Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO That one guy who ruins your shot with all the other guys🙅:http://t.co/46y1GfIeZ77

4 HOURS AGO You won't believe what @CodySimpson has planned for you in the new year: http://t.co/DJW7Q9hpP9

5 HOURS AGO How Santa Claus made this deaf girl's dream come true: http://t.co/UxzfjK8mLX

COMMENTS

My Mom Won’t Let Me Shave!

It’s getting hot out and I’m ready to break out the shorts, but my leg hair is way too noticeable! I want to shave, but my mom says I’m not allowed to.

if she still wont let u shave here's what u should do for your legs: rub lotion and vaseline together and apply to your legs it will make it shiny and give the illusion of being shaved.hope this helped.

by _karen_ on 6/29/2013 6:14:41 PM

My mom won't let me shave because she says girls don't NEED to shave (which is probably true, but it's more attractive and if I don't then people will think I dont keep myself clean) and my mom doesn't shave (at least I've looked everywhere and can't find a razor) I'm 11, turning 12 in a few weeks. I remember at the beginning of 6th grade when we started PE girls would stare at my legs but not say anything and that made me feel self conscious. I've tried talking to my mom multiple times, even talked to my aunt who does shave her legs. My aunt told me that in Vietnam (where my mom was born/from) things are different and I've tried talking to my mom about that but she won't listen. At least my other friends who don't shave yet, their moms have given them a time, like when their period comes or a certain age but here my mom said NEVER. I can't go on with this until I'm 18! My brothers friends (girls) have just went behind their moms back and shaved but I don't want to decieve mine.

by RandomPanda1600 on 12/7/2012 5:02:13 PM

Mod mod??
Hey, I've asked my mom before three different times when I was in 6th grade, 7th, then 8th. She said no all three times!!! I'm scared I'm going to be denied again!!! How can I get over it????

Hey chica! If she says no, then you'll have to accept it, but you can keep asking every few months until she says yes.  Or if she says no again, ask her (nicely) if she can give you a specific time when you will be old enough.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Daddy'sgrl12 on 8/13/2012 4:55:56 PM

Mod?
Well, for my mom, she doesn't need to shave at all since she was 18! That's when she had pneumonia so her body hair faded away and it doesn't grow back... :O So lucky, but she lets me wax not shave...is waxing a good thing because my mom approves it so I wax my underarm a lil bit caz it barely grows hair that much and my legs from my knees all the way down..I do that 1 every 2 months, it really works! Is that a bad thing to do???

Hey! Waxing isn't unhealthy to the best of my knowledge, just a lil uncomfortable sometimes haha!

Helen S.

by Susmita24 on 6/25/2012 6:27:01 PM

My mom won't let me shave :'[
I Told her everything and she said: that my hair is going to grow faster and their going to look like a man if i keep shaving but she keeps saying no no no
IDK what to do now :'[ I Don't want to wear skirts, shorts and everyone even my bf is going to look at my hairy legs Frown
HELP ME!! Frown

by Rosie_Notperfect on 4/8/2012 12:30:21 PM

MOD! would it work just to have this conversation through e-mail with my mom? because that worked when i asked her about doing my underarms. Also, she likes to know the facts on things before she decides, like reading the ingredients on juices over before she buys it.

Hey chica, It's usually easiest and best to have big conversations in person (less chance for miscommunication).  But if e-mail works for you and your mom, that's fine too!

Marie H.

by spicyllamachick2120 on 5/16/2011 8:51:41 PM

mod mod mod mod
im too scared to do this.....any tips?
thx

Hey girl,

Unfortunately I can't find the original article from the administrative end of GL but I assume from the title it has something to do with asking your mom about shaving. If I remember correctly it said something about bringing it up by asking to borrow her razor.(?) Rather than asking to share her razor, it would be better to bring it up next time you're at Wal-Mart, Target or a similar store and in that section — or just by catching her alone at home and having a heart-to-heart about it.

Let her know that your leg/underarm hair (whichever it is) makes you feel self-conscious — or however you feel — and ask her if she'd be OK with letting you shave. Hopefully she'll understand: you have to remember that your mom was in the same sitch when she was your age! If she says no, she has the final say but you could ask when you might be allowed to shave or what her reasons are for not letting you — while being polite, of course!

Vanessa J.

by lillierabbit on 9/25/2010 11:47:13 AM

mod mod mod mod
im too scared to do this.....any tips?

by lillierabbit on 9/24/2010 9:11:08 PM

You wanna know what I did? During New Year's I had two friends over. And they were shaving and I wasn't allowed to. But I did it anyway because I wanted to do it really bad like my friends. My mom opened the door and saw that I was shaving my legs and she didn't get mad. Not one bit. I was actually very surprised.

by jdizzle09 on 4/11/2010 8:54:53 PM

MOD! I REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED HELP.!!!!!!
ok so im 15.in 9th grade. tried talking to my mom bout letting me shave.she lets me shave under my arms & stuff but not my legs. she says you cant see the hair but i can!im talking dark brown, not blonde here. and she told me well u will have to worry with it everyday and u wont feel like it when you get old like me (shes 51..im adopted) and i told her id worry with it then, and then i asked her ificould at least bleach it and she said no to that too cuz i have dark skin and she said it would only mak it shine and more noticable.she said i have to wait till im 18, then i an do whatever i want to....but i dont want to wait that long!

Hey babe! I think you should make a list of reasons why you want to shave and how waiting until you're 18 is too long to wait. Let her know how uncomfortable and embarrassing having the unwanted hair is. Maybe confide in her that someone made fun of it in gym class, or hurt your feelings by commenting on your hairy legs. Stand up for yourself, but stay calm when getting your point across. Good luck!

Megan R.

by mandysaur010 on 4/5/2010 8:13:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I tried the advice up here, but my mom just got annoyed. any other advice on how to ask her, please!

Hey Girl! When I started shaving my legs, my brother was making fun of me for being hairy. I explained how embarrassed I was to wear anything that showed my legs. I told her it was more of a self conscious issue than anything else. Hope this helps! xo Lizzie
lizzie n.

