7 HOURS AGO 7 cute characters with closets to die for: http://t.co/Ls6Dd4Ygey

10 HOURS AGO #YouWroteIt! Check out this poem written by an awesome #GLgirl: http://t.co/c0qORtXZJL

11 HOURS AGO Kick your feet up in these fab flats: http://t.co/N5dTQXVe9K

COMMENTS

How do I insert a tampon?

I can’t insert a tampon without it hurting. Is something wrong? How do I get it right? Tampons can be tricky at first, but they shouldn’t...

I just tried for the first time to use a tampon, and it didn't work out to well. I pushed the plunger all the way in until the plastic tube part, but when I pulled out the plastic tube part to keep the tampon in, the tampon was half way out. It was like that all 3 times I tried it, and I followed the directions on the box, too. What am I doing wrong?

by NattieKattie on 8/3/2010 11:22:16 AM

MOD!!!! MOD!!!!
Is it possible to put a tampon in too far? Sometimes when my flow is really heavy, It goes in TOO easily. It doesn't hurt and i don't feel it if i stand up. Just wondering

Hey girlie, you can't put it in too far. There's only so much room to put it in. It goes in easier when your flow is heavy because all of that blood is helping it slide in.

Lauren T.

by acecream on 7/30/2010 8:49:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! I'm reallyy scared to use a tampon!! I'm afraid I won't do it right or it'll fall out or hurt! Any advice?!

It can feel really uncomfortable if you don't put it in correctly, but it won't hurt.  And, it won't fall out! You just have to think about how many women use tampons- so it can't be that bad!
Katie R.

by mgirl4ever on 7/30/2010 3:24:23 PM

okayy......u might of already got help on this but if you havent then it could hurt bcuz its dry. an easier way to get the tampon in is to put vaseline on it then try. and if you still cant ask your mom for help. it might be akward but she knows just what you are going through....belive it or not......she was in your spot once! well......i hope this helps Smile good luck!

by rejected :( on 7/18/2010 4:38:26 PM

I use cetaphil (a gentle cleanser) to lubricate the tampon and make it easier and less uncomfortable to insert. once its in right, it is wayyy more comfortable than a pad, you don't even know it's there!

by artgirl116 on 7/16/2010 12:34:19 PM

IS IT OK TO USE THOSE NEW COLORFUL TAMPONS I THINK I WOULD BE ABLE TO USE THOSE BETTER

by ambergirl on 7/16/2010 10:21:32 AM

i just got my first period is it ok to use a tampon and does it hurt and bother u all day and my blood goes from pink to red to brown is this normal and does the tampon make itch and is it normal to get a cold wen u get HELPPPPP MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

by ambergirl on 7/16/2010 10:17:27 AM

mod mod modd! does it hurt to put in/take out a tampon for the first time (or any time?) thanks!

If you're doing it right, it shouldn't hurt!  Putting it in and taking it out takes a little getting used to, but once you've done it a few times, it shouldn't cause you any pain.

Marie H.

by partyy like a rockstar on 7/15/2010 5:30:00 PM

Hey so is the tampon supposed to go in all the way with only the string being seen. I'm afraid that the tampon will get stuck in the hole and I will get TSS. HELP!!!

by animallover3 on 7/13/2010 12:40:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD~
So I've been getting my period for a year now, and I haven't tried using a tampon. I'm supposed to go to a water park on Friday for my friend's birthday, but I have my period. My mom got me some of those brightly colored tampons to try out and after I read this article, I went into the bathroom to put it in. I went to put it in and I felt it going in and it freaked me out and I took it out, and right now I'm just wearing a pad. Do you have any tips to help me not chicken out?

Hey girl, take a deep breath and know whenever you try something new, it can be a bit weird the first time. Know however, tampons are perfectly normal and tons of girls use them. Insert it again and relax. It may feel weird but trust me, it's totally ok and worth it so you can go to your friend's party tomorrow. After the party? You can totes go back to pads too.

xoxo