1 HOURS AGO #SoundOff! What's your stance on smoking? http://t.co/5P2HcJXJTO

2 HOURS AGO Look in on lovescopes, friendship forecasts, and more: http://t.co/z37Z6NffkZ

3 HOURS AGO Why he talks to you on summer vacay—but not in school: http://t.co/QHqdQINuLZ

COMMENTS

The ULTIMATE Babysitter's Info Sheet!

Hey, all you pro babysitters out there! Need a card to store all your essential sitting info for each client? GL's got this handy-dandy Babysitting...

Do you think I would be ok to babysit? I am 12 years old I take honors classes and Ive taken a babysitting course. In your opinion. Should I?

Also, How do I approach the topic of babysitting with my parents? WHAT SHOULD I SAY? Worded exactly please!

by tatumfaith01 on 8/3/2013 11:02:21 PM

MODMODMOD PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!I really want to take this babysitting course from redcross but i dont know how to tell my mom that i want to babysit.Last time, i left up a page about being a sitter on her laptop & she saw it & she was like,u know your not gonna do a course or babysit,right?that was like a year ago.How do i ask?also we are low on money & though they offer a course thats only 1 day & is cheaper $85it doesnt cover CPR & i think if were gonna pay for a course i might as well learn CPR while im at it cause thats not just forsitting.The one i want 2 take is $125 & is 2 days.HOW DO I ASK AND BRING UP THAT I WOULD LIKE TO BABYSIT?!also im only turning 12 in sept & im worried people will think im 2 young the courses age limit is 11 but still.i have a brother whos turning 7 so ive got experience with kids & newborns/infants & toddlers since ive wanted 2 be a docter since i was 5 & payed atten when he was little,but i can only stay home alone w/ him for like 10mins at most HELP!!!!

Hey girlie,

There's no easy way to bring it up, so jump right in and remember to take a deep breath, focus on what you want, and be mature about it. Just talk to her calmly - tell her you are still thinking about babysitting and would really like to do it. If she says no, ask her (calmly and maturely) why she isn't comfortable with the idea. Get all the reasons out on the table, and then you can both work together to compromise. Whether it's money, or because she thinks you're too young, or whatever it is - you'll find out and be able to address it! <3
Lauren C.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 7/10/2012 11:08:13 PM

MOD! Is it okay if I babysit when I haven't taken any classes or anything? I'm am good with kids and i am certified in cpr.

Hey girl, it really depends on the parents. In general, it's fine to do it, but some parents may be more comfortable with sitters who have had a class. Just try different families and see how they feel.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Aajah8507 on 6/7/2011 11:44:08 PM

hey girlies!
I know the GL moderators do a great job of answering questions, but they are busy gals! if you have any questions about tough stuff, school work or anything else, come to my profile and I would be happy to see all your fun profiles and stories

by Olivia T. on 5/26/2010 9:19:11 PM

My friend and I satrted mother sitting together. That's when the mother is outside gardening or whatever and you saty downstairs in the basement with the kids. I love my friend like a sister, but I want to make more money and splitting up the pay for each job in half isn't helping. I don't meant to sound rude, but how should I tell her this and the parents of the kids who treat us like a package deal?

by lyonluver51 on 5/11/2010 4:07:49 PM

I have recentley gotten a job with a 3 year old girl and a 5 year old boy! The mother wants me to babysit at my house....which is fine! I have to take the kids home with me to babysit them every Sunday! But, what should I charge??

by ggnyooa on 4/25/2010 9:32:58 PM

MOD!!!MOD!!!MOD!!! I need help I'm almost 13 I'm a certafied babysitter and iv been one for almost a year now and ive only had one job so far and it was a neighbor (kids ages 10 and 7) but they never called me back for another job cuz the oldest turn 11 last month I lov kids and I won't to babysit but how do I get clients? Everyone in my neighborhoods around 7 and 8 and 9 wat do I do i talked to my mom and she said it was becouse ww just moved here a year and a half ago but still help!!!! Please give some ideas!!!

Hey missy, you could make posters that advertise your babysitting buisness. Post them in your neighborhood, school, local mall, church and drugstore. As long as you spread the word that you babysit to different places, you'll start getting some calls. Smile

Lynae P.

by EACdancer24 on 2/28/2010 1:49:40 PM

by EACdancer24 on 2/24/2010 11:30:17 PM

Hey girls, i know many of you have plenty to ask and and I have plenty to answer! So check my profile - *Beth's advice* and trust me when I say this I will get to answer your quests ASAP!

All you have to is post you question on my Profile!And I WILL get back to you.

If you want advice from a chica like your self, ask me!

And unlike the people that answer here I will tell stuff that i had from my own experiences!

Also what is also cool is that some of my friends are going to help me answer some of the more challenging questions

And eventually I'm going to put up a website for all of you senoritas! but for now Go to my Profile and I'l make life a bit easier!

by Beth's Advice! on 2/23/2010 6:29:52 PM

xxAutumnMoonxx- no i dont think so...im getting paid $6/hr so its pretty good...try looking at the pay under babysitting...that mite help..

xoxoxo