11 HOURS AGO Anna & Elsa are servin' up some major hairspo! #PrincessStat: http://t.co/dQpwHoErKm

14 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

15 HOURS AGO Color-changing nail polish just may be the coolest thing ever: http://t.co/sJVrKrDBFm

COMMENTS

How do I insert a tampon?

I can’t insert a tampon without it hurting. Is something wrong? How do I get it right? Tampons can be tricky at first, but they shouldn’t...

I just inserted a tampon for the first time. (This is a big deal.) It took a while because I was so scared, but now it's sooooo comfortable. But now I need tips on taking it out. I'm kinda nervous. And also, I did it lying down on my bed, but I want to be able to do it at school, too. So how do you take a tampon out, and what position should I be in to insert a tampon standing up?

Hey chica! Just tug on the string when you need to take it out.  It will feel uncomfortable, but if you pull hard and quick (like a band-aid!) you'll be fine.  And next time, try it while you are sitting down (that's how most people do it).  That way you can do it in the bathroom at school! Most tampon packs have instructions if you need more help. xoxo

Kate G.

by cali princess on 8/17/2012 1:46:01 AM

I've been on my period for around two years now and I've been too afraid to try using a tampon since the first time I had a bad experience, and i've always just used the pad, but now I want to start using a tampon and I tried earlier today but it hurt when I put it in, do you have any advice? please help me!!

Hey girl! Check out the tips in this article http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/007-Period-Advice.aspx

xxoo
Maggie P.

by girlproblems12345 on 8/9/2012 3:32:11 PM

I'm just a little freaked out right now, i've been having my period for around a year or two now and I have just been using the pads because the first time I put the tampon in it hurt and I didn't want to try again. I just tried again today and I still can't do it............ and I'm frustrated, do you have any advice, please help me!!!!

Hey girl! Check out this article for some help Smile http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/007-Period-Advice.aspx

xxoo
Maggie P.

by girlproblems12345 on 8/9/2012 3:28:07 PM

I use tampons and they don't hurt at all Smile just DON'T PRACTICE INSERTING THEM WHEN I ARE NOT ON YOUR PERIOD. Because when you pull it out it hurts a lot. It feels like your pulling out a suction cup from inside you.
Oh and thanks Kate g. My cramps and headaches are better <3

by swifty#1 on 8/3/2012 11:11:39 AM

Mod mod mod,
Help......... (I asked my mom and she helped me it was awkward but we got it in using lubricant :p)
I got the tampon in it kinda hurts now though idk why and now I have killer cramps to the point where I just lay down till they stop. And I have a REALLY BAD headache. What could I do to relieve the pain and why does my rampion hurt a little bit? I think I inserted it perfectly though....
-__-

Hey girl! I'm not sure why it feels awkward (it might feel better in a little while, so just wait a bit), but headaches and cramps can get better with a little bit of ibuprofen.  Ask your mom if you can have some.  If not, try drinking lots of water, putting on a heating pad, and taking a nap.  That's what always helps me! xoxo

Kate G.

by swifty#1 on 8/2/2012 12:52:06 PM

Mod mod mod
Hey, I was going to ask my mom about why the tampon won't to in, but I can't work up the courage to. Every time I go down stairs I think it's gonna be so awkward./.. Then I just end up going back to the bathroom and trying it myself. How do I convince myself that it's normal to an my mom about that? Thanks in advance <3

Hey girl! Your mom has had her period for a long time, so asking her questions about it is totally normal! You'd ask her questions about cooking a meal she's made 100 times, wouldn't you?  Part of being a mom is helping your daughter out with the kind of stuff she needs advice on, so your mom will be able to answer your question or help you out and it will be no big deal, I promise. xoxo

Kate G.

by swifty#1 on 8/2/2012 12:12:14 PM

Mod mod mod
(same one that answered my question last time)
Hi again Smile
I tried a couple of Times and I even tried opening my legs more and breathing out when I do it just like u told me too. It still won't go in so I wanna ask my mom but idk how because it's awkward........ Help) how do I ask her?

Hey girl! Get your mom alone (no need to have this convo in front of anyone else) and explain to her that your period is giving you a little bit of trouble.  If you just state the facts (you can't get a tampon in) and answer her questions, you'll feel better.  It might be awkward for a few minutes, but you'll feel better once the problem is resolved. Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by swifty#1 on 8/2/2012 11:22:00 AM

(the one that answered my question)
I've already waited I day I tried this last night and it wouldnt work I didn't really thinknmuch of it I just thought on well its probably because my flow is light. So I put on a pad. But this morning I tried again and it wouldn't work. I use tampax pearl lights the ones I always use. Have an idea why it won't go in? What other positions can you go in?

Hey chica! Try opening your legs more.  And try breathing out right before you do it so you aren't tense.  I'm not sure why it won't go in, so if its' really a problem, ask your mom or ask your doc about it next time you go in.  xoxo

Kate G.

by swifty#1 on 8/2/2012 10:43:21 AM

HELP PleasE
So I just started my period for this month and i tried inserting a tampon ( like i always do) and for some reason it won't go in. It goes like 2 inches then it stops. Idk why though cause I've been found this for over a yer. I have no idea why it won't go in/ I tried like 10 times already .... I know I'm not tense down there and idk any other reasons why it won't go in. Please help!

Hey girlie! Maybe you were going in from an odd angle, or got a brand you don't usually use?  Wait a day and then try again.  If it still isn't going in, talk to your mom or your doc. xoxo

Kate G.

by Swifty#1 on 8/2/2012 3:00:19 AM

Help me! The other day I was going to be going tubing and I tried to use a tampon. I'm pretty sure I didn't get it in properly so I just watched and took pictures. Now I'm going swimming with all my friends (and a cute boy) and i might have my period. How do you use the tampond that have that weird cardboard tube?????

by goldenheart7 on 7/31/2012 8:18:02 PM