4 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

7 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

8 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

COMMENTS

How do I insert a tampon?

I can’t insert a tampon without it hurting. Is something wrong? How do I get it right? Tampons can be tricky at first, but they shouldn’t...

MOD MOD MOD!
this scares me!
I have had my period a few times n tried a tampon for the first time. I inserted it n it hrt! i kept it in over an hour n when i took it out it was covered with blood. BUT, when i went to the bathroom right after it was out of THE SAME HOLE!
i'm freakin out, but i no its not a urinary infection, cuz i've had my period like normal n stuf, so WHAT IS IT!!!!??? Do i hav sum condition? I really need help! Ive tried the tampon agin n the same ting hand

Hey girlie,

It's totally normal for your tampon to feel uncomfortable/hurt during the first few times you use it. Your muscles "down there" just have to get used to it! Once you use them a few times, your bod will get used to it and you won't feel any pain at all. Promise Smile I use them and love them! They're like sponges so they're meant to be covered in blood once you remove them. That's how it stops your period flow from coming outside of your body. But try to calm down, because we don't pee (or go #2) out of the same hole that the blood comes from. They're all separate, even though you can't really tell at first. If you have questions about your bod "down there," try asking a doctor who can help with an explanation and a diagram. Tampons don't affect your ability to go to the bathroom! Smile
Lauren C.

by Danerka on 3/8/2012 6:34:10 PM

I still havnt gotten a response of something for THE FOURTH!!!

by Danerka on 3/8/2012 6:33:33 PM

I put something on over 24 HOURS AGO! NO RESPONSE!!!!!!!! Seriously???!!!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!!!

by Danerka on 3/4/2012 5:29:56 PM

ARRGGGGGG!!! i posted something 8 hours ago and havnt gotn a response!

by Danerka on 3/3/2012 8:51:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I've tried putting tampons in a couple times now, but it never works. I heard if it's too dry, it doesn't go in right, but what can you do to get it less dry? Also, is there a correct 'angle' to put it in at, cause it goes a little bit and then just stops going in. Thanks! Smile

Hey rockstargal03, maybe you don't have the right size. Try getting a size down and see if you can insert them easier. It may help to prop one of your legs on something, maybe the toilet, to get it in easier.The whole dry thing I think refers to you down there, so it's best to put it in when your on your period than a regular random day. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by rockstargal03 on 2/24/2012 5:44:38 PM

CONFUSED!
ok... i know i might sound stupid for asking this, but... i need a strait up answer. i have 2 questions.
1. do you keep the tampon in???
2. it always hurts when i try to use one... i try diff positions,and i have tried when my floe is the heaviest but it still hurts, and i always take it out because that's what i think your supposed to do...
please answer!

Hey babe,

1. Of course! Tampons are designed to absorb your flow so it doesn't leak all over your pants. So you leave it in for the time recommended on the box, then take it out and replace it with a new one. You might need to change them sooner than recommended if you have a heavier period that day.

2. It might hurt because you're taking it out before it's had a chance to soak up any liquid in there, so it's rougher. Relax your muscles and keep trying with the smallest size tampons - it feels uncomfy sometimes at first but you'll get the hang of it!

Lauren C.

by kaitybug1998 on 9/15/2011 5:03:20 PM

mod
if you do wear a pantyliner while swimming and wear shorts over yor bathing suit for the diaper issue will it still absorb the blood or will it just fail and leak all over the pool?and also is it better to wear pads r tampons in sports?

Hey girl,

I wouldn't rely on a panyliner while in the pool.  If you swim while wearing one, it will absorb water right away and then bam! it's too late to stop any blood.

As far as pads vs. tampons for sports, it's a personal preference.  But there are certain tampons designed specially for use during sports.
Jordan S.

by krazykotabug on 9/6/2011 1:18:00 AM

Hey fashion hotties! join my club for the latest styles that are hot, and flirty, fiesty, and the latest trends, ill keep you updated! they ARE cheap! itll say where @, and what it is, and how much $$$! whats better than this? being justin biebers girl friend, or selena gomezs BFF! or eating the WORLDS LARGEST TACO! the CLUBS NAME IS... flirty fashion

by angie333 on 7/21/2011 1:04:09 AM

MOD--I had my period over a month now! And I want to start using tampons. But My aunt told me that one day she put them on and it hurted her so she took them off. But Iwant to use them but at the same time I think it might hurt. And if you are having a real heavy flow, and you insert a tampon in your vigana will it hurt? Will youu feel it? If you sit down will you feel it hurting?

Hey girl,

If you've had your period for a really long time, it's probably best to go see a doctor. But as for the tampons, tampons are not supposed to hurt, so if it does, it means it was inserted incorrectly. If you have a heavy flow, inserting a tampon won't hurt, but you may have to change your tampon more frequently. Hope that helps! x0x0
Casey L.

by Kaylabew12345 on 6/21/2011 1:00:55 PM

MOD MOD i really need help. i have been having my period for like 2 years now and i haven't had the courage to use tampons until now. all of my friends do and i miss out on swimming and summer because im too afraid to use one. i've tried like three times and i just can't get them to work without them hurting. i have two older sisters but it would be too embarrassing to ask them or even my mom for help. every time i try i feel relaxed but it still hurts. i don't know what to do Frown help pleasee

Hey girly,
I'm sorry but your mom or one of your sisters is exactly who you need to go to right now. They will be able to tell you what you are doing wrong and calm your nerves. This is what they're here for and they will totally help you out.

Catie C.