by randum1998 on 2/23/2010 12:01:05 AM

~~~~~~~~MOD~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have sorta dark hair on my upper lip and i'm thinking about waxing it because it's really bugging me. I was just wondering if it would grow back all dark and stubbly and icky? Please help me! Thanks!! Smile

Hey girl, I'd try bleaching it or researching different wax kits. Remember, hair grows back so it's important to look into what options and maintenance works best for you.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by clownsrscaryxo on 1/22/2010 9:29:55 PM

This happened to me when i was like i just turned 12 my mom sed no no no!! i got pissed off then we stopped talking about it! then all of a sudden i guess she understood me because we went to a party i had to wear a skirt and my legs were hairy! she understood and let me shave when i was gunna take a shower sh was like i changed my mind i dotn want u to shave anymore because it makes the hair grow thicker and faster so she bought me hair removal cream now im 13 and i still use the same removal cream it works great i have never shaved in my life!!!! i am so thankful to my mom ily mommy <3

by poptart_baby on 10/21/2009 8:59:45 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
im not allowed to shve and im going into the 8th grade. i asked my mom if i could and se said NO, that i cant shave until highschool. my mom didntt start shaving until she was fourteen and in highschool and thinks that is when i should start. i told her that im the only person in my class that doesnt shave and needs to (the people who dont shave dont have noticable hair on their legs) she told me that shaving is a lot of work and that iwould have to keep up with it, and i told her i would but she just ended the convo. help please the hair on my legs is really noticable! sorry it is long!

Hey babe,

You can try explaining things to your mom in a calm, mature way and try to help her see your point of view, but you can't force her to change her mind. Until she lets you, you might just have to wear long pants if your leg hair really bothers you. You're pretty close to high school now anyway, so it won't be that much longer!

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by sweatpea7 on 8/4/2009 4:26:38 PM

Sorry 2 tel u but every person I have talk to that used Nair or other hair removal things, said they got alleric reactions (including me)... You get ichy and your legs start burning... Smooth Away doesn't work sorry to break it to u

by poohluvr12 on 7/28/2009 2:35:18 AM

I asked my mom if i could start shaving through a text. She said sure. Then later that day she asked me why and said my legs arent that hairy. Both my sisters started around my age! She now thinks someone is making fun of me because i have hairy legs. i just feel uncomfertable. im in gymnastics and i have to wear leotards. and then you see my hairy legs. i mean, idk!? help!

love yal!(and gymnastics)

by Gymnasts Got Chalk on 7/26/2009 9:52:10 PM

***MOD*** My mom and dad won't let me shave. And now I feel really bad about because in my fifth grade year this boy in my class came up to me and said that I had hairy legs. Right up to my face! My mom only let's me pluck my armpits, and plucking just has too much pain and it takes forever. I'm really starting to feel bad about myself. In fact one time I went to Old Navy and they had these really cool shorts on sale, but I didn't end up buying them because I was worried about my legs so much. And my parents don't know how to take things seriously most of the time, so when I told them that my hair was making me feel bad they still said no. And my dad made this really nasty joke like "From now on we'll have to call you Harry!" Then he started laughing and cried my eyes out, and he was still laughing when I cried. My mom didn't do anything.

Hey girl,

I'm sorry to hear that! I say you sit down and have a serious talk with the rents. Be completely honest with them! Don't beat yourself up over having a little hair, all us girlies do!

Mel

Melany T.

by sushigirl_5 on 7/16/2009 1:14:59 PM

my mom wouldn't let me shave so i bugged her and finally she just siad, do what you want.

by Wirly1 on 7/4/2009 12:03:25 AM

i just shave without telling my mom. and i never got a scar. or anythin

by tandog1512 on 7/3/2009 6:39:41 PM

i didnt rlly kniow what to tell my mom when i wanted to start shaving and then one day i had to replace my razor and she gave me 2 and i asked wat the second 1 was 4 and she was just like ... its for your liegs silly and ive shaved ever since ... and i no this is gunna sound crazy but shaving gives me more self confidence because i feel cleaner and more presentable and femanine

by ally_d on 6/29/2009 10:23:16 AM

********************MOD!!!!!!!!*******************
I love my mom soooooo much and she means the world to me. We are so close! But she won't let me shave! She says that she didn't start shaving until high school. So she's gonna make me wait that long! I like how you gave the advice Lisa, but I'm just scared to ask my mom. I've brought the topic up many times before, and she gets kind of iritated when I bring up the subject. What should I do? HELP!!!!

by horse16023 on 6/25/2009 11:09:03 PM

girlies!

check out my profile!

plz leave comments!

so far noone has gone and looked!

by greenqueen on 6/22/2009 2:17:45 PM

this is so good b cuz i tried talking 2 her about half a year ago, and she changed her mind!

waiting really works!

by greenqueen on 6/21/2009 5:52:25 PM

i just talked to my mom like 5 mins ago about this situation with me after reading this. the advice totally worked!

she is gonna get me somethin like Nair!

yay!

by greenqueen on 6/21/2009 5:40:27 PM

instead of shaving, use a hair removal cream cause if u cut yourself you'll have a bad scar on your leg. and if u want to look tan, instead of using tanning lotions and stuff, just wash your body than exfioliate by use an aprocot scrub like st.ives and just put lotion afterwards. it really works and it will keep ur skin smooth

by lizbizz on 6/18/2009 9:28:19 PM

i live with my dad, he doesnt want me to shave because he thinks i will cut myself. he says to wear shorts but i dont cuz of my legs. i wouldnt even wear shorts in 100 degree weather!

by inoshika1 on 6/18/2009 12:46:15 AM

why would my mom care my mom lets me do whatever i want so shaving is no biggie to her wtf!!

by sweetheart66 on 6/15/2009 2:50:48 PM

Lol my mom will not let me either i some times gets me emmbaressed because people laugh at me!!

by sissybug99 on 6/14/2009 1:47:44 PM

by sissybug99 on 6/14/2009 1:38:14 PM

if you cant shave then just use (Nair). Nair® gives you waxing without the "ouch," for results that lasts up to 4 weeks. it really works in my opinion my sister looked at a website and she bought one of their products and she loves it. you just apply on your skin and wait for a while and it dissolves the hair on your skin. it doesnt hurt or anything. They're quick and easy! In as little as 3 minutes for lotions, and with no nicks or cuts, you can be free of unwanted hair. you can buy it anywhere. Target, walmart, CVS,kmart. u should really use it. its 100% safe. but you should still be careful.

by yatou on 6/13/2009 9:47:02 AM

hey
this worked. my mom was actually woundering y i didnt ask yet! my mom is really nice about stuff like this. girls just ask her it will all be fine trust me. you should try waxing or creams etc. if mom thinks its dangerous... i did get a big cut once, but its fine if u use lots of shaving cream and knkw how to shave right.. i know u should mousturize after ....
MOD!!!!!mod!!!!!!*
what r some good lotions for after u shave?? r hand lotions fine. thanks!

Hey girl, any kind of body lotion should be fine! <3 Jeannie
Jeannie L.

by aero14 on 6/11/2009 4:36:11 PM

mod<<<<<<>>>>>>
When I pluck my brows, should I ice them first? I heard that somewhere.

Hey Girl, I would ice them after actually. *Cara T*
Cara T.

by pupellie on 6/10/2009 10:32:55 PM

it depends how old you are. if your like 9 or 10 its probably to young i started shaving my legs and armpits in 5th grade my mom was a little upset but sed it was my choice .....just wait bc u wont like it anyway u have to like everyday to get rid of stubble....sux!

by Ms.EdwardCullen101 on 6/9/2009 3:29:34 PM

ok who ever asked that question i feel soooooo bad for you does your mom not let you shave your pits either??? bc that is plain gross my mom lets me shave all the time and she doesn't care and its even worse when you have a boy involved!! girl i feel baddddd for you but the advice givin was good i mean talk to your mom explain the situation and maybe once your mom hears the word boy she will let you...or not lol if you dont thn idk what your gonna do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smile

