1 HOURS AGO Because who doesn't want the recipe for the world's greatest carrot cake? http://t.co/7zWmJLIVHv

2 HOURS AGO 3 gotta-grab styles for spring: http://t.co/PTSdXbYKEd

3 HOURS AGO Boost ya game, girl! Here's how to ask a guy out on the sly: http://t.co/AS1N1ATW1Y

COMMENTS

How do I insert a tampon?

I can’t insert a tampon without it hurting. Is something wrong? How do I get it right? Tampons can be tricky at first, but they shouldn’t...

Mod!
Hey, as you can see from my previous comment, I started my period yesterday (but it was very, very light). Well, when I woke up, I didn't anymore. And for the rest of the day I didn't have it. I mean, I'm fine that I don't have it;) but I'm worried that something may be wrong. I've had my period for exactly one year and I know for a fact that I am NOT pregnant... Is this something I need to worry about?
Thank you!

Hey Carrie_Underwood, I don't think so. Periods can be irregular, and since yours was very light, you should be okay. No worries! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Carrie_Underwood on 8/18/2013 10:35:18 PM

Mod!
So I have to put in a tampon on Tuesday because I have a swimming field trip for school and I'm on my period (started today)! I've researched on it and I'm pretty confident about trying it tomorrow (my flow will be heavier) but the only thing I'm unsure about is where to put it. Yeah it'll be awkward for you to explain but I'm desperate! And also how often do I need to change it (I'm gonna use the tampax light tampon for the first time!) thank you so much!

hey! You change them every 4 to 6 hours depending on your flow. follow these steps. 1) Sit on the toilet, or stand in front of it with one foot on the floor and one on the toilet seat. 2) Toss the wrapper (duh!), and put the rounded tip against your vaginal opening. With your forefinger on the plunger (the end point downward) and your middle finger and thumb on the upper part of the applicator, gently push the tampon inside your body, aiming toward the small of your back. Once you’ve pushed the inner tube all the way into the out tube—this pushes the cottony absorbent part into the perfect spot—withdraw both tubes, leaving the string hanging outside your body.

A few more tips: It’s easiest to insert a tampon when your flow is heaviest, like the first three days of your period, because you’re more lubricated. You may want to use pads on lighter days. Or try and over-the-counter vaginal lubricant—K-Y Jelly is a brand doctors recommend—on the end of the tampon before insertion. This is a safe way to make the whole process slicker. Once you’ve got it in right, you shouldn’t feel a thing!

Helen S.

by Carrie_Underwood on 8/17/2013 1:55:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Please Help!!!!!
So I started using tampons, and they were fine, I had no problem with them. But this month, I seem to put them in okay, but it hurts A LOT when I take them out! I don't know what's wrong! Am I putting them in wrong?

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could try a
smaller absorbency tampon and change them more often, and see if that helps. If
not, I would talk to your mom or doc so they can help you get the hang of it!

Meghan D.

by Sophie1999 on 8/1/2013 10:53:44 PM

So I have a question about inserting it. How do you insert it if your bleeding? Doesn't it just get messy and stuff? Also I am really nervous about using one so any tips?

by Renee_Marie on 7/18/2013 1:41:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

I'm read this and I'm still really scared. What is the vaginal opening? And I don't get the whole withdraw both tubes thing.thanks

Hey girl! Both tubes means simply taking out the tampon
applicator after you’re done- there’s two parts, the plunger, and the part
which inserts into your vagina first. Your vaginal opening is the hole, or
opening, where your pee comes out of- and where the tampon should go.

Melissa T.

by Juliacar on 7/11/2013 3:07:05 PM

I am going to send my friend the link to this article. She is having trouble inserting tampons and says she has to use only pads because they never go in.
I think wikihow.com also has a great information and I know there are blogs on our periods that go over it to. And she hinted about dryness so the vaginal lubricant may be what she needs to start using them.

by fashionqn on 1/20/2013 1:22:18 AM

I just attempted to put in a tampon. I would not go in. What did I do wrong? I put my fingers where they supposed to go and I placed the tampon in the right place. When I pushed it to try to make it go in, it refused. I feel like I failed because it wouldn't go in. Please help.

by Originally Unique on 1/2/2013 6:24:24 PM

Okie so I've never used a tampon before because I was always afraid and everywhere I read they always made it seem so complicated, but this made it sound soo easy and I actually did it. I wore my first tampon yesterday, THANKZ GL, but it didn't really work i don't know why I inserted it at midnight and i went to sleep, but when I got up in the morning I was covered in blood. The tampon didn't soak it up, i don't get it. So in the morning I tried something different, I wore a pad under the tampon to see just how much blood was leaking out and the tampon isn't really doing it's job. Why's that?

Hey girl,

You are probably sleeping for longer than your tampon can hold. I would either wear pads at night or make sure you are using a tampon that is specifically for overnights.

Meghan D.

by pookiebarr on 11/2/2012 10:57:17 PM

that's pretty weird. A guy wrote a book about a teenage girl's body?

by kpianoplayer on 10/4/2012 4:23:10 PM

I've had my period for a couple years now, but I want to do sports and I think it's time to switch to tampons! But, I've tried a countless number of times and it just won't go in. I've probably wasted around ten of them so far. Also I've done A LOT OF RESEARCH, so I'm pretty sure I know the drill. I can't ask my mom either because she never got tampons to work for her. She tells me I should just give up trying to use tampons. :'( Someone please help me...

by absolutelyclueless on 9/10/2012 2:03:02 AM