4 HOURS AGO This #GLgirl gives you the scoop on gorg glowing skin: http://t.co/iY3iYtAtF7

7 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

8 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

COMMENTS

My Mom Won’t Let Me Shave!

It’s getting hot out and I’m ready to break out the shorts, but my leg hair is way too noticeable! I want to shave, but my mom says I’m not allowed to.

hey
this worked. my mom was actually woundering y i didnt ask yet! my mom is really nice about stuff like this. girls just ask her it will all be fine trust me. you should try waxing or creams etc. if mom thinks its dangerous... i did get a big cut once, but its fine if u use lots of shaving cream and knkw how to shave right.. i know u should mousturize after ....
MOD!!!!!mod!!!!!!*
what r some good lotions for after u shave?? r hand lotions fine. thanks!

Hey girl, any kind of body lotion should be fine! <3 Jeannie
Jeannie L.

by aero14 on 6/11/2009 4:36:11 PM

mod<<<<<<>>>>>>
When I pluck my brows, should I ice them first? I heard that somewhere.

Hey Girl, I would ice them after actually. *Cara T*
Cara T.

by pupellie on 6/10/2009 10:32:55 PM

it depends how old you are. if your like 9 or 10 its probably to young i started shaving my legs and armpits in 5th grade my mom was a little upset but sed it was my choice .....just wait bc u wont like it anyway u have to like everyday to get rid of stubble....sux!

by Ms.EdwardCullen101 on 6/9/2009 3:29:34 PM

ok who ever asked that question i feel soooooo bad for you does your mom not let you shave your pits either??? bc that is plain gross my mom lets me shave all the time and she doesn't care and its even worse when you have a boy involved!! girl i feel baddddd for you but the advice givin was good i mean talk to your mom explain the situation and maybe once your mom hears the word boy she will let you...or not lol if you dont thn idk what your gonna do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smile

by iluvryansheckler on 6/8/2009 4:12:13 PM

Been there done that! My mom wouldn't let me shave until I got my period. (Thank God it came in January)Trust me, although you may go through TONS of ridicule, you'll live through it! (Did I mention I'm going into eighth grade?) And she still won't let me shave, I'm only allowed to smooth away and nair. Its no big deal, you'll live through it. and trust me, she may actually have some good reasons. Listen to the girl who lives in south Florida and for 3 years would ONLY wear jeans in 85 degree weather! hope it helps! Smile
P.S. try to talk about non-shaving products. Like nair or smooth away. They may take longer to get the hair off, but its worth it!Smile

by ansg11 on 6/8/2009 8:52:43 AM

***MOD***
MY mom did finally let me shave, a lot of thanks to this article. The hair is starting to grow back and it's only been a little less than a week.I asked my mom but she did'nt really answer, how often do i shave>???

i shave just about every other day--not too often, or else your skin might get too irritated!

Katie P.

by shanster2vball on 6/6/2009 6:54:25 PM

The same happened to me.

People have noticed my dark hair (I'm European) ever since I was in 2nd grade.

It was horrible, and many of my friends didn't understand why I wouldn't wear capris, shorts, or skirts in the summer.

Finally, when we had to go to the pool, I refused to wear a bathing suit.

My mom tried to get me to use Nair, and then shave.

But I don't like spending unnecessary money, especially when it's not exactly super-abundant, and my childhood has been ruined already.

by pinkdottedbow on 6/5/2009 10:20:41 PM

The same happened to me.

People have noticed my dark hair (I'm European) ever since I was in 2nd grade.

Finally, when we had to go to the pool, I refused to wear a bathing suit.

My mom tried to get me to use Nair, and then shave.

by pinkdottedbow on 6/5/2009 10:12:12 PM

My mom got me a razor without me asking, because I got my first miniskirt. She taught me how to use self-tanner, too. It would suck not to be able to shave!

by clawh12 on 6/2/2009 8:25:43 PM

If you can't convince your mom to let you shave you should ask if she would be ok with you using the creams that are out there. Nair has a great product, but there are plenty of other ones. They work great for most people, and it's not the same as shaving. My mom lets me use this stuff because I'm kind-of a clutz and she doesn't want me to hurt myself shaving ^-^' hehe.

by puppyrock3 on 6/2/2009 7:28:15 PM