by iluvryansheckler on 6/8/2009 4:12:13 PM

Been there done that! My mom wouldn't let me shave until I got my period. (Thank God it came in January)Trust me, although you may go through TONS of ridicule, you'll live through it! (Did I mention I'm going into eighth grade?) And she still won't let me shave, I'm only allowed to smooth away and nair. Its no big deal, you'll live through it. and trust me, she may actually have some good reasons. Listen to the girl who lives in south Florida and for 3 years would ONLY wear jeans in 85 degree weather! hope it helps! Smile
P.S. try to talk about non-shaving products. Like nair or smooth away. They may take longer to get the hair off, but its worth it!Smile

by ansg11 on 6/8/2009 8:52:43 AM

***MOD***
MY mom did finally let me shave, a lot of thanks to this article. The hair is starting to grow back and it's only been a little less than a week.I asked my mom but she did'nt really answer, how often do i shave>???

i shave just about every other day--not too often, or else your skin might get too irritated!

Katie P.

by shanster2vball on 6/6/2009 6:54:25 PM

The same happened to me.

People have noticed my dark hair (I'm European) ever since I was in 2nd grade.

It was horrible, and many of my friends didn't understand why I wouldn't wear capris, shorts, or skirts in the summer.

Finally, when we had to go to the pool, I refused to wear a bathing suit.

My mom tried to get me to use Nair, and then shave.

But I don't like spending unnecessary money, especially when it's not exactly super-abundant, and my childhood has been ruined already.

by pinkdottedbow on 6/5/2009 10:20:41 PM

The same happened to me.

People have noticed my dark hair (I'm European) ever since I was in 2nd grade.

Finally, when we had to go to the pool, I refused to wear a bathing suit.

My mom tried to get me to use Nair, and then shave.

by pinkdottedbow on 6/5/2009 10:12:12 PM

My mom got me a razor without me asking, because I got my first miniskirt. She taught me how to use self-tanner, too. It would suck not to be able to shave!

by clawh12 on 6/2/2009 8:25:43 PM

If you can't convince your mom to let you shave you should ask if she would be ok with you using the creams that are out there. Nair has a great product, but there are plenty of other ones. They work great for most people, and it's not the same as shaving. My mom lets me use this stuff because I'm kind-of a clutz and she doesn't want me to hurt myself shaving ^-^' hehe.

by puppyrock3 on 6/2/2009 7:28:15 PM

I don't even think my mom knows that I do shave she probably dosen't care though

by rockthered!ov8 on 6/2/2009 4:21:06 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
Help.
I missed my period, and I don't know why.
What happened?
Please help me!
xoxo

Hey babe, that's totally normal for girls who are just starting to get their periods. Check out this article: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/07/29/I-got-my-period-last-year-and-havene28099t-had-it-since-Whate28099s-up-with-that.aspx
katelin s.

by popcorn_1996 on 6/1/2009 9:05:21 PM

I shave my legs but i have never tried anything else. Does Smooth Away really work and what is Nair? Is it the cream?

by hwenn96 on 6/1/2009 8:38:18 PM

DO YOU NEED ADVICE ASAP?! COME TO MY PROFILE RIGHT NOW FOR SOME AWESOME ADVICE THAT YOU NEED! I PROMISE TO RESPOND VERY QUICKLY. SO WHAT R U WAITING 4?! COME TO MY PROFILE NOW AND COMMENT AWAY!

....abt the shaving thing.

ive been shaving since i was 8. just tell your mom. and she will understand.

by ALixApocalypse on 6/1/2009 4:16:02 PM

Hey Girls,

My mom lets me shave even though im only 12!
Okay ill tell you how i did that. I sat down and had a chat with her that went like this.. Mom I know you told me No but You were a kid once too and you should understand how uncomfortable i am and that i am embarased to go around with unshaved legs with shorts on and stuff. So try that if that doesnt work then talk to a doctor about how you feel. PS Mention smooth away to ur mom and tell her you dont need water,soap,and You cant get a cut at all! Its sold at regular cvs and ect.

by suferchic14 on 6/1/2009 10:28:47 AM

PERSONAL TRAINER WANTED!
If you are interested in being my personal trainer, visit my profile and fill out the application, thanks so much Smile

by exercisegirl on 5/31/2009 6:07:49 PM

ya my mom wanted me to start out with a hair removal cream, and then she eventually let me start shaving

by trendypenguin on 5/31/2009 7:10:23 AM

my momma let me use nair it comes in dif packages i use the 1 w/ the sponge attached it is great u should ask ur mom if u can use it u will never get any nasty nick or cuts again!!

by drpepper_cherry on 5/30/2009 9:55:59 PM

i've been trying to get my mom to let me shave, so this will probly help...she does'nt take me seriously and it makes me kinda mad especially sincemy cuzin in 4th grade already started shaving and im in 6th

by shanster2vball on 5/30/2009 9:34:07 PM

shaving is awesome. some ppl say itss a bother...i love it. it gives me a chance to relax. Tong

by lovya14 on 5/30/2009 8:23:26 PM

I shave and my mom knows it, she just doesnt know how much I shave. But I have friends who have to hide it that they shave and I just dont understand that. I wonder why some Moms are like that?

by luckykel on 5/30/2009 5:41:27 PM

My mom just gave me a razor and was like "wnna start 2 shave" and i'm just like "sure". this was last summer...
-artist13

by artist13 on 5/30/2009 12:38:16 PM

i shaved below my knees in the 5th grade behind my mother's back for a year! then, finally, 4 days before the last day of school in 6th grade, my mom was like "i can't believe you haven't asked me to shave yet! go ahead you might even need 2 razors.. you have ALOT of hair on your legs!!" OKAY, MOM!
good luck... even though shaving isn't everything, it does put a load on your self confidence level. good luck, chica!!

by showtayy:) on 5/30/2009 11:14:46 AM

God, my mom doesnt let me shave 2!!Frown

by B' girl on 5/30/2009 8:15:10 AM

well uhm not that im any help at this, but my mom doesnt really know i shave. well she probably does but watever. its mostly my sister cause i use her razor but she hadnt found out in a while but just the other night, she was like did u shave ur legs? im like maaaybe...and shes like what razor did u use? mine? im maaaybee...and she said my name like u know when people say ur name like awww why?? then she said ur buying me a new one but i wonder if she forgot. i just dont know how to bring it up with my mom bout shaving. i mean basically ALL my friends are all open bout shaving and like saying i shaved my legs last night and feel them and blah blah blah but im like uhm yea ok. ive been shaving for like 2 years and i never actually got permission from my mom or sister or anyone...

by prettypirate101 on 5/29/2009 11:29:42 PM

MOD um there are little bumps on the inside of my vagina lips, what are they?

Hey girl,

I'd love to help you out with some good advice. Unfortunately, since I'm not an expert on the matter, I don't wanna steer you in the wrong direction. Try talking to your mom or setting up an appointment with a doctor. Good luck!

~Alexa
alexa e.

by bergmanb on 5/29/2009 6:57:34 AM

Yeah my mom doesnt let me shave 2
I want2!!!!!!!

by B' girl on 5/29/2009 5:00:14 AM

heyy, a couple of thinqs...i think itt would b a qood idea if yooh used a tanninq lotion thats spray on bc it will cover up the hair nd make it look golden. i heard some ppl mentioninq Smooth Away nd Venus Breeze shavers-i own nd use both so i'll tell yooh wat i think:

Smooth Away: works qood on arms but takes lyk 15 min. & at least 2 pads 2 work-it takes around 3 wks 4 the hair 2 fully qrow back [4 me].
me nd a few of myy friends tried itt on our legs nd it doesnt work. works qood on knuckles but the hair qrows back in lyk a week.so thats my opinion on that.

Venus Breeze: works perfect on my leqs nd thiqhs..best shavers ive ever used! idk about usinq them anywhere else...

oh! 1 more thinq..nair. i bouqht it nd took it back bc i felt it was a little scary/weird althouqh i didnt even open it. im qoinq 2 buy sally hansens spray on hair remover bc it looks better nd safer.

well, have a awesome nd blessed summer nd make sure 2 check out myy paqe...godsprincess13 ツ

by godsprincess13 on 5/29/2009 12:45:09 AM

My mom kinda wanted me to shave. Ouch!

by chargergirl on 5/29/2009 12:18:33 AM

