1 HOURS AGO RT @danimitchell3: #ootd #GLfashbash #fashbash Thanks Girl Life Magazine for the comfy shirt!!! #backtoschool @girlslifemag http://t.co/Wwopic.twitter.com/WwoPqWxTcW

2 HOURS AGO Consider these braces myths busted: http://t.co/OeysYpfhsF

3 HOURS AGO The problem with #feminism: http://t.co/KVSIiYGCrd

COMMENTS

Travelin' troubles

Hey GL, I have a bit of a dilemma. I just heard about this amazing two-week dance camp in the mountains of NY and I...

You will have a great time. I have been going to sleep away camp for like 6 years and I have been the new person twice. All you have to do is be yourself and you will make friends. As for the end of camp way to go! you get to dance with a European Pop Star!

by pupellie on 6/10/2009 3:53:18 PM

OK THERE IS A NEW CLUB CALLED THE JOURNAL. ITS BEING MODERATED RIGHT NOW SO KEEP CHECKING IN. IF YO WOULD LIKE TO JOIN COMMENT ON MOUNTAINEER'S PROFILE. THANKS Smile

by TheJournal on 6/10/2009 10:48:50 AM

3 words-
go for it!!!

by kgirlpanda on 6/9/2009 5:55:26 PM

Yeah, my friends and I... we aren't too into sleep away camps so we don't really have to worry about that stuff, but what I think stinks most abut your sit. is that your parents are letting you go ON THE FACT THAT YOU'RE NOT GOING TO CALL HOME CRYING ET CETERA. That really stinks. My parents would just encourage me to go and allow me to call home... not because was scared but because I just wanted to check in at home and say 'hey', you know???

by musicsquirt98 on 6/9/2009 4:31:30 PM

I LLLLLOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE dancing but I don't think my 'rents can pull off the cash to go to any expensive camp. I'm gonna' try out a local cheerleading camp tho...<33

by LJSOCCER12 on 6/9/2009 4:05:58 PM

i have a great idea that used to help me with homesickness. ask your mom to write you a short letter for each day of the week that you are gone. at night, open that days letter, and remember your parents wishes for you to stay calm. when you feel homesick, listen to music or even open up to new friends. maybe even BRING a fellow dancer to camp! im sure once the camp is in full swing youll be having so much fun that youll forget your homesickness.
xoxo, advice_chica
please leave any questions or advice that you need on my profile and ill answer asap. i KNOW ill be able to help Smile

by advice_chica on 6/9/2009 2:07:52 PM

TIPS FOR HOMESICKNESS:
~Always-ALWAYS-bring something, like an old blanket, sweater, or stuffed animal that smells like home.
~Make sure you have e-mail addresses and phone numbers of your friends and family from home.
~Don't be shy! It never hurt anybody to make a few new friends.

by hyperpuppy on 6/9/2009 3:40:16 AM

-_-...im seriously jelouse of u ive been danceing scince befor i could walk litteraly.and i never got a chance like that.i went to new york and if i ever get that chance again im going to cry of happiness.is that enough reason to go for u?

by dancengirl on 6/9/2009 3:33:12 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I feel like I do not have a BFF. My two BFFs moved across the country, and although we stay in touch, it is not nearly the same as having one right in my hometown! I have some other friends, but none of them are my besties, I really want a new beat friend or two, but I go to a really small school that doesn't have many kids so I don't meet that many new people. Also, I am quite shy, so I have trouble talking to people I hardly know. How can I make some new best friends?

Hey babe, just be as outgoing as possible and talk to girls you maybe haven't seen or talked to in a while. Be confident and show who you are and people will notice!
katelin s.

by lovedance15 on 6/9/2009 12:00:49 AM

I'm a dancer too! I love it! I hope you have fun at the camp!

by NYCBdancer on 6/8/2009 11:58:00 PM