4 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

7 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

8 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

Stunning (and safe!) Summer Highlights

"I've been thinking about getting highlights but I'm sort of hesitant. I'm not sure what color to get or if I want to put coloring in my hair. I need advice!"

MOD MOD MOD!!!
i have a heart shaped face. currently i have a little past my shoulders hardo with the shortest layer at my chin. ive been wanting to grow it out but now i think i want to cut it. i am a cheerleader so i still need to pull it up into a pony. do you think something like selena gomez's new haircut would work or what do you suggest?
xox
gtyjsrock

Hey Girl, that would prob look super cute, so go for it! *Cara T*
Cara T.

by gtyjsrock on 6/17/2009 10:29:46 PM

MOD!!!
Could you use real lemons and squeeze it (sry its kinda a stupid question) & does the lemon juice highlights work for hair of different races? THANKS TONS

Hey girl, it really depends on the person's hair, but ir you really want it, try it and let other people know what happened! I'm sure there are other girls dying to know! <3 Jeannie
Jeannie L.

by zany94 on 6/17/2009 5:40:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD Does the lemon/water mixture work on died hair (I died my hair black)?

Hey girl, it depends on each and every person so I can't guarantee you anything but you should definitely try it if you like it! <3 Jeannie
Jeannie L.

by iLiVe4fuN on 6/17/2009 2:22:24 PM

**MOD**
ppl r commenting that the lemon juice does not work on reallie dark hair but i wanna kno for suree . does it ? oh and where can yooh get this Sun-in stuff ? thx .

Hey babe, I'm not positive but I doubt it would work well. Drug stores like Walgreens, CVS or Wal-Mart would sell Sun-In and similar products.
katelin s.

by sweetheart2014 on 6/16/2009 11:40:50 PM

MOD!
My hair is really really dark brown, would it work with it?

Hey babe, maybe golden or redish highlights.
katelin s.

by Vivi on 6/16/2009 10:17:22 PM

My mom highlighted my hair from a box, and it turned out good. then we touched them up again, and i messed them up Tong so we had to go to the salon to get them fixed.

by flip-flop_diva on 6/16/2009 9:08:18 PM

*MOD* i think i want to try the lemon highlights,but my hair is really dark brown and my mom says my hair will probably bleach into a brassy color instead of light brown. and also, if you spray it all over your hair, wont all of your hair get lightened? i would prefer to get highlights, not bleach all my hair. i might just put streaks of lemon in my hair, but im afraid the highlights will look to chunky and unnatural. has anyone tried this? thanx Laughing

Hey Girl, I'm with your mom. The acid in the lemon could make your hair really brassy. I would try one really small piece of hair first and see how you like it. xo Annemarie
Annemarie D.

by happpiegoluckie on 6/16/2009 7:32:24 PM

***MOD MOD MOD MOD**** something weird happened to my comment... its up there, but my thing was to long and the **mod** disappeared... could a moderater answer my question, its just a few comments above. thanx Laughing

Hey Girl, Could you resend the comment? Thanks! xo Annemarie
Annemarie D.

by happpiegoluckie on 6/16/2009 6:35:15 PM

MODERATOR! ** MOD!
For the lemon thing, is it very noticable? I just want some really light subtle highlights in my hair. And how can you tell if it is in all of your hair , cause I don't want it to be patchy...and the salon is too expensive. Thanks so much!

Hey Girl, This is totally not a reliable way to color, it's just a fun temp thing. If you want something more stable, go to a salon! xo Annemarie
Annemarie D.

by Aero14 on 6/16/2009 6:22:44 PM

Hey Mod or Girls -
I know it says don't go 2 shades lighter than your hair. But mine is really dark and it naturally has auburn and gold highlights would it look weird to accentuate those?

Hey girlie,

If your hair has those highlights naturally, it would look great to accentuate them! Happy styling...

xoxo Allie