~~~MOD~~~ Wow! I can't believe that I start High School in two months! I'm so scared. I'm worried about the work, and my social status. Mod I'm not sure if I can do this..... What can I do?

Hey Babes, Find friends from your current school who will go to that new HS and hang out with them. Chat it out and spend the summer getting prepared. Youre gunna do great! xo Annemarie

Annemarie D.

by brookedafer on 5/28/2009 11:45:52 PM

CHECK OUT MY PROFILE CHICAS!

by sportybabe on 5/28/2009 11:44:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD ok so tomorrow our 8th grade class is going to the beach tomorrow. i am 14 and weigh 140 lbs and am 5'7. i=my bmi says i am a normal weight. how can i feel less self concious in a bikini? (i havnt gone swimsuti shopping yet so i only have bikiis.) thx courtney

Hey Girl, Try a wrap or a big towel till you get in the pool. Good luck! xo Annemarie

Annemarie D.

by pinkvbgirl on 5/28/2009 11:13:55 PM

my mom like made me shave!! she was like were going to a wedding and i think it would look weird whith hairy legs! your going to shave! i was like yay cuz i wanted to!!

by kcto14 on 5/28/2009 11:07:16 PM

my mom said it was fine when i asked her. i started shaving in 6th grade. my mom is more strict about clothes tho. i wanna try that smooth away thing but i dont know if that really works.

by vhscsoccer95 on 5/28/2009 10:53:57 PM

i need a personal trainer! plz let me know if your intrested!! thankz!Smile

by kcto14 on 5/28/2009 10:30:33 PM

wow my mom didn't care

by dogzarethebest on 5/28/2009 10:29:09 PM

Try Sugaring or waxing it doesn't hurt after a while and you don't have hair for like a month!
I love it!
JennaBanana

by JennaBanana on 5/28/2009 10:28:33 PM

thx mod that helps!!!

by mirandafan101 on 5/28/2009 10:27:12 PM

mod today i graduated and my mo said i ignored them too much because i didn't look at the camera or smile and they didn't get a picture of me what should i do they're all mad at me thx.

Congratulations and i think they owe you an apology. Tell them how hurt you feel for this disrespect since this is your day to shine, not to be insulted..

Sherryn D.

by mirandafan101 on 5/28/2009 10:11:32 PM

Ok thnx Mod but duz that mean im underweight. Im 5'0 11yrs old and 87 pounds

I think you are fine, wait till puberty strikes for you to gain some more weight..

Sherryn D.

by zoeismybff592 on 5/28/2009 10:00:04 PM

MOD MOD
In your opinion which is the best mascara brand. I am not for sure which ones to pick.
Thx!

Revlon..

Sherryn D.

by soccerluver12 on 5/28/2009 9:30:31 PM

100%davidaFan

It works but it takes a while hope i helped Smile

by jokerpoker on 5/28/2009 9:30:18 PM

I don't shave on my thighs cuz it comes back darker and hairer.

Check out my profile!

by soccerluver12 on 5/28/2009 9:29:31 PM

To 100%DavidAFan:
I have Smooth Away and it works pretty well. I think shaving lasts a little longer and makes legs a little smoother, but Smooth Away is good when you're in a rush and don't want to deal with the hassle of shaving cream and the razor and all that stuff. So bottom line, it works really well :]

by DC1fan on 5/28/2009 9:28:07 PM

Dear Mod
Is my friend overweight. She's 11yrs old and 5'3 and she weighs 134 pounds. I'm worried about her. Thanks. ;)

Hey girl,

If the measurements you gave are correct, your friend is just within the normal range for people of her height and weight. She needs to eat well and keep an active lifestyle to maintain a healthy size, just like everybody else should do! If you're concerned for her, try doing some physical activities together, like exercising or playing outside.

~Alexa
alexa e.

by zoeismybff592 on 5/28/2009 9:13:25 PM

Hi everyone! Laughing

CHECK OUT MY PROFILE

-vannah

by vannah<3 on 5/28/2009 9:04:25 PM

MOD-
i have a school carnival tomorrow and there are going to be hot guys there, what should i wear that is cute but still that i can run around in. Hair? makeup? thanks!

Hey, Girl! Sorry for the “stock” message. We’re psyched you’re here but since this is a super busy time, mods aren’t able to answer personal advice or contest questions. We’re approving your comments now so the girls can start offering feedback right away! If you still have questions, please come back, we’re happy to help…or just let the other chicas answer now! (They give awesome advice, trust us!) Love and thanks! , Your Blog Patrol Babes
alexa e.

by volleychick879 on 5/28/2009 8:47:41 PM

***HEY GIRLS I JUST WANTED TO TELL MY STORY!***
okay so last yer i was in six grade and insecure and always hung behind my beautiful outgoing friends (kelsey&shelby&gabby) and i would always think that i was ugly or fat or no one liked me. well i had been playing lacrosse for about 3 years then and had a good friendship with a girl (megan) who was like me. we play all the same sports (field hockey lacrosse and skiing) and started to hang out (we didnt havethe same friends making it hard). now my friends were in the popular group and i just happened to be friends with them ( not popular but i didnt care) well i went throw a year like that no real BFs and only a dancing during slow songs at the end of the year when i got a little more confident. i dont know what happened to me over the summer btu i just relized now ( when i wanted to tell my story) that i changed caring more about how i looked (for me to feel better) and wayyyyy more out there and goofy and confident. i became me and still sturgle with friends(finding it wayyy more easyer to talk to guys). well i now have a great BF because i became me and was confident and i think that going to a wilderness over night camp WITH OUT MY FRIENDS (thats a biggy to go alone if u are like me) and practicing making friends and believing in your self! ***IF ANY OF YOU GIRLS OR MODS LIKE MY STORY GO TO MY PROFILE AND ASK FOR HELP ON STUFF IN THE STORY OR ANYTHING AND I WILL HELP***THANKS FOR READING***EMILY***PS SORRY I DIDNT RIGHT MORE AND IF YOU NEED ANY ONE TO JUST TALK TO YOU WIL ALWAYSSSS HAVEEEEE MEEEEEE******

by lovergirl624 on 5/28/2009 8:46:40 PM

my mom actually encouraged me to shave when i got to the right age...i tried nair once but it stings really badly. it's so much easier to just use a razor!

good luck with this though! i'm sure your mom will understand!

by trulyoneofakind on 5/28/2009 8:46:03 PM

Mom won't let you shave?Wow.I shave all the time.

by actress96 on 5/28/2009 8:45:59 PM

hey heres a tip if your mom doesnt want you to get nicks or anything use an electric haver i use one it works well!

by lizzyd12 on 5/28/2009 8:36:00 PM

I totally know what you mean, you shouldn't worry about nicks. I've had them before but this is what I've learned:
1. don't rush
2. use soap (at least) on your legs before shaving
3. keep your leg in a natural position
4. just watch your razor, make sure you don't need a new one

by loudandproud329 on 5/28/2009 8:30:18 PM

my mom honestly doesn't care what i do when it comes to stuff like this, LOL my mom rox. she says it's fine as long as i don't look like a skunk bag. Smile

by hyperpuppy on 5/28/2009 8:18:40 PM

chicas...how long does nair work for you?????

i shave on a reg basis at night and my hair grows back (very slightly)by the nxt morning. i want to try it on a week long trip this summer. thx <3

by zobe910 on 5/28/2009 8:18:09 PM

Huh
My mom is totally fine with my shaving!
As long as you do it correctly, there's practically nothing to lose (except the hair!! lolz sorry bad joke alert)!
Unless it has to do with your cultural beliefs or something

by MegZroxsox on 5/28/2009 8:08:28 PM

Hey girlies!
If you like soccer, join the Club of All Things Soccer!
and invite friends!!

by The Club of All Things Soccer on 5/28/2009 7:59:13 PM

dont worry! my swim team doesnt let us shave until a big meet cuz when u shave it off after practicing with it u go faster. im 13 so it sorta sucks. i just dye it with a cream called Jolen. nobody even notices!!Smile

by EdwardCullenLover1 on 5/28/2009 7:54:16 PM

My mom allows me to shave ,but I don't like to ,but I do it anyways....................I can get away for not shaving cause you can't see the hair on my legs unless you look very closely.^^
,but my arms................
Mod- is it normal for girls to shave their arms(I don't mean armpits)??, cause I have a friend who does that and I was just wondering and why would people do that and exc....................

by lovemenot on 5/28/2009 7:50:18 PM

when i was going into the 6th grade, i decided to have the talk about shaving with my mom. i told her that it was getting to the point that i didnt want to wear shorts in public, and i live in california, so it gets pretty hot over here. i also explained to her that one time i wore shorts and i was extremely embarassed, espically around my crush. my mom understood. she didnt let me start shaving, but she bought me hair cream instead. a couple months later she bought me a shaver and now im fine. for me, it was really embarassing, but now im glad i did it. just talk to your mom and youll be fine.

