Bridget M.

is modding

9 HOURS AGO First time runnners: This is how ya get prepped for your first race! http://t.co/Fj5hMpOn7r

12 HOURS AGO Which @5SOS guy ditched the group? http://t.co/ha18y5CgrB

13 HOURS AGO Don't deck the hall, deck your nails with 5 fab Christmas manis: http://t.co/lRl4FxZNXW

COMMENTS

Home Alone: Fight the Fright!

Here's the sitch: The kids are all tucked into bed but there's still two hours 'till the parents pull back into the driveway. You've never...

haha i had something happen kinda like that but i wasn't baby sitting i was just hangin out at a friends house. Both our dads were out working, thats why we were home alone and all the power was out. they had a generator with some lights but the power came back on so we turned the gen. off. 5 minutes later, there goes the power and it was to dark (outside) to turn it back on. We were just hangin out when a truck pulled up into the driveway. It had all these weird things on it so we started freaking out and hid in a bedroom. we herd him knock on the door and then we herd it open so we were FREAKING out then he was like hello. Ya turns out it was the fire chief with pizza. He knew our dads were helping get the tree's up, and that we were alone so he came over 2 check on us. we laugh about it now but then we were freaking out.

by luve2cheer on 7/28/2011 8:32:16 PM

Hey,
One time when I was babysitting a baby under 1 year,I was at the house till 11:30PM!! It was actually not that scary but a bit. Every once and a while I would hear a noise outside but then told myself that it was just the wind or a car on the road. But what really creped me out was that the baby would sometimes slide down her crib, then a beeper would go off,that told me that she wasn't breathing, but the good thing is is that the beeper never went off so I guess all that I am telling you is that as long as you trust yourself you can stay home alone!
Good Luck! Laughing

by Strawberry13 on 3/22/2011 6:43:09 PM

once i was babysitting until 12 and the kids went to bed at 10( isnt that late for a 9 year old???) well anyways i was reading a magazine and it was all about signs of a burglar and stuff oopssiee

by cheerforever4500 on 7/12/2010 12:57:27 PM

I always turn on Sid the Science Kid or whatever DVD is in their DVD player. Works everytime- though I do find myself saying "It's over there, Dora!" Laughing

by lakefairy22 on 6/25/2010 9:55:21 PM

At my house the windows arent very good and you can here everything outside! cars cardoors shutting and people yelling! It scares me so bad i stay awake for hours!!

by aajah8507 on 6/8/2010 11:13:28 PM

Hi! Thanks to all the advice GirlsLife has given me, I have started babysitting! Thanks so much GL!

-Aajah8507

by aajah8507 on 6/8/2010 11:09:53 PM

Hey girls, i know many of you have plenty to ask and and I have plenty to answer! So check my profile - *Beth's advice* and trust me when I say this I will get to answer your quests ASAP!

All you have to is post you question on my Profile!And I WILL get back to you.

If you want advice from a chica like your self, ask me!

And unlike the people that answer here I will tell stuff that i had from my own experiences!

Also what is also cool is that some of my friends are going to help me answer some of the more challenging questions

And eventually I'm going to put up a website for all of you senoritas! but for now Go to my Profile and I'l make life a bit easier!

by Beth's Advice! on 2/23/2010 6:28:24 PM

mod Hey what do you do when a child cant sleep because they want their mommy? I babysat one girl that wanted her mommy so she stayed up for 3 hours waiting for her. I felt so bad Frown

Hey girl! Sometimes kids just want their mom. Sit with her and comfort her. Try reading to her to take her mind off missing her mama so much and she might calm down enough to doze off!

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by lauren68 on 1/30/2010 11:35:08 PM

I have been babysitting for like 3 years and I still sometimes freak out when everyone is asleep! I just always keep the TV on and when I need it I call my mom to talk to! There is nothing wrong with admitting that you're scared or that you need help.

by luv2smile1394 on 11/19/2009 10:36:44 AM

the kids i babysit for i usually dont hav to put too bed and im hardly alone they hav lots of tvs on and a list of phone # on the counter so i dont hav anything 2 worry about

by vdog96 on 11/18/2009 8:17:15 PM