4 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

5 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

6 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz What kind of friends does your personality attract? http://t.co/RQkbRjeZXx

COMMENTS

Stunning (and safe!) Summer Highlights

"I've been thinking about getting highlights but I'm sort of hesitant. I'm not sure what color to get or if I want to put coloring in my hair. I need advice!"

Okay thanks Smile

by hinatagal on 8/18/2012 7:49:21 PM

Hey hinatagal, just show her pics of the hairstyle you want and see if she approves then. If she sees it's nothing drastic she may change her mind. Hope this helps! Xoxo

I have mid-length wavy dark brown hair with caramel highlights (there fading)and side bangs. I really want a haircut but my mom wont let me. She says it wont look good because when I was 3 she caught it ear length or shoulder length and it didn't look good. I don't want anything MAJOR just below shoulder length Lynae P.

by hinatagal on 8/18/2012 1:43:54 AM

I have brown hair with a tint of red and want to get hight lights what color should i get

by sweetsunkissed on 4/13/2011 6:58:05 PM

MODMODMOD
I've had the same haircut/color for a while and I want to switch it up. i'm thinking of getting highlights. My hair is ash blonde, so what colors would be most flattering? Thanks

hey! With hair as light as yours you might consider lowlights to accent your color, maybe get a more golden blonde to go with it Smile
Helen S.

by linnybug12 on 4/9/2011 1:47:35 PM

Mod Mod Mod
sooo, I wanna do this lemon juice thing. will it work if I put it in at the beach and then get in the water? or if I'm at a pool? or will they just wash out? Like if I'm not totally submerged under water?
And also, I really want a different style haircut this year for school. I have a little past my shoulders, length hair, kinda curly like katy perry's. What would be a good cut for me? I have very little time to get ready in the morning for my hair. like maybe 10 minutes? Thanks for your help! Laughing

If you go swimming, it's most likely that the lemon juice will wash out... But no worries, you can always reapply it! But, about your hair, when you go in for your next hair cut tell your stylist everything you just told me! If you want to keep your hair low maintenance, I would stay away from bangs.  But, you could totally do some layers, and angles around your face to give your hair more shape, without getting too complicated!
Katie R.

by avrilrocker15 on 8/5/2010 4:03:07 AM

So I did the whole lemon juice highlights thing, but now that I'm reading the comments, it says that it won't work for dark brown/black hair, which is what I have. Also, will mold grow on it if I keep it in the spray bottle? Maximum time being like a month or so.

Hey girl, I just started modding at 9 so, I'm not sure what you and the other mod were talking about can you update me. So, I can try to help you as best as I can. Thanks

Paige T.

by mango.melon on 6/18/2010 9:07:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Will this lemon juice thing work if its not freshly squeezed lemons?
And will it work on black hair?

Hey girl, I think any lemon juice period will work -- it's the acid that works to lighten your hair color. That said, with black hair, you're going to get a strange off color -- a red/orange. My suggestion if you want lighter hair, especially a brown, is to go to a hair stylist so you get a right (and natural!) hue.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by aafree159 on 5/15/2010 5:10:48 PM

I tried this yesturday-
the results aren't drastic, but it definatly lightens your hair.
i recomend having alot of things lined up to do, it takes VERY long to make a diference.
If you have super rich hair, i wouldn't recommend this.
hope this helps!

by swimmer10 on 5/3/2010 4:23:05 PM

mod mod mod
will the lemon juice when you're swimming?

The sun when you swim will also highlight your hair. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by Jayhawker116 on 9/12/2009 10:15:11 PM

i just got this product called sun-in and its great, you spritz it on damp hair and then dry it and do what you normally would. its great because you can add as much or aslittle as you wan. its cheap and you can buy it at kroger

definetly give it a try if you dont want to go o a pricy salon.

i have done both and sun-in is just as godd

by *Laffy_Taffy_17* on 8/9/2009 10:43:12 PM

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
Hey girls! Want to have some more fun on girlslife? Can't choose the right club from all of those ads? Well, then this is the club for you! We are inviting every one of you girlies reading this to join the club! We have crafts, quizzes, contests, polls, flirting and fashion advisors, and SO much more! So, join **CLUB FUN IN THE SUN**! The best thing about it is that it is simple and super fun! You will NOT regret your decision! I hope to see you there!

by **CLUB FUN IN THE SUN** on 7/26/2009 10:08:54 PM

i am sooooo gonna try that lemon juice thing but does it wash out when u swim?

by farmangel on 7/21/2009 3:41:25 PM

MOD!
that natural highlights mixture sounds cool because i dont want to get real highlights but will it wear off or will my hair have the highlights permanently?
thanks!

Hey girl!  The highlights should last for a while, but now forever.  They may fade over time, but they'll also grow out as your hair grows.  So you'll have to reapply if you still want them.  Best, Kristen
Kristen Y.

by willy wonka on 7/9/2009 4:49:29 PM

cool. i also heard cranberry juice can work as a highlighter for brunettes like the lemon juice...

by falconfh1 on 7/5/2009 4:09:13 PM

does vinegar oil really work? what about lemon juice on darker hair??Thanks

by acutforth3 on 7/5/2009 10:31:12 AM

okay i have reddish blondeishh hair and i really want more blonde highlights. will the lemon juice turn it green, even with the water????

by actressx34 on 7/3/2009 10:19:04 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
i have dark brown hair will the lemon thing work on mi hair???