by luv2recycle on 5/28/2009 7:40:32 PM

I just started shaving and i prested tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hard and I go a short scrape that has been bleeding for 3 days stright

by Nsoddancer on 5/28/2009 7:37:53 PM

Lol, my mum was the one who told me to either shave or wax Tong She didn't say I had to, but she wanted me too Tong Lol, I wax, and it hardly hurts at all, and the lady who does it is really nice. And, besides -- you only have to do it every 3 or 4 weeks =)

xxx emii

by emii_rokz on 5/28/2009 7:33:52 PM

CLUB JULIE NEEDS A NEW VP! \

our old president left, so i will be taking the dutys as president. so we need a vp! please conctact me if you like to take the positiion, or become a memeber! thank you, hannah<3

by hannah<3 on 5/28/2009 7:32:35 PM

my mom just let me like yeasterday but i don't know how and she wont tell me!!!!!!!!!!!

by norreygirl on 5/28/2009 7:28:59 PM

omg me too

by yesley on 5/28/2009 7:27:51 PM

my mom was the one who said i should start shaving, when we were on a vacation on an island and i was in a bathing suit everyday!

by britluv29 on 5/28/2009 7:20:51 PM

Haha. My mom woudnt let me shave.
But i did it anyways. I was 13 and pratically the only girl who had hairy legs. She got mad at me but then got over it.

She dosnt mind if i shave alot now. But is still a bit sensative about that. So when ever i wear shorts i try to hide my legs. she just prob. donst like me growin up. oh well Frown

by twilightlove on 5/28/2009 7:20:38 PM

Heyy!
Same thing happen to me!! At first I just shaved with my dad's razor!! but then when I told my mom that I NEEDED to shave: 1 because the hair was gross 2. b/c everyone else could and It was SUMMER!! she Let me so just present your case and don't go accussing her! GOOD LUCK and shave those legs!!
<33 Happy Day Laughing

by Choco_Princess on 5/28/2009 7:12:38 PM

Aw.... That sucks.
My parents don't want me shaving my arms... but they're okay w/ the legs. Maybe i should convince them too...
anyway... good luck with that!

by avrilgirl8888 on 5/28/2009 7:03:13 PM

i used 2 have this prob before this article cam out and i used the compromise methd. theres a freckle on my lower thigh, and i told my mom i would shave only up to there, and she let me! tee hee

by Sk8r_Girl on 5/28/2009 7:01:48 PM

My mom woudn t let me shave either but we found sum stuff called Veet. Its a easier to use and not as strong Nair. You put it on ( i use it for armpits and legs) and wait 10 minutes and wipe it of with a tissue. I luv it!

by coolio08 on 5/28/2009 6:53:56 PM

hey, sorry 100%DavidAFan. i've never tried it. i'll ask my friends if they have! Smile

by megabegabyte on 5/28/2009 6:52:51 PM

my moms fine w/ me shavin. in fact, she WANTS me 2 shave!!!

by skatingsarah96 on 5/28/2009 6:52:31 PM

wow! i am allowed to shave and i do, but i just think that that is fabulous advice to try to persuade your mom! if i was her mom i would definitely be persuaded.

thanks GL!

by megabegabyte on 5/28/2009 6:49:06 PM

Ya. when i first started to shave, my dad got really mad for some reason. idk why dad's r wierd. but my mom was totally ok with it. ya and u shud DEFINITLY talk 2 her because some of my friends who started the year not shaving were like made fun of.

xoxoxoxo
C.H.E.C.K. O.U.T. M.Y. P.R.O.F.I.L.E.!!!!

by OMGitsMILLI on 5/28/2009 6:22:21 PM

i never had this prob. i day iwaz n my bikini and my mom looked atme and said i needed 2 start shaving.

check out my profile,thanx!

by iheartnickjobro on 5/28/2009 6:11:56 PM

i started shaving in 5th grade and it wasn't as big a deal as i thought it was

by vballmaster:) on 5/28/2009 6:00:35 PM

dat stinks i didnt have this problem thou mi mom kinda told me 2 shave before i went to my cuzins party in this sundress shes like ok you need to start shaving now i totally didnt want to i waz in 5th grade i think lik the summer afta 5th grade! sry bout dat thou

by cookingirl490 on 5/28/2009 5:57:01 PM

My mom TOLD me i had to shave cuz my legs were to hairy. why would ur mom NOT want u to shave? good luck

by emerald-girl18 on 5/28/2009 5:46:30 PM

hey i have this problem too .
last year my mom said i could shave in spring/09 and i didn't get to yet!

MOD AND GIRLS PLEASE HELP!
This is great advice... I am just soo scared . I don't know what to say . I can't think of reasons, excpet that i hate having dark hair on my legs cuz i think it looks wierd & that everyone else does it so i don't think i am too young.
HELP ME SOON PLEASE!

by aero14 on 5/28/2009 5:44:12 PM

im so sorry that ur mom wont let u shave!!! wat i did wuz ask her if i could shave the day i wuz goin 2 a pool party. i wuz like i feel weird, can i shave? mayb u should bring this up when u r goin 2 the pool or the beach or just wearin shorts... might work!

by FMNgirl on 5/28/2009 5:36:02 PM

Mod-
I'm addicted to the computer! I'm on it aaaaaall the time. There's nothing better to do in my house and my neighborhood isn't that safe. I'm always bored so i just go on the computer. please help!!
God bless~

Hey girl,

Grab a book! It's getting warmer outside, so hunker down by the pool or in your backyard and read a couple chapters. Listen to music, or hang out with your friends. There's tons of things you can do offline!

~Alexa
alexa e.

by me girl on 5/28/2009 5:33:34 PM

if ur under 12 then u dont have to shave. ur hair is probably too light.
my mom let me shave when i grew armpit hair.
i luv my mommy!!!

by shellster128 on 5/28/2009 5:23:16 PM

my mom let me start last summer since i was going into 6th grade she really wasn't all that happy though

by littlemiss139 on 5/28/2009 5:13:16 PM

my really skinny friends are alwayz like i'm so fat and it bugs the crap out of me.. i'm skinny and i know that i am.. I don't know how to reply to it i alwayz say no ur not buy I'm tired of it.. I'm always saying that to them.. They just don't get that they are skinny. They have really low self esteem and I just can't bring it back up, it just seems like I make them feel worse!!!! PLEASE HELP MOD!!! and its not like I can be like ur smaller than me cuz i'm shorter and skinnier than all my friends.

by LJSOCCER12 on 5/28/2009 5:11:39 PM

This is pretty good advice, though I don't have this problem cause I've been allowed to shave since the fifth grade lol

by cg1304 on 5/28/2009 5:11:06 PM

i would just do it anyway!

by Cletta on 5/28/2009 5:02:07 PM

i tried sumthing alot like this 4 a cell phone b/c i really want 1. it didn't work. Frown

by so_she_told_me... on 5/28/2009 4:49:15 PM

Awesome! I have the same prob! I'll totally try this!Plz check out my profile!

by sweet n' sugar on 5/28/2009 4:41:09 PM

yea, my mom encouraged my shaving

by xmonkeybrain10 on 5/28/2009 4:40:18 PM

MOD!!!
i saw that someone said that Nair burns. how does it work and how do you use it? in different lighting my leg hair looks different, and different days its darker or lighter. why is that?
xoxo,

Hey girl,

I've never used Nair so I'm not sure exactly how it works...it uses some sort of chemicals to make your hair come off. I think you coat it on your legs, wait for a certain amount of time, and then wipe it off. Different lighting makes everything look different--skin, hair, eyes, etc. If you spend a lot of time in the sun, your hair may look lighter afterwards.

