2 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

5 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

6 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

COMMENTS

How do I insert a tampon?

I can’t insert a tampon without it hurting. Is something wrong? How do I get it right? Tampons can be tricky at first, but they shouldn’t...

Modmodmodmodmod!!!! I am going to a lake in 3 days and I just got my period unexpectedly and heavy! Last time I went to the lake with my period I just wore a panty liner and was completely fine! But since it's so heavy and I just got it last night I have to wear a tampon. I hate wearing tampons cuz I can't put them in right and the string always falls out of my swimsuit! Help please!

Hey girlie,

Just make sure you read the directions carefully and relax your muscles completely!  They will feel comfy if they're put in the right way {just make sure you keep pushing it until your fingers meet your body, THEN push the smaller tube}.  If you're worried about the string, try tucking it either up against your body {towards your belly button} or down against your body {towards your butt}.  That way, it's totally out of sight!

Lauren C.

by brittso on 7/12/2010 6:28:42 PM

mod. im super nervous cause im going on vacation friday...this means pools, beaches, and waterparks. and i haven't tried a tampon before. help! also can i try one without having my period? thanks

Hey chickie,

NO, do not try a tampon when you don't have your period!  You need the liquid in there to avoid irritation or discomfort... without it, it will be too dry.  Try bringing some tampons with you in case you get your period while on vacation.  There's no better motivation to learn how to use them than having the pool/waterpark waiting for ya!  Grab one, relax, and read the instructions in the box.  It's pretty simple - it's all about taking deep breaths, relaxing your muscles, and not getting discouraged if it doesn't work at first.  Try these tips too!

Lauren C.

by scottlyncrazy on 7/12/2010 5:31:27 PM

MOD-
Even though i have tried tampons, they work just fine but to me they're just more of a pain (just my oppinion). I am going rafting on friday.... they kinda hurt to take out any tips on getting it out less painfully- yes i am using a light tampon- the others just dont fit.
thanks for your help tonight!
<3 Liv!

Hey girlie, It shouldn't hurt to take it out, so I think the best thing to do is make sure you have it in correctly to start with! You shouldn't even really feel it!
Alissa S.

by livvy1997 on 7/12/2010 1:22:34 AM

OMG I GOT IT IN!!!

cuz when i tried b4 it wuz this weird cardboard one but i tried a plastic one and i got it in. i couldnt get it in b4 cuz i wuz doing something slightly wrong. yeah
YAYYYY

by biffo on 7/11/2010 9:21:57 PM

Irox 46:

if u have hair and ur boobs hurt when u press them, u could get ur period soon but theres no way to know for sure. if you get discharge (white or yellowish stuff in ur undies) then u'll probly get it soon too. but idk cm so i dont know ur height Tong

good luck!

by biffo on 7/11/2010 9:05:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
i tried putting in a tampon today but i couldn't even get it in!! i wuz relaxing the best i could, but it hurt and wouldn't go in!! what am i doing wrong?

Hey girl! Sometimes you have to be a little wet to get it in. If you are completely dry, it can be extremely painful to put in. Just try to relax some more.

xoxo

Liz

Liz L.

by biffo on 7/11/2010 8:59:18 PM

mod mod mod i put in a tampon and i don't know, when i'm moving around it feels like it's sliding out but it's not. i'm worried that it will slide out and show through my leotard during practice later! do u think i put it in wrong or am i just worrying too much?

Hey girl! I would try doing some lounges and squats, and see if it stays in place.  You may be just a little uncomfortable, if wearing one is new for you.  Tampons when worn right should not be able to be felt, and should be completely inside(except for the string) to be secure.
Megan R.

by dashor on 7/7/2010 5:02:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok so "Auntie Flo" is going to be visting me tommorow and Im going to a picnic and want to try and wear a tampon ,but one:Im scared ,and two:I cant get it in all the way and it HURTS! Im gonna be doing a lot of running around and I like waddle when I wear a pad because Im afraid it might leak.And I kinda need to learn how to wear a tampon for swimming class in MS next year...any tips on getting it in all the way?And why dose it hurt so much?!

Hey girl, It's hard to do, but the most important thing when putting in a tampon is to relax because if your muscles are tensed up, you aren't able to get it in. That's why it hurts so much- your muscles are tensing together and not allowing a very big space for it to go, so when you try to push it in, it is painful. So try not to think about how worried you are when you put it in, and you'll know when it's all the way in.

Vanessa J.

by Dogyocatyo on 7/3/2010 1:15:53 AM

**MODD**
I might be going swimming tomorrow. I'm going to my best friend's house, and when we were making the plans, I totally forgot that I was on my period. I've never used a tampon before. I've tried, but I couldn't get it in. My flow has been getting lighter, so I think it's almost over. I don't know what to do! should I just not swim, and just tan ? I'll try inserting a tampon again, but what if I can't?? What do I do?):

You could try that again — it's really important to stay relaxed because otherwise it can't get in. Otherwise, though, I don't think there's much you can do about swimming. Your friend will probably understand if you want to do something else while you're at her house instead!

Vanessa J.

by a7xisamazing on 7/3/2010 1:04:45 AM

MOD MOD MOD!! I'm very confused on how to use applicators on the tampoon. I have never used an tampoon before. I read the instructions on the box but it didn't say anything about the applicator. Does it just come out when you put the tampoon in or do you have to pull it out? Thanks.

It's hard to explain exactly, but you do have to remove the applicator.  It should come out easily once you have inserted the tampon.  With some practice, you'll get it!

Marie H.