Chica, most def, it will add cute light brown highlights to your hair!
Paulette W.

by tandog1512 on 7/2/2009 5:26:07 PM

i do the lemon juice thing. i learned that from one of the last issues!! Smile

by knewell101 on 7/2/2009 1:51:14 PM

Mod
Is the Lemon Juice Safe For your Hair and Is It Ok To Use?

Hey babe,

It's safe. It might dry out your hair a bit, but if you deep condition it'll be fine.

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by Coach_girl on 6/30/2009 8:43:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I'm really scared to try this lemon juice thing becuase I've heard online that if you have brown hair and put lemon juice in it, it will turn ORANGE! I'm terrified also that it will be really dry because a lot of people have complained about this happening! help! is this true? and will it eve be effective on brown hair?

Hey babe,

It can definitely dry out your hair if you're not careful, but if you use a deep conditioner that won't be a problem. I haven't heard it doing anything weird to brown hair, but if you're worried about it try it out on the bottom of your hair in a small spot and see what happens. If it looks bad you can easily hide it!

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by heyitsd1ana on 6/26/2009 4:37:00 PM

if you get professional highlights, then they will be fine if they are done correctly, they don't damage your hair!!

by soccerkicks97 on 6/25/2009 10:51:49 AM

****MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD****
i have rich, chocolate brown hair. i actually love it, alot and i was thinking about hihlights. i could probly get my mom to let me get it highlighted, but there is something holding me back. do u think that the lemon juice will work with my hair? my mom wont let me use sun-in cuz she said it damages ur hair. wil lemon juice turn it reddish?? thnx ~SAM <3 <3 <3

Hey girl, there aren't any guarantees, but in many cases it works very well so if you're looking for a new style, you should try it! <3 Jeannie
Jeannie L.

by FutureMrs.Jonas95 on 6/24/2009 1:30:23 PM

~~MOD~~ if u dont hav lemon can u use lime? thanks a bunch!

A lime won't have the same high-lighting effect but it sure will make your hair smell yummy!

Brooke E.

by Ice_Sk8er on 6/24/2009 10:27:06 AM

MOD MOD MOD for the highlight thing with lemon juice i was wondering if it atractts beez? I am deathly afraid of them and don't want to get stung. If beez are attracted to the juice what can i use to keep them away?

it shouldn't attract bees! at least, i hope it doesn't Smile

by bajey on 6/21/2009 4:30:33 PM

Does the lemon juice thing work well?
Anyone please tell me!

by CreativeCutie on 6/19/2009 8:32:27 PM

Hey Babes, I would post this on your profile and not all over the site. Once or twice is enough, ok?  Smile xo Annemarie
Annemarie D.

by addi on 6/19/2009 6:41:33 PM

hmmm.... sound interesting i might try it for when i go back to skoolill impress my crush like krazy

by lizbizz on 6/18/2009 9:22:18 PM

would that work for black hair?

by YeeSteph on 6/18/2009 4:32:12 PM

i did the lemon juice thing with my friend when we went on vacation. it works really well! if your crunched for time, you can use a blowdryer on high heat, but remember to condition well if you do because it is very drying

by shoofler on 6/17/2009 11:08:38 PM

thnx cara!!!

by gtyjsrock on 6/17/2009 10:36:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
i have a heart shaped face. currently i have a little past my shoulders hardo with the shortest layer at my chin. ive been wanting to grow it out but now i think i want to cut it. i am a cheerleader so i still need to pull it up into a pony. do you think something like selena gomez's new haircut would work or what do you suggest?
xox
gtyjsrock

Hey Girl, that would prob look super cute, so go for it! *Cara T*
Cara T.

by gtyjsrock on 6/17/2009 10:29:46 PM

MOD!!!
Could you use real lemons and squeeze it (sry its kinda a stupid question) & does the lemon juice highlights work for hair of different races? THANKS TONS

Hey girl, it really depends on the person's hair, but ir you really want it, try it and let other people know what happened! I'm sure there are other girls dying to know! <3 Jeannie
Jeannie L.

by zany94 on 6/17/2009 5:40:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD Does the lemon/water mixture work on died hair (I died my hair black)?

Hey girl, it depends on each and every person so I can't guarantee you anything but you should definitely try it if you like it! <3 Jeannie
Jeannie L.

by iLiVe4fuN on 6/17/2009 2:22:24 PM

**MOD**
ppl r commenting that the lemon juice does not work on reallie dark hair but i wanna kno for suree . does it ? oh and where can yooh get this Sun-in stuff ? thx .

Hey babe, I'm not positive but I doubt it would work well. Drug stores like Walgreens, CVS or Wal-Mart would sell Sun-In and similar products.
katelin s.

by sweetheart2014 on 6/16/2009 11:40:50 PM

MOD!
My hair is really really dark brown, would it work with it?