by bubbles1215 on 5/28/2009 4:36:23 PM

I try to kind of give hints to my mom, and twice she is like "Oh your legs are getting hairy" I ask her If I can shave and She says "Oh shaving is a pain" And I ask for nair and she is like "Oh that irritates ur skin" Then why does she get my hopes up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

by frostybunny9 on 5/28/2009 4:32:50 PM

i started shaving at 9 because teasing got so bad. my mom just was exsasperated and told me "well now i guess you'll have to keep shaving." and she didn't complain. just tell her why you don't like not being allowed to shave *hint:everyone else is doing it does not work!!* just keep your cool.

by BFFsR4eva on 5/28/2009 4:24:33 PM

woza, im not even ready 2 shave.

by Maddie12798 on 5/28/2009 4:20:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
please help me!!!! this weekend me, my bff stacy, my guy friend max, and my ex-bf r thinking about going 2 the movies. i said mayb since my ex was coming. the reason my ex is going i scuz my friend stacy and him r bff's. i don't want it 2 be awkward and i'm afraid it will be. shud i go or say i already had plans??? if i shud go how can i make it less awkward? we just broke up on last week and things have been rly awkward @ school when we r in class. what shud i do???

Hey girl,

Don't let a fear of awkwardness stop you from hangin' out with your friends! This is a good chance for you guys to start rebuilding a friendship. Make it less awkward by bringing up a topic you know he loves to talk about. Also, these things get awkward if you either pay too much attention to him or none at all...either way it's obvious you're nervous, so pretend he's like any other friend and spread your attention around between everyone.

by kaki101 on 5/28/2009 4:09:00 PM

aww that stinks. good luck!!

by serafinasunshine23 on 5/28/2009 4:06:47 PM

Use a spray on like Nair. It works great and it lasts longer.

MOD AND GIRLS I NEED YOUR HELP
I have a project in school called " is that okay to say"( using word guy for females) we need one internet survey source so I want to use this site. Could you please respondto these questions to my profile? if it doesn't work please respond here.

1. Does it bother you to be called a guy? Why or why not

2. Under what circumstances do you find being called a guy okay or not? ( when alone, with boys, etc.)

3. Who ever called you a guy before, and does it bother you? ( how many times)

4. Comments about this survey, other questions you think I should ask.

thank-you!
-orangeslice-

by orangeslice on 5/28/2009 4:03:47 PM

****MOD******MOD******MOD*****
So me and this boy are really good friends with each other.We've started hanging out even more together lately.Then today it seemed like he was paying even more attention to me then before.So then at lunch he sat at the table behind me, so he kept on staring at me.Then i got up to throw my food out and he stole my chair!!!After like 5 min i finally got my chair back and sat down.Then 10 min later he walked by my chair and put ice down my back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Then one of his girl friends said that he liked me!!!!!Then he started denying like crazy.Do u think he likes me????Luv ya...reply a.s.a.p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanx

Hey girl,

I can't tell you for certain, but it sounds like he does to me!

by asalema12 on 5/28/2009 3:58:55 PM

For all you girlies who are havin a prob with your Momma and Shavin, (I know I've been there!) It's not so hard!! I was really nervous and I didn't think my Mom would let me since I was only 11 but I just confronted her and hey! Whatdidja know? It worked! She gave me the stuff, showed me how on her leg, did it on my leg, and then waited that way if i had any probs she could help! If your nervous just get it out there cuz it's worth the smooth hairy less legs. Trust me on this one!

by lat144 on 5/28/2009 3:54:38 PM

*mod*
I recently started shaving. I shave once a week, but the hair grows back so fast. At the end of the week it looks pretty long. It is blonde, so it's not too noticible. But I feel kind of self conscience. Should I shave twice a week?

Hey girl,

There's no set amount of how often you should shave. If you feel self-conscious about it and shaving twice a week instead of once will help you feel more comfortable, go for it!

by monkeyra13 on 5/28/2009 3:52:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So my friend Kristy, Madison, and i went to safeway to get some starbucks. We were looking around safeway and my friend Kristy wanted to buy some Condums as a joke. I told her no and so did my friend Madison. She told to just have some fun. Madison and i still didn't want to. She said we were no fun. She said that she was going to but she had no money left so she asked me for some. At first i said no but she promised she would pay me back. So she bought them. Problem is that her brothers friend and his mom saw us and now his mom wants to tell Kristys mom. I know Kristy is going to blame it on me and Madison. My mom dosn't even know i know what they are. I am SOO afraid! HELP!!! What should i do???

Hey girl,

Try talking to your mom about this before she hears it from someone else. Tell her what happened (minus the brother's friend part) and say, "This situation made me so uncomfortable. We told her we didn't think it was funny, but she did." As long as she knows you weren't supportive of what Kristy did, she'll understand.

by chelsea101 on 5/28/2009 3:51:29 PM

omg girl that stinks.

by chocolatelover13 on 5/28/2009 3:51:14 PM

wow! I started shaving in fourth grade and my mom was fine with it! Well good luck hope she says yes!

by Photochickie on 5/28/2009 3:44:04 PM

luckly i can shave my legs, but sorry girl
-Jenna (Head of Family and Friends, ask for adivce!)

by _xojennaxo_ on 5/28/2009 3:41:29 PM

i did it behind my moms bac then wen she found out she was fine with it

by hottie83 on 5/28/2009 3:38:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok i am having some issues.... i live in ohio, and went to denver (2 weeks ago) and stayed in the mountains, and started hallucinating, and i still am, and i keep feeling the need to write down numbers (like i guess it was in the movie the knowing) i keep writing them down, and i do it everyday at the same time, and i don't know whats wrong... and i was wondering if im going crazy....

Hey girl,

I don't think you're going crazy. And I so wish I could offer you some great advice! Unfortunately, I'm not an expert on this, and I don't wanna point you in the wrong direction. Try talking to the 'rents or another adult you trust. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you get things squared away.

by waterlily576 on 5/28/2009 3:33:38 PM

dear 100%DavidAFan:
i thing my mom had smooth away and i think she sed it didnt work 2 well. i would read some reviews and and go by ur better judgment on gettin it or not.

by booisme on 5/28/2009 3:30:00 PM

Mod!!
ive bern shaving since i was 11 1/2...My mom only lets me shave from my knees down & my pits. So my calves & knees r all smooth & nice, but my thighs r so hairy!!! I feel disgusting & embarassed & I tell her that, but she still says no!! ("it grows in even faster & thicker up there.") I even tried to explain it will only be for shorts season & not in the winter. How should I convince her that I should shave up there too?
thanks.

Hey girl,

Your mom is right--your thigh hair is much lighter and thinner now than it will ever be after you start shaving. It doesn't sound like she'll be convinced soon, so how about asking if you can bleach the hair on your thighs? It'll be less noticeable that way.

by XxhorsebabexXsugar on 5/28/2009 3:21:18 PM

We are going to have a day of celebration for Club MOD right here on GL and on the Club MOD site!!

It will be June 6th!!

Mark your calendars!

We also need some ideas for what we can do on celebration day, if you have ideas for activities and games, post them to the Club MOD profile!

All board members will need to have some discussions, so we will use my personal profile , which will be given to all board members!

board members are all heads of departments such as fashion, guyville etc. and the vp and editor.

ALso, remeber everyone, we are accepting candidates for head of body and periods!! Become a candidate today before it is to late!

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

ANYONE who check their profile and the club profile atleast every other day can become an advertiser for Club MOD, they basically just advertise our club around gl! I need atleast 2-3 girls to do this job, there is no application or anything, just post that you would like to be an advertiser (it is a board position) and I will tell you if you can become one!!

SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT CLUB MOD!!!

THANKS!!

