9 HOURS AGO Hey, West Coast! @rowblanchard + @parisberelc's #InvisibleSister on @DisneyChannel debuts in just 30mins! Who's watching? 👯👤✨💞

11 HOURS AGO Sip this! GL's tasty tea guide to get you through fall:

13 HOURS AGO Will you read the new gender-flipped #Twilight? Still can't get over it:

My Mom Won’t Let Me Shave!

It’s getting hot out and I’m ready to break out the shorts, but my leg hair is way too noticeable! I want to shave, but my mom says I’m not allowed to.

wow thats a pretty darn good idea i shoulda done that lol

by BrownEyedGirl10 on 5/28/2009 10:09:34 AM

**MOD** (Sorry its long)
MY mom doesnt shave but, I want to try it out. I don't know how to bring it up but, I have had plenty of times to do it? Also, what if I don't like it! Can I just shave in Summer, and Spring and stop when it gets cold??!! I hear that you have to do it all the time?? HELP I"M IN A CRISIS!!!

Hey girl,

I know it's hard, but you have to just gather your courage, sit her down, and tell her. Use some of the tips on this page to help you have a mature convo. As for seasonal shaving, I know a lot of girls that don't shave in winter (unless they have to wear a dress or skirt)'s totally fine as long as you don't mind a little stubble!

xo Lisa
Lisa B.

by babygirlk on 5/28/2009 10:08:05 AM

1st comment???!!!
gosh i had that problem a while back but without anybody telling me how to talk to my mom i did exactly what they just said- it worked for me!
check out my profile Smile

by monkeymaniac on 5/28/2009 10:00:51 AM

oh my mom was totally like that! so then i shaved and she was all "wateva!" lol

CHECK OUT CLUB GL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Club GL on 5/28/2009 9:43:29 AM

To the girlies shaving problem, use smooth away, it smoothes off the hair with noWANTED! PERSONAL TRAINER!
Trainer that can help me acheive my weight loss goals and find good workouts for me! If interested please post PERSONAL TRAINER and I will get you the application! chemicle or cuts! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

by igymnast10 on 5/28/2009 9:26:44 AM

Ask her if you can use Nair. That's what my mom made me do and it works great! Good luck, girly!

by gladiator*girl on 5/28/2009 9:21:21 AM

That would suck. The first time I tried to shave my legs without telling my mom, I only used soap instead of shaving cream. Now I have a nasty scar down my leg.

by Nikkita on 5/28/2009 8:31:26 AM

This is just what i needed! im soo tired of sneaking behind my moms back and shaving but now im totally gonna try this out. thanks GL Laughing

Check out my profile girls, and please leave a comment, thanks!

by SportyGal on 5/28/2009 7:55:41 AM

first comment? My mom is totally fine with me shaving.

by Ksister on 5/28/2009 7:40:37 AM

Glam up those nails with some glitter. Adding a bit of sparkle to your nail color will leave you looking like a rockstar.
What style will you choose for your perf homecoming hair?

*Win* a trip to meet R5's Rydel Lynch!