11 HOURS AGO You know you wanna wear a sweater on Thanksgiving...here's how to rock it: http://t.co/hhSGNIzUT6

14 HOURS AGO Need a style upgrade? Enter to win a pair of @mirabellagirl slouchies for your UGG boots: http://t.co/ggzprnMsbF

15 HOURS AGO Now even shy girls van get their flirt on: http://t.co/UCVNh5a7Wx

COMMENTS

Hot Summer Hair Accessory: Headbands!

Feel like your hair always look so-so? Snazz up your strands with a sassy headband. Here's how!

i neeed help!!!when i get my hair wet the front gets mega-cirly but the back stayz straight.i want to keep my hair straight, even if i get it wet!any ideas??????plz?????

by buddy on 7/10/2009 12:24:45 PM

*****MOD*****
i have really thick hair, almost 5 times somebody with normal hair's ponytail. its a little wavy on top, and super wavy underneath. wat would be a good hairstyle 4 me? do u think gl could maybe do an article 4 chicas with thick hair, because i have looked through every magazine w/ hair tips and they never say anything about thick hair!?! thx that would be so amazingly awesome!!!!!!

Hey girl! That's a great idea! We've recently gotten a lot of comments from girls asking for more hair advice for their type of hair. I will make sure to talk to my coworkers at GL about your suggestion! I would try using a curl enhancing gel on your hair when it's wet to bring out your hair's natural curl and then wearing it long and wavy. You could also try a smoothing cream and blowing it dry and then using a flat iron for a sleeker style. You could try pinning back some of your hair for a half up-half down look. I also am a huge fan of the boho look with braids!

<3 katy
Katy J.

by GemStone3 on 6/27/2009 11:27:18 AM

omg ppl don't buy the last ones! i did and they r a total rip off! i wore the purple one to school just ONE day and when i took it off after school it just snapped in two! they are really cheaply made and they hurt ur head!(that's why i was taking it off in the first place)

by eki_dancer13 on 6/26/2009 8:11:36 PM

great look.Claire's has cute headbands to

by band girl on 6/20/2009 10:42:56 AM

,MOD!MOD!MOD! My hair is really thick and I have bangs. I have tried to use headbands, but I end up looking like a little girl. How can I use headbands and not to look like a baby? I also need tips on how to do my hair. Thanks.,Post Comment

How about pulling the bangs back with the headband?  Or you can always clip your bangs back in a poof to get them out of your eyes... it's a very sophisticated look!

Brooke E.

by Sensu on 6/17/2009 5:00:54 AM

Head bands no stick on me!!!

by stylechic21 on 6/12/2009 10:25:12 AM

I have like uber thick hair. My ponytail is at least 4 times as thick as somebody with normal hair. I get really hot in summer, and my hair bugs me. Does anybody know a cute hairstyle for girls with thick hair that doesnt involve chopping my hair off?

by GemStone3 on 6/12/2009 10:05:38 AM

Those are SO adorable!!!

by zebraprintrainbow on 6/11/2009 7:16:48 PM

*******MOD*******
I am getting my hair cut soon. I have thick, dark brown,wavy hair past my shoulders. Think Native American just wavier because I'm almost all Cherokee, I just use wave enhancing shampoo, conditioner, mousse, and spray. I really want to get something funky and new, and something I can just shower and go. I was thinking long sideswept bangs to my chin, while the rest of my hair is shoulder length. It would be longer in the front than in the back, and I would thin my hair, get layers, and add some caramel highlights. Does this sound too drastic? Would you recommend something else? What other options can you think of? Lastly, what are the 'hot' hairstyles of this summer (pun intended, lol) Thanks in advance for your help, support, generosity, and wisdom.

Hey babe, that sounds good. I would take in a pic you like of a style and show it to a stylist.  I like adding braids for the summer!
katelin s.

by animehorsegirl on 6/9/2009 10:28:10 PM

Hey mod!!!
I just wanted to say do you know how to make that cute braided headband by AE Cus i know ppl make those and its soooo cute so maybe you guys could to an article on it?! That would be soooo cool thanks!!

Hey babe, sure I'll pass the idea along.
katelin s.