Club MOD President <3

by CLubMOD on 5/28/2009 3:19:05 PM

All I did was ask her when we were at the drugstore... She ws like "Do you need anything?" and I was like "Can I get some razors? I want to shave my legs" and she was just like sure.

by lechair on 5/28/2009 2:54:51 PM

ok so your mom doesn't want you tto shave why is it because your to young or she don't thank that your old enough anyway good luck with the chat oh and by the way you don't have to worry some people are praying for hair but not much any way you should be proud of yourself that show growth and you are maturing.

by mizzbeautifulm on 5/28/2009 2:51:40 PM

mod mod mod
thanks so much for the advice :]]
one more thing,
i'm not allowed to date, and neither is my crush (at least i don't think so) he's never had a gf. but i REALLY like him and i want to see what he thinks of me (in that special way) should i tell him i like him even though i can't date him until i'm 16? he's in 7th grade and i'm in 8th. and no one knows who he likes. we talk a decent amount, but i think i'll lose contact with him over the summer. HELP

Hey girl,

If you have the guts, totally tell him. If you guys like each other, it'll be one more reason not to lose contact over the summer!

by penguins4emi on 5/28/2009 2:45:44 PM

my mom never puts up a fuss about anything like this.

check out my profile and comment!

by sillymeoops on 5/28/2009 2:40:57 PM

MODD
Ok. Thank you i really appreciate your advice but i think i'd feel funny trying to talk to my teacher i wouldn't know what to say and i feel like he would think i was complaining. I understand your point i'm just very shy and bad with words. And I did another group project this year and i was able to talk but i had a specific role and just read it off the paper. When we got our grade back though he wrote relax next to my name so i think he sees how uncomfortable I am in front of the class. I don't know why this is bothering me so much. I think i need to talk to him to feel better but i'm afraid of what he might say.

Hey girl,

Your teacher is there to help you learn, so don't be nervous about talking to him! Just stick around after class and ask how you are going to be graded. Then tell him how awful public speaking makes you feel. Say that you understand if he can't let you, but you would love to have another chance to show him that you do understand and know the material. If he doesn't give you one, then you have to let it go. And next time, stick up for yourself more in the group! Even if nobody else wants assigned parts, see if they'll let you have one specific thing to do, like doing the intro or closing things up.

by reesespieces578 on 5/28/2009 2:37:45 PM

****Mod****
Does Smooth Away really work?

Hey girl,

I've never tried it so I don't know. Do any of the other girlies here have an answer?

by 100%DavidAFan on 5/28/2009 2:28:42 PM

MODD!!!!!
ok so i had an oral project in my english class yesterday and it didn't go so well. I was in a group with 5 other people and we were interpreting poetry. The assignment was to teach the class. I'm not really good at voicing my opinion especially since i have no idea about poetry so i had trouble. I suggested we break the assignment into roles so we each had something to say but they said no we'll just go we'll all just jump in. So me being unassertvie i just said fine. But then when it was finally our turn to go I kept trying to find a spot to jump in and say something but i never knew what to say or where to jump so i ended up not saying anything. I felt sooo stupid and now I feel really bad about it because if it is being graded individually i'll fail and if it is a group grade i dont want a grade I don't deserve or for my horrible public speaking skills to damage my whole groups grade. I just feel like my whole class must think i'm such a bad person for not speaking becuase it looks as if i didnt do anything. I feel terrible and I actually came home sick yesterday with a fever so i stayed home today and i dont know how im going to face my class. My friend said not to worry about it and my mom told me that it's just something i'm not good at and not to worry becuase it's only one grade. I know they were trying to help but i can't help but feel like I embarrassed myself and I just don't think i'll feel better soon.I feel like my group must hate my guts and i don't want people to think i'm mean or something i was just so flustered. help?

Hey girl,

I know this is a huge deal to you, but it will be okay. Chances are, the other people in your group and class are too focused on themselves and how they did to think about your sitch. Talk to your teacher and explain what happened. Ask if she'll give you a chance to talk to her one-on-one about the project. When you do your private mini-presentation, make sure you're well prepared and you'll totally shine!

by reesespieces578 on 5/28/2009 2:22:23 PM

mod mod mod
it's finally time to get a new swimsuit, mine is too small. i loved the article on which swimsuit looks best on your body, and i know exactly what style i would LOVE to have. BUT my dad is dead set on not letting me get a bikini. he says that that's not the kind of attention i want for my body and that boys should like me even if i don't wear a bikini. stuff like that. but even though i understand his side, i want one. i just feel so awkward when i go to the beach and all these girls have their tiny bikinis then look at me weird cuz i'm wearing a tankini. i've told him this and he just counters with "it shouldn't matter to you what other people think" and we've had entire discussions about whether i can get one or not. my mom is on my side but he won't listen. (plus i don't even want a really showy one, i WANT it to have coverage)

Hey girl,

Try showing your dad the bikini style you want. If he sees that you want coverage, he might bend a little. If not, time to go with Plan B: go out and get the cutest tankini you can find! If you don't like tankinis, try a monokini (a one piece with cutouts that looks like a bikini from behind)--they're super popular this year.

by penguins4emi on 5/28/2009 2:16:21 PM

Mod, I have two questions. First, where's a good place to get really cute but cheap rompers? Second, how do you get rid of hand hair, do you shave it off?

Hey girl,

I think Forever 21 might sell rompers. And don't shave your hand hair!! Nobody wants stubble on their hands. If it really bothers you, bleach it.

by ng7788 on 5/28/2009 2:14:35 PM

girl, cmnt my profile for adviceSmile

by djjollyrancher on 5/28/2009 1:55:52 PM

If she says no, another possibly good isea i smooth away, or asking her for the cream?

by stylechic21 on 5/28/2009 1:39:55 PM

oh she said that in the advice about cream!! I didnt read that til after iposted astcoent i promise i wasnt trying to take credit for it!!

by stylechic21 on 5/28/2009 1:38:07 PM

What about hair removale cream?

by stylechic21 on 5/28/2009 1:35:57 PM

my mom doesnt let me shave but i dnt have a lot of hair on my legs so it doesnt bother me

by zany94 on 5/28/2009 12:34:07 PM

when i started shaving i first used nair and it worked really well..i started to early and i wish i wouldnt have, i only did it cuase my sister had started and i was jealous. so make sure that if you start shaving you are ready to constantly shave and shave and shave in other words only start if you HAVE to cause shaving is really annoying

by lilhomie0202 on 5/28/2009 12:05:33 PM

oh that stinks, but you could prolly use thoses other produts that you spray on and wash off, those do the trick Smile

by abigail:) on 5/28/2009 12:05:19 PM

*****MODERATOR*****
Ever since I talked to my crush to say I liked him, I've been totally consious of what I do. Like, If I need to use the bathroom I close all the bathroom doors and lock them, I feel embarrassed to shower... It's just really weird. It's not like he'll see me! Why am I like this and how can I stop?

Hey girl,

Hmm...maybe you get nervous about this stuff because he's on your mind, and it feels strange to be thinking about him while you're doing such private stuff. I'm not really sure what to tell you...try talking to an older sibling or an adult you trust about this, they may be able to help you.

by willow xx on 5/28/2009 12:02:53 PM

that would stink!! good luck Smile

by khski1095 on 5/28/2009 12:00:38 PM

MODMODMODMOD! It's been over a week and my profile still hasn't been approved. How much longer?

Hey girl,

You aren't on our list of profiles that are being moderated right now, so there could be a couple things going on. First of all, if you had anything on your profile that could be considered offensive or inappropriate, we probably didn't approve it. If that's not the case, you could need parental approval. Check this link: http://www.girlslife.com/SignupParents.aspx

by Countrycutie2249<3 on 5/28/2009 11:59:01 AM

I HAVE VENUS BREEZE. ITS SO SAFE AND ALL YOU NEED IS WATER...NO SOAP (IF U BUY IT, BUY THE PURPLE PACKAGE!)