Hey babe, maybe golden or redish highlights.
katelin s.

by Vivi on 6/16/2009 10:17:22 PM

My mom highlighted my hair from a box, and it turned out good. then we touched them up again, and i messed them up Tong so we had to go to the salon to get them fixed.

by flip-flop_diva on 6/16/2009 9:08:18 PM

*MOD* i think i want to try the lemon highlights,but my hair is really dark brown and my mom says my hair will probably bleach into a brassy color instead of light brown. and also, if you spray it all over your hair, wont all of your hair get lightened? i would prefer to get highlights, not bleach all my hair. i might just put streaks of lemon in my hair, but im afraid the highlights will look to chunky and unnatural. has anyone tried this? thanx Laughing

Hey Girl, I'm with your mom. The acid in the lemon could make your hair really brassy. I would try one really small piece of hair first and see how you like it. xo Annemarie
Annemarie D.

by happpiegoluckie on 6/16/2009 7:32:24 PM

***MOD MOD MOD MOD**** something weird happened to my comment... its up there, but my thing was to long and the **mod** disappeared... could a moderater answer my question, its just a few comments above. thanx Laughing

Hey Girl, Could you resend the comment? Thanks! xo Annemarie
Annemarie D.

by happpiegoluckie on 6/16/2009 6:35:15 PM

MODERATOR! ** MOD!
For the lemon thing, is it very noticable? I just want some really light subtle highlights in my hair. And how can you tell if it is in all of your hair , cause I don't want it to be patchy...and the salon is too expensive. Thanks so much!

Hey Girl, This is totally not a reliable way to color, it's just a fun temp thing. If you want something more stable, go to a salon! xo Annemarie
Annemarie D.

by Aero14 on 6/16/2009 6:22:44 PM

Hey Mod or Girls -
I know it says don't go 2 shades lighter than your hair. But mine is really dark and it naturally has auburn and gold highlights would it look weird to accentuate those?

Hey girlie,

If your hair has those highlights naturally, it would look great to accentuate them! Happy styling...

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by tapdancer47 on 6/16/2009 3:55:46 PM

K, thank you!

by ces_1996 on 6/16/2009 3:08:16 PM

~* MOD *~
Hey Mod! I was just wondering if you could use lemonade instead of lemon juice and water. I hope this wasn't a stupid question, but we don't have any lemon juice at my house, but we do have lemonade! Thank you!!! :]

Hey girl,

Lemonade has sugar in it that will make your hair sticky. Next time your mom goes shopping, ask her to pick up some lemons or some lemon juice!

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by ces_1996 on 6/16/2009 3:02:10 PM

im gonna try it with the lemons instead! i already have some natural highlights, so i figure they'll look amazing!

by shellster128 on 6/16/2009 8:51:18 AM

Hey! I read the lemon juice thing in my latest GL. I just started it like 10 minutes ago! Does your hair acctually get hilights, or does the lemon juice just make it loook lighter? Will it look lighter after I stop?

by Julia P. on 6/16/2009 12:01:32 AM

Mod- I totally want highlights for my hair (like a natural look) but I can't afford to ge them done at the salon. Especially if I'm doing it every 3-8 weeks. What is a good product to go with for just thin light blonde highlights?

by jen on 6/15/2009 10:17:27 PM

hey i wanna try the lemon highlight thing, but my hair is really dark brown and my mom says it will probably bleach into a brassy color rather than a lighter brown. plus, if you spray it all over your hair, wont all of your hair get bleached/lightened? i just want highlights, not hair that is completely lightened. i might just put streaks of lemon-water in my hair, but then im afraid i'd get giant chunky highlights. i would like highlights, but i want them to look natural and i would like to know what color they might be before bleaching my hair. i think id be ok with brassy orange highlights, but as long as they go with the movement of my hair and arent so chunky, and i dont want all of my hair to be lightened. please help!!! Katie P.

by happpiegoluckie on 6/15/2009 10:04:27 PM

I've been thinking about getting my brown hair highlight with a lighter color, and a red streak.

by *~Camera!Candy~* on 6/15/2009 10:01:42 PM

I've also heard that you can use tea bags (not sure what kind), to get red-ish streaks in your hair... I'm totally going to do that this summer.

by Lexy5 on 6/15/2009 8:17:14 PM

I REALLY want blonde highlights. I'll try lemon juice. Tong

by gladiator*girl on 6/15/2009 7:59:42 PM

MOD- please help. ok. so, i have blonde hair, like dirty blonde. and my eyebrows are like brown. i want my eyebrows to be blonder to match my hair so it looks right. do youu think that the lemon juice thing will work on eyebrows? also how long do youu have to sit in the sun for it to activate your hair or possible eyebrows? well. thanks ahead of time!

Hey Girl, it takes one-two hours to see a differnce, and it may work on your eyebrows, i dont see why it wouldnt actually. *Cara T*

Cara T.

by volleyballer27 on 6/15/2009 7:03:09 PM

coolio!!!! my mom won't let me get REAL highlights but she will totally let me use lemon juice and water!!!!! thnx!!!!!

by emerald-girl18 on 6/15/2009 4:22:04 PM

MOD! my mom said i could get highlights when i'm 15 or 16 and i want to get a head start on wat color my highlights will be. i have really dark brown hair that kinda look black then when i go in the sun it's dark brown. so wat color will be nice for that kind or hair?

It completely is up to you!  Since your hair is naturally dark, why not go for a lighter look much like the dark brown locks that comes out in the summer time?  Lighter hair is really in right now so check it out but be true to yourself and to what YOU want!

Brooke E.

by OMGitsalala on 6/15/2009 11:03:31 AM

MOD- We're out of lemon juice, would key lime juice work?

Hmm, it probably won't have the same effect but try it!  You never know...

Brooke E.

by em813 on 6/15/2009 10:13:50 AM

***MOD*** I was wonder if the lemon juice thing will work in my hair , I dyed it like 2 months ago and it`s growing out , but will the lemon juice work still?

Yes, the lemon juice will definitly make it lighter as well as lighten up the color that is growing out.  However, don't be suprised as the newly grown hair doesn't get AS light as it was when you dyed it.  Although lemon juice can work wonders, it is not nearly as strong as the chemicals in hair dye.

