1 HOURS AGO Kill your period cravings with these healthy picks: http://t.co/AIbgSRKDNa

2 HOURS AGO 9 must-read books to binge on this weekend: http://t.co/wvZcj2xuJz

3 HOURS AGO Amp your everyday look with @AboutFacesDay's bubble braid tutorial on @Fanlala: http://t.co/3ZoRU8NHie

COMMENTS

How do