me Quick?

by Griff on 3/22/2011 1:51:26 PM

i rack up the money on this website, but im not gonna say [:

by ♥♥♥•kayla•♥♥♥ on 8/8/2009 1:44:47 PM

OMG thank you soo much Jiae!!! Great advise, im going to get started with some of these ideas as soon as posible!!! Laughing xoxo

by Bluet00th on 5/25/2009 5:57:30 PM

MOD
Ok i really need help and fast! Well one of my classes in school is going to Disney World for a field trip and it costs $1400 - not including gifts. I'm really excited, by my parents say that i need to make at least half of the money. I'm 13 and need to make at least $700 in a little less than i year. Any job or money-making suggestions? What should i do?
-xoxo KT <3

Hey girl, do your 'rents give you an allowance? Sit your 'rents down and ask them if you can make a few extra bucks around the house by doing extra chores. Also, summer is an awesome time for you to really score some cash. Babysitting gigs, doggy daycares, tutoring li'l kids, outdoor chores: gardening, weeding, mowing, washing cars...the sky really is the limit if ya put your mind to it. Another thing to remember? Save, save, save! Scoring some dough from the relatives on your b-day, x-mas or other awesome holidays? Put it in the bank. -Hugs, Jiae

Jiae K.

by Bluet00th on 5/25/2009 4:58:14 PM

I just turned thirteen in April and I got a job yesterday. I wash dishes at a fancy restaurant in my home town. I start tomorrow. I also get to work with my friend. Talk to your parents about getting a job, see if they have friends that own a business they would possibly let you work!

by love.pink.<.3 on 5/7/2009 12:48:03 PM

Hey Girl- Your best bet is to talk to dad when you see him.  If you don't feel comfortable, you can go to your mom and ask her what to do about it.  I understand that you feel really weird, so talking to  an adult would be best. <3Ash ashley b.

by lalameredithlaa on 4/16/2009 9:44:58 AM

im allowed to babysit to and no one will hire me! HELP ME PLZ

by hannahwithkalab on 4/15/2009 2:27:36 PM

**MOD** I posted a comment about 2 days ago, and it's not shown, and I didn't get a response from u. Is there a problem? **Jessica** **Wehkamp96**

Hey girl! I'm not sure what your question was so I can't tell you why it wasn't posted.

Jess H.

by Wehkamp96 on 4/14/2009 8:50:04 PM

I am 13 and need a job too! I have tried babysitting like a zillion times, it never works out. Also i dont live in a neighboor hood , so that makes alot of stuff hard. I have tried to team up with my friends in their neighboor hood for babysitting, and that never works, and its illegal for me to get a "real job". I have also tried tutoring. I really need the money for college and also i get no allowance (for no reason, my parents are very unjust) and i have had to buy ALL my own clothes and other stuff since 6th grade. It sucks because i love fahsion and shopping, but i never get to spend any money and i have to go without alot of things, but i do that because i want to afford college, so that one day i can afford clothes and etc. I have tried ALMOST EVERYTHING, but if you have any suggestions then please tell me, even though i have probably already tried it

by Neon Lighty on 4/8/2009 9:13:05 PM