Brooke E.

by Sunshine_425 on 6/15/2009 10:11:11 AM

hey grrls! do u wanna be in the FUTURE MODEL KLUB???? if so, leave a comment on my profile! follow the rules and have fun!
xoxo,
FutureModelprincess_peach_98

by princess_peach_98 on 6/14/2009 8:27:36 PM

do you really think the lemon juice thing will work for blackish brownish hair mod?!?!?!

by Gemi*84 on 6/14/2009 5:07:45 PM

im gonna ask my mom if i can dye my hair dark brown for the begining of school! i guess thats still a ways a way....hmm....

by vana903 on 6/14/2009 4:35:09 PM

Love Adam Lambert?

Join GL club Glambazon!!!

Chat about Adam (keep it clean and respectful of Adam and others)

See what he's up to with updates

Take polls and surveys

Comment on my pro and say u want to join

Will post ur offical glambazon # (first comments get 1st # so hurry.)

Look at the comments in my pro for all the fun.

Please join!!!!

Glambazon manager

by readerhi1234 on 6/14/2009 2:45:56 PM

MOD!!!
A lot of people have asked this question, but I haven't seen an answer. Does the lemon dye thing work on black hair? And if not, what would look good on curly, medium length black hair?

Hey Girl, it may lighten it a little but prob not much. *Cara T*
Cara T.

by puppyluvsandy on 6/14/2009 2:37:18 PM

Oooo! I might try it!

by thatonegirl246 on 6/14/2009 2:20:42 PM

Mod-
What would happen it i won the contest? Would they just send it to me? And would my parents have to pay anything? Because i already entered and if i did win they would be furious to pay money for it!
Thanks!
God bless~

Hey Girl, if you win , you will first get an email from GL with all the details! *Cara T*
Cara T.

by me girl on 6/14/2009 2:16:32 PM

OOH! i am totally going to try the lemon juice one. my mom doesn't want me to get real highlights and i already kind of have some so this will be perfect.

by volleychick879 on 6/14/2009 1:51:08 PM

imma try the lemon juice thing!

by so_she_told_me... on 6/14/2009 1:19:20 PM

superhannah-
i wouldd say justt get highlights from the store. they come as cheap as 5 bucks and have step-by-step instructions. usually, they'll last longer than lemon juice, too. i have the same color hair as you and blonde highlights seriouslyy look REALLY cute with any hairstyle, even if you do them yourself(i do).<3

FMNgirl-
okay i would totallly suggest any book by Sarah Dessen. she is an amazing author for young adults and the books are all romance novels(: she's really good. it's not just romance either, what makes it unique is that her books have ahlot of life lessons and things to live by. so i'd checkk her out(:

by mandapandagurl13 on 6/14/2009 1:04:41 PM

The only thing the lemon juice thing did for me was make my hair sticky...

by elizagurl on 6/14/2009 12:56:53 PM

MOD-MOD
Hey, I recently cut my hair into a shorter style (A-symmetrical that reaches my collar bone) and it looks great when it is blow dried & straightened, since I have wavy/curly hair, and once I wash it, it becomes wavy/curly and also poofy. I know that straightening it all the time will damage my hair, and so I don't want to do that. Are there any hair products (like shampoo, conditioner or hair cream) that might help me enjoy my haircut with my natural hair?
Thankyou :]

Hey girl, it sounds like we have a similar hair cut! I've got curly hair, too, and it can be really hard to work with sometimes. You're totally right about straightening - that can fry your hair and dry it out. Give it a break and wear it natural! Condition it often, though. If you're stuck at home with nothing to do, put a lot of conditioner in your hair and leave it in for thirty minutes or so. When you wash it out, your hair will feel super soft! Be good to your hair, and it'll look great. ~Alexa
alexa e.

by daad13 on 6/14/2009 12:41:26 PM

i do the lemon juice... it doesn't really
fade though it rocks!

by twilightgirl/taylorfan on 6/14/2009 12:24:36 PM

MOD- ok, so about the lemon thingy.....
will it affect my already natural highlights? cuz I want my hair lighter, but I still want my natural highlights! Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help!!!!!! (I made this comment yesterday and nobody answered it.. Frown... ) thx!!!!!

Hey girl, the only way it would affect them is by making them a lil' lighter, too. They'll still be distinguishable from your regular hair color as highlights, so no worries, chicky! ~Alexa
alexa e.

by gabster08 on 6/14/2009 11:50:54 AM

MODMODMOD
Does the lemon juice thing work on black hair????
thx

Hey girl, the lemon juice might not work as well on darker hair, although sometimes a really subtle highlight can be seen. ~Alexa
alexa e.

by ds271130 on 6/14/2009 11:44:18 AM

Im planning on getting BOLD highlights. Like probably a blue or hot pink streak only across my side bangs. Kinda like Adam Lamberts. But probably in Pinkk.

by Twilight_Love_Fanpire01 on 6/14/2009 11:25:02 AM

hey mod from the comments above it sounds like the lemon juice works well...have you ever tried it?

Hey girl, lemon juice works, especially if you already have light hair. I have dirty blonde locks so it shows up nicely, but if you have darker hair, it might not work as well. ~Alexa
alexa e.

by soccerhottie45 on 6/14/2009 11:21:59 AM

***MOD***
Does the lemon juice bring out natural hair color, or just adds highlites cuz my dad says I cant get highlites and I don't wannna get in trouble?