CHECK OUT MY PROFILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by twilightfreak23 on 5/28/2009 11:50:07 AM

I just started shaving at like um... last summer I think, and I was a little later than my friends starting, but my mom said yes after she noticed how BAD my legs really looked! Smile Our shaving convo went REALLY well, so don't be afraid to just try to talk to your mom!! Smile

by dancechick on 5/28/2009 11:48:43 AM

yea but nair and veet basically burn your hair off with out the fire! i had the same problem and my mom said i couldn't shave and i asked her if i could use nair and she said yes. well after my experiance she let me shave cuz it hurts more than shaving! it stings really badly!

*JESUS SAVES*

by <3jesusfreak<3 on 5/28/2009 11:46:11 AM

aw that sux, maybe your just to oung, or she thinks your too young, try acting older- like helping make dinner

check out my profile,

thx, tennizchick

by tennizchick on 5/28/2009 11:41:21 AM

I'm sorry just make sure to be mature about it, if she doesn't let you shave try bleaching your leg hair blond, just spray lemon juice on your legs lay out in the sun. Then your leg hair will be less noticeable good luck!!

by glluver4life on 5/28/2009 11:38:13 AM

ive never reallyyy understood the mom wont let me shave thing. i mean im sure they have good reasons, but my mom wsnt so...uptight...about it. but i mean its just leg hair!! its really not a big deal

by mrs.kevinjonas on 5/28/2009 11:36:50 AM

===mod===
On the nutriton fact lable it tells you the amount of calories is in a cretain serving. Does it include the fat calories in there? Or is it counted seperate?

Hey girl,

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure the calories from fat are part of the total calories.

by stock wood for peace on 5/28/2009 11:23:26 AM

MOD!
ok well my mom got me the smooth away. It kinda works, but i rather use a razor, because the smooth away just doesnt get all the hair! But I didnt come right out and ask her for a razor, but i told her i dont like the smooth away. She tells me the reason why theres some hair left is because i missed some spots. but I know i didnt, because I REMEMBER going over those parts, like my knee, which is still hairy-ish. She told me she doesnt want me to have to start using a razor. But I WANT TO! So, do I wait until the smooth away pads are worn out, and before she buys another one tell her that i want to try a razor? And if that doesnt work, go back to the smooth away? HELP!

Hey girl,

Talk to her about it now, and see if she'll consider getting you a razor when the pads are worn out. If not, maybe she'll let you try a different product, like Nair.

by *dancing*star* on 5/28/2009 11:21:46 AM

I had to make a compromise with my mom. I have to keep my room neat, and I can shave. If I don't keep it neat for 3 days, my razor gets taken away for a week.

Good advice though, Lisa!

by sillyrosiepoodlesock on 5/28/2009 11:19:21 AM

Oh my gosh, that would stink so bad. Idk why she wouldnt let u shave (unless you're in 2nd grade or something, in which case u would b way too young), but the GL people are right, listening can get u a really long way. Smile Peace out people! XOXO
Love,

by ichigoangel on 5/28/2009 11:16:24 AM

ARE YOU A SPORTY GAL?
DO YOU LOVE SPORTS?

THAN CLUB SPORT IS 4 YOU!

SEARCH CLUB SPORT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT US AND IF YOU DECIDE IT'S THE CLUB 4 U, THAN COMMENT ON THE PRO AND YOU'RE IN!

by karaoke on 5/28/2009 11:13:21 AM

I have the EXACT same prob! My mom doesn't think my legs are hairy! WOW! I think my mom is BLIND!!!! LOL I will probably ask her again some other time.

by Erica9797 on 5/28/2009 11:11:18 AM

i don't like shaving

hey girls check out my profile

by wednesday1408 on 5/28/2009 11:01:41 AM

Wow well I had the same problem but my mom told me to shave so I can now.

by alyssajonascullen<3 on 5/28/2009 10:48:51 AM

Maybe she would prefer you to use a depilatory like Nair or Veet?

by willow xx on 5/28/2009 10:48:37 AM

First?!

by alyssajonascullen<3 on 5/28/2009 10:48:26 AM

(OH YA FIRST COMMENT!) I think it depends on how old you are. i started at...10. in other words, i started shaving young. if ur 12 or older, its time to shave!! she probably does have a reason not to let you. A lot of my friends started shaving with out telling their moms, and about a week l8r, told them. Now, i asked my mom. I have an older sister, so i guess that why she said yes. It IS a pain, but it makes a great improvement in the way u look!

by purplenay on 5/28/2009 10:38:17 AM

that sounds like a big problem to me!

by ATL'n Gurl on 5/28/2009 10:36:45 AM

OMG!! i feel super bad for you! i hope that you get to shave soon. and thx girlslife. my friend has the same problem ill print this page =)

by vetgirl504 on 5/28/2009 10:32:29 AM

1st comment??

by camel490 on 5/28/2009 10:29:46 AM

1st comment?
i had this prob i hope this works for you!

by taylorswiftchick101 on 5/28/2009 10:28:42 AM

I agree, thats what I did when my mom said no to shaving the first time =D

by olivia13 on 5/28/2009 10:12:54 AM

CALLING ALL GIRLS!!!!!

HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO HELP GIRLS OUT? WELL NOW YOU CAN JOIN GIRLY ADVICE!!! GO TO MY PROFILE FOR DEETS!!!

* GIRLIES HELPING GIRLY PROBLEMS*

CALLING ALL GIRLS!!!!!

by girlyadvice123 on 5/28/2009 10:09:39 AM

wow thats a pretty darn good idea i shoulda done that lol

by BrownEyedGirl10 on 5/28/2009 10:09:34 AM

**MOD** (Sorry its long)
MY mom doesnt shave but, I want to try it out. I don't know how to bring it up but, I have had plenty of times to do it? Also, what if I don't like it! Can I just shave in Summer, and Spring and stop when it gets cold??!! I hear that you have to do it all the time?? HELP I"M IN A CRISIS!!!

Hey girl,

I know it's hard, but you have to just gather your courage, sit her down, and tell her. Use some of the tips on this page to help you have a mature convo. As for seasonal shaving, I know a lot of girls that don't shave in winter (unless they have to wear a dress or skirt)...it's totally fine as long as you don't mind a little stubble!

by babygirlk on 5/28/2009 10:08:05 AM

1st comment???!!!
gosh i had that problem a while back but without anybody telling me how to talk to my mom i did exactly what they just said- it worked for me!
check out my profile Smile

by monkeymaniac on 5/28/2009 10:00:51 AM

oh my mom was totally like that! so then i shaved and she was all "wateva!" lol

CHECK OUT CLUB GL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Club GL on 5/28/2009 9:43:29 AM

To the girlies shaving problem, use smooth away, it smoothes off the hair with noWANTED! PERSONAL TRAINER!
Trainer that can help me acheive my weight loss goals and find good workouts for me! If interested please post PERSONAL TRAINER and I will get you the application! chemicle or cuts! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

by igymnast10 on 5/28/2009 9:26:44 AM

Ask her if you can use Nair. That's what my mom made me do and it works great! Good luck, girly!

by gladiator*girl on 5/28/2009 9:21:21 AM

That would suck. The first time I tried to shave my legs without telling my mom, I only used soap instead of shaving cream. Now I have a nasty scar down my leg.

by Nikkita on 5/28/2009 8:31:26 AM

This is just what i needed! im soo tired of sneaking behind my moms back and shaving but now im totally gonna try this out. thanks GL Laughing

Check out my profile girls, and please leave a comment, thanks!

by SportyGal on 5/28/2009 7:55:41 AM

first comment? My mom is totally fine with me shaving.

by Ksister on 5/28/2009 7:40:37 AM