Hey girl, using lemon juice is a great way to get subtle highlights. Mix lemon juice with water in a spray bottle and spray your unwashed hair. Lay out in the sun for a little while with a good book or your iPod, and when you're done, wash it out. If you do this a couple times you'll start noticing some nice lil' highlights! It'll look totally natural and it won't damage your hair, either. ~Alexa
alexa e.

by frostinggirl on 6/14/2009 10:44:05 AM

Come to my profile!!! There's a contest!!

Hope to see ya there!!!

Smile

by soccer28q on 6/14/2009 8:07:04 AM

Mod-
I went to sunsplash and even thogh I kept on putting used to geting sunscreen on and reapplying I still managed to get my face, back, and shoulders sun brunt.
I really wanted to stay fair skinned cause I get a tan after the burn goes away. The burn hurts of course so what do I do to get rid of it or take care of it?
-thanks]

Hey babes, Keep applying aloe, it'll help to sooth it and hopefully from peeling.  XoLori

lori S.

by lovemenot on 6/14/2009 1:01:24 AM

*MOD*MOD*
okay i have really really, and i mean really dark brown hair. alot of people mistake it for black! anyway i was thinking about getting purple highlights and i was wondering if you would have any advice of what shade of purple i should get. help!

Hey babes, You should probably get it done in a hair salon.  They know how to correctly apply the highlights, especially for dark hair (thats really tough).  It depends on the look you're going for, more of a bright purple looks great though.  XO Lori

lori S.

by randomrachel3223 on 6/14/2009 12:37:10 AM

thanks MOD!!!

by justlisten123 on 6/14/2009 12:32:17 AM

Mod? Please answer this! I'm going to break up w/ my BF and I won't see him over ths summer. I can't exactly invite him over to break up w/ him so do you think it would be okay to call him to break up w/ him?
PLEASE ANSWER!
THanks! Smile

Hey babes, Yea thats totally fine.  XOLori

lori S.

by smsdance on 6/13/2009 10:53:29 PM

hiiiiii

by lovepugs on 6/13/2009 10:40:08 PM

lemon juice. hmm that sounds lyk a good idea! I'm so gonna try! But my mom wud freak if she saw me putting lemon juice in my hair.

by volley♥it! on 6/13/2009 10:19:20 PM

***MOD****PLEASE****HELP****
ok so this guy a few months ago really liked me but my friend told him i didnt. now hes going out with my friend and i really like him but hardly see him at all cuz of summer. do you think its worth it to text him that i like him? THX!

Hey babes, If he's dating your friend I don't think it's a good idea to break the news.  Wait until they aren't dating and give it some time so you don't hurt your friend of the guys.  XO Lori

lori S.

by haleebop on 6/13/2009 10:15:39 PM

I think I might do this. I am going to camp next week and I am out in the sun like ALL day so this hould work nicely.

by pupellie on 6/13/2009 9:54:47 PM

Highlights r OK. I don't really want them, but that is good advice. Smile

by ShopperSoccerGurl on 6/13/2009 9:39:00 PM

I usually just put lemon in my hair, it makes it blonder Smile
-Olivia♥♥♥

by olivia13 on 6/13/2009 9:24:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD-
Hey i want to do the lemon juice thing but does it work for dark brown/black hair??? because if i do it, i want to look good, not like a lemon head!!!

i understand the lemon head concern! try out just a little piece of hair first, as a tester. then if you like it, you can do more!

by popperpoppy on 6/13/2009 8:50:17 PM

my mom says the SunIn stuff looks really fake but im gonna try the lemon juice.

by chai.on.life on 6/13/2009 8:42:31 PM

Thanx sooooooooo much for the tip! I'm so spraying my hair with lemon juice and water.

by helenrox on 6/13/2009 8:04:43 PM

MOD
on the lemon juice think how long do you have to be in the sun? will it work if ur not in the sun?

it will only work if you sit in the sun--try sitting for an hour or so a day at least, use the time to read a magazine or book!

by willbskinny on 6/13/2009 8:01:49 PM

**MOD***
Would the lemon highlights work on black african american hair?

maybe not as easily, but it's worth a try!!

by JustAnotherDay on 6/13/2009 7:29:43 PM

MOD!!!
What would be a good long hairstyle for someone with curly and i mean curly hair???

hmm, howabout a cute side ponytail?!

by SarahKay3397 on 6/13/2009 7:21:00 PM

omg stignersgirl i heart that too! and im totally gonna try the lemon juice...ive been wanting highlighters but mom wont let me so...

by dncr4evr on 6/13/2009 7:16:01 PM

hey girlies i am writing this to tell you about this new band i just learned about. they are called never shout never. they are so good! and they are really catchy songs. so anyway check out my profile and leave comments and i give advice on anything! on music, TV, movies, friends, boys, fashion and anything else you might need help with

God bless

by summerlover0116 on 6/13/2009 7:12:12 PM

HOW DO I GET TAYLOR SWIFT'S HAIR?I HAVE MEDIUM LENGTH BROWN HAIR

by emma333 on 6/13/2009 7:09:41 PM

***MOD***
4 back 2 school shopping what r some cool extras i can get? ( iknow im planing early Smile) \THNX A TOONNN!!

Look around on the GL.com style pages for some GREAT fashion tips and extras ideas!!

by Elysee101 on 6/13/2009 6:58:52 PM

***MOD***
when will the new girls life magazine come out? THNX A TON!

Look out for the August/September issue soon!! If you want to ask a specific question, check out this site: http://www.girlslife.com/page/contact.aspx

by Elysee101 on 6/13/2009 6:56:21 PM

MOD!!!!!!!!!
If you do the lemon juice thing can you use lemon juice from the bottle the people use for cooking?

Of course, but make sure it's okay with your mom or dad (or whoever cooks) to be using it, first!

by chai.on.life on 6/13/2009 6:43:27 PM

Mod!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have any ideas on how to lighten all of your hair naturally, not just highlights? Thanks!

Lemon juice, and LOTS of sun! Smile

by emma333 on 6/13/2009 6:42:28 PM

****MOD****
I'm thinking about getting highlights this summer, and I have black hair. do you think that auburn highlights and golden lowlights would look good with black hair?

i think that sounds great!!

by hulagirl101 on 6/13/2009 6:38:51 PM

y isn't my comment here?

by emma333 on 6/13/2009 6:32:31 PM

mod- how long will the lemon juice thing take to fade? a week to a month or more?

I'm not exactly sure, but I think about a month or so.

by kjxl415 on 6/13/2009 6:31:55 PM

**MOD MOD**
ok.!
would the lemon tihngy work on dark brown hair.? Also, Im going to the mall next friday & im thinking of already getting some of my new wardrobe for high school. What are some good stores[[not expensive]] that i can go shopping.? What are some good stores that sell cheap but pretty dress.?
Thank Yous & Love Yous.!

the lemon juice will work differently for all hair styles and colors, but try it out! ask your mom and your friends to see if they have any ideas about great stories in your area. Good luck!

by peace-love on 6/13/2009 6:31:19 PM

-----MOD-----
Do you have any ideas of how you can change up your wardrobe? I have a lot of stuff but I don't know how to mix up my outfits. Also, do you have any ideas of anything I could buy that would go with anything and would expand my wardrobe a bit?

check out the GL.com style pages for some GREAT ideas!! good luck Smile

by Sadulin4495 on 6/13/2009 6:27:40 PM

Haha the first time I got highlights in my hair I got bright pink. It worked out really well and looked amazing. Smile

by soccerkitty13 on 6/13/2009 6:23:45 PM

ummmm for dark hair yuu should tru cherries the jucie it really work i also have purple highlites

by babynina2467 on 6/13/2009 6:15:07 PM

i got high-lites last year. they're okay and everybody complimented me on them.

by shopper_babe on 6/13/2009 6:05:17 PM

***MOD****
i just read someones comment that the lemon jucie would make ur hair kinda orange! so how much lemon jucie should i use? i have meduim brown hair. THNX!

try only a little bit first--you can never go wrong starting slow!

by Elysee101 on 6/13/2009 5:50:44 PM

***MOD***
i got a mosterizer that also makes u tanner. do i put it on after my shower? and u know the wave (its a face cleanser) does it really work? THNX A TON!

i haven't heard of the wave--but it sounds interesting! and tanning moisturizers should always go on after a shower, but let it dry before getting dressed so you don't stain your clothes!

by Elysee101 on 6/13/2009 5:49:06 PM

MOD- i just looked uo the lemon juice hoghlight thing and it said that if its used on dark brown hair itll look orange. do really think i can turn almost black hair(like mine) and change the color THAT much??

it alll depends on how much juice you use and how long you're in the sun. but it probably won't be tooooo drastic. good luck!

by lara-jane! on 6/13/2009 5:45:17 PM

Ok, who here thinks Mitchell Musso is totally fake and is way full of himself? Normally I hate comments that bash celebs (even if I agree) but I want to know if it is just me or if others get the same vibe.

by fresh2deth on 6/13/2009 5:20:12 PM

MOD-Katie, well i already read twilight series.. but the author sounds cool. wat books of his do u recommend??? have u read the disreputable history of Frankie Landau-Banks??? if so, wuz it good???? i also like romances (historical, current whatev as long as thyre not cheesy) and mysteries (like the da vinci code)
sry this is long!!!!!

then I think you'll LOVE the book about Frankie--I did!

by FMNgirl on 6/13/2009 5:19:58 PM

please awenser my qustion MOD MOD MOD

by sportschick596 on 6/13/2009 5:11:09 PM

**********MOD PLZ ANSWER!!!*******************
Okay so for 7th grade I want not quite meduim but not super light brown hi-lights and low lights would that look good on really dirty blonde hair? (no not the dirty like not clean LOLZ!)

i think it would look great! as long as all the colors are around the same tone (close-ish to dirty blonde), a little variety alwasy looks good

by Lil'MissHollywood69 on 6/13/2009 5:00:38 PM

****MOD****
okay, i was reading about lemon juice highlights online, and it recomended daily conditioning to keep the highlights looking healthy. i have really oily hair, so if i use conditioner of shae butter or anything like that, my hair looks really bad. What am i supposed to do?

Try a conditioner that meant for colored hair--it will keep your highlights looking great and shouldn't be too oily Smile

by acecream on 6/13/2009 4:57:34 PM

MOD-im goin 2 camp next week and i really wanna get sum good reads. im just gonna buy the books cuz i have a gift card. i looked on this site but ive read wat wuz suggested. i dont wanna read like a cheesy teen romance. i dont mind challenging things and would luv 2 read a REALLY good book. any suggestions???
thanx!!!!

Well what kinds of books do you like?? I am a total bookworm--my favorites lately have been the Twilight Series, and books by an author named E. Lockhart. Good luck! Let me know if you like them Smile

~katiep

by FMNgirl on 6/13/2009 4:57:26 PM

Girls:
if you have dark brown hair and think that lemon juice wont work: I have a solution
Over spring break i mixed the lemon juice combination with lemon Sun-In... and IT WORKED!!! My hair is much lighter now and i have the most beautiful highlight in my hair! AND it looks ttly natural! It has stayed for 3 entire months and isn't fading one bit. I AM SERIOUS IT WORKS!! Smile

by starhusky on 6/13/2009 4:54:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm trying to make a babysitting job. and I'm making a "business card". What should i put on it? And I think it would be a good idea to be CPR certified....right? Thanks!

Yeah Girl, and say you energetic and have great game or craft ideas. *Cara T*
Cara T.

by pinksocca95 on 6/13/2009 4:34:29 PM

I think I shall try lemon juice like everyone else! Laughing When it finally gets hot and not annoying!

by GymnastDancer on 6/13/2009 4:18:55 PM

okay i disagree about the shades of highlights. i have brown hair and i got platinum blonde highlights and after a week they looked really natural and good. its been 4 months and i still have them and they're still noticeable.
Any more ?'s on highlights you can ask me!
comment my profile!

by soccerkate1715 on 6/13/2009 4:02:17 PM

omg! im totally gonna do the lemon and water spray thing!!! i already have sorta noticable natural highlights and have been thinkin bout gettin sum put it but the lemon juice is a *MUCH* better option!!!

thx gl!

by this♥little♥girl on 6/13/2009 3:56:54 PM

cool

by Photochickie on 6/13/2009 3:51:36 PM

i hav blonde highlites
they came out great
it almost looked like my hair is blonde

by ladygryffindor on 6/13/2009 3:32:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
this has nothing to do w/ highlights but i need advice. i just graduated from middle school and my guy friend who i really like is going to a different high school. we promised to hang out this summer but do u think its worth it??? i like him as more then a friend but i dont think he feels the same way. is it worth it to hang out with him and try to make him interested if were not even going to the same school??? i really like him tho

Hey Girl, I think you should! You never know what can come of it an you can still see each other on weekends when school starts! **Cara T*
Cara T.

by justlisten123 on 6/13/2009 3:31:00 PM

Thank you MOD!

by allie cat on 6/13/2009 2:57:38 PM

MOD***
I have shoulder length red hair and want to make it a little different for summer. i dont think highlights would look good in my hair. (and the lemon juice wont work anyways) Any advice??

Hey girl, why dont you try a cute short cut or add some bangs?! *Cara T*
Cara T.

by icepanda23 on 6/13/2009 2:46:56 PM

*********MOD************
if you use the lemon juice, will the color just fade away instead of grow out?

Yeah Girl, because its not actually a dye. *Cara T*
Cara T.

by chipofftheol'blockhead :] on 6/13/2009 2:42:34 PM

one of my friends has purple highlights and another one has hot pink.. idk what color I want- I just want abold color

by cliquecrazy on 6/13/2009 2:39:45 PM

omg i love this!!! ♥
(i got it from littlemiss139)

GIRL:What's wrong?
BOY: I like her so much.
GIRL: Talk to her.
BOY: I don't know. She wont even like me.
GIRL: Don't say that. You're amazing.
BOY:I just want her to know how I feel.
GIRL:Then tell her.
BOY: She wont like me.
GIRL: How do you know that?
BOY: I can just tell.
GIRL: Well just tell her.
BOY: What should I say?
GIRL: Tell her how much you like her.
BOY: I tell her that daily.
GIRL: What do you mean?
BOY: I'm always with her. I love her.
GIRL: I know how you feel. I have the same problem. But he'll never like me.
BOY: Wait. Who do you like?
GIRL: Oh some boy.
BOY:Oh... she won't like me either.
GIRL: She does.
BOY: How do you know?
GIRL: Because, who wouldn't like you?
BOY: You.
GIRL: You're wrong, I love you.
BOY: I love you too.
GIRL: So are you going to talk to her?
BOY: I just did.

by stingersgirl26 on 6/13/2009 2:26:40 PM

MODDDD-also.i have bags under my eyes after i wear mascara, should i stop wearing makeup? what should i do toget ridofit. and i do sleep and thts not the problem, impretty sure.

Hey Girl, just make sure to wash all of your makeup off every night before you go to sleep. *Cara T*
Cara T.

by ZUMIE PENGUINS<3edward♥ on 6/13/2009 1:54:44 PM

MOOOODDDD-
1)Should i change for a boy in highschool?(iveknown him for like 3-5 years,vaugeely)
2)my hair is a bigpoofball when it air drys, what shouldi do abt this?
3)my dad'sa smoker, how do i tell him to stop?

Hey Girl, no you should never change for anyone! Just be you girl!...Try using an anti frizz serum or flat iron your hair... and tell your dad you want him to be around in the future for you! *Cara T*
Cara T.

by ZUMIE PENGUINS<3edward♥ on 6/13/2009 1:53:18 PM

hey, my mom's a hairdresser!

by hyperpuppy on 6/13/2009 1:42:14 PM

I have natural already in my hair with nothing needed to put em in highlights. Blonde and Blonder!!

by stylechic21 on 6/13/2009 1:36:17 PM

I dyed my hair out of the box and it turned out great! I have highlights with that! Don't be afraid to try it out of the box! If you use natural instincts you can't go wrong and its SOOOOO much cheaper!

by treehugger74 on 6/13/2009 12:53:09 PM

MOD***or GIRLS that give advice***

do u know if the lemon juice highlights will work on dark-ish brown hair? because i really wanted to try it, but usually in the summer, my hair turns almost reddish on the top. thankies!

by superhannah on 6/13/2009 12:22:00 PM

i don't like highlights as much as i used to

by gigglemaster12 on 6/13/2009 11:53:38 AM

MOD!!!
I know that you guys always come up with cool awesome hair styles for people with somewhat longer hair, and I was wondering what would be some cute hairstyles for people with shorter hair(it has a lot of layers, and it's very hard to put up!)

Hey girl,

We'll def keep that in mind Smile
Caitlin R.

by allie cat on 6/13/2009 11:44:16 AM

***MOD***
when u do lemon juice how long does it last? like a week? does it just fade out? THNX!

Hey girl,

I think it fades out eventually!
Caitlin R.

by Elysee101 on 6/13/2009 11:28:59 AM

i have really short layer hair

hey girls please check out my profile

by wednesday1408 on 6/13/2009 11:08:11 AM

I have natural blond highlights, but there not really noticible.

by horse*rider on 6/13/2009 11:01:22 AM

***MOD***
if u do the lemon juice highlights when will it come out? THNX

hey girl,

You might have to a wait a few mins to see results, so be patient!
Caitlin R.

by Elysee101 on 6/13/2009 10:56:12 AM

btw.... TODAY IS MY BDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile

YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Club GL prezzzz

by Club GL on 6/13/2009 10:54:05 AM

i have blue hi-lights....

CHE OUT CLUB GL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AUTOMATIC ENTRY 2 THE FIRST 4 GURLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Club GL on 6/13/2009 10:51:41 AM

i already have natural highlight in my hair from the sun lol but
******MOD MOD MOD*****
im gong 2 my friends diner party 2night and she said it was casual but her family tends 2 get kinda dressed but 4 these things and i think 3 other families that also tend 2 kinda dress up are invited as well. wat should i wear? thnx so much!

Hey girl,

Check out some of the dress stories in our Style section for inspiration. Wear a cute comfy sundress just jazz it up with sparkly accessories for an extra li'l something.
Caitlin R.

by hellokittyluvr on 6/13/2009 10:50:11 AM

1st comment?

by Bridgge2010 on 6/13/2009 10:38:38 AM

i highlighted my hair out of the box and it looks kinda yellowish so this time im going 2 try and convince my mom 2 take me 2 the salon.

check out my profile,thanx!

by iheartnickjobro on 6/13/2009 10:28:42 AM

I try to do the lemon juice thing but I have pretty dark brown hair and I hear it only works on lighter hair

by frostybunny9 on 6/13/2009 10:03:00 AM

sooo cool! im definitely doing that! do you think lemon juice would work on black hair? bc other ppl said it wouldnt.

and MOD???
what color should i get highlights for black hair?

oooh, and first comment?

by teedeexx on 6/13/2009 9:58:46 AM

I like the lemon idea. I have red hair so, I don't really need highlights.

by RenesmeeCL on 6/13/2009 9:57:33 AM

ewwww i hate highlights!!! they look so bad whether you go to a salon or DIY!!! its all ugly!!! my friend did hers at home and her hair is a ll patchy and this other girl went to a salon and her hair is stripes of color!!! ewwwww!!! i like the idea with the lemon juice!!! i have natural highlights and they are awesome!!!

by penguinfan on 6/13/2009 9:48:06 AM

OMG i might get highlights this summer so this is exactly what i needed! and i'll probably try that mix too, seems like it could work Smile

Check out my profile girls, and please leave a comment, thanks!

by SportyGal on 6/13/2009 9:40:36 AM

I'm going to try the lemon juice thing!

by SummerRox on 6/13/2009 9:40:30 AM

first comment? woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yea sounds cool

by dancer10196 on 6/13/2009 9:36:30 AM

cool! i'm glad theres advice on this! thanks!

by pugbarney on 6/13/2009 9:35:40 AM

thanks girlslife! i really want to get highlights but my mom told me that it damages your hair with all of the chemicals is that true? and if so is there a safer way to get your hair highlighted?

by yatou on 6/13/2009 9:34:15 AM

Cool! I'm going to do the lemon one.

by Nikkita on 6/13/2009 9:33:28 AM

my mom told me that highlighting your hair damages it because of the chemicals but i really want to highlight it. is it true?

by yatou on 6/13/2009 9:24:15 AM

thanks so much gl! this is super useful!!
firs comment?

CHECK OUT MY PROFILE! PLEASE COMMENT!!

by shoptillyadrop! on 6/13/2009 9:12:31 AM

My sisters always just us the lemon juice way it works really good.

by annaclare on 6/13/2009 9:04:55 AM

First comment!? cool. I have a question: Does the lemon juice method work for black hair???? check out my profile ladies, cuz I'm a Cancer Chica!!!!

by pearlnagem on 6/13/2009 9:03:40 AM

i do the lemon juice thing! works great!

by alexaprincess on 6/13/2009 8:58:29 AM

This is really cool! My brother used to use Sun In and he got some nice highlights.

by laramarie on 6/13/2009 8:48:04 AM

lol. i'm dying my hair with GRAPE kool-aid

by reggee on 6/13/2009 8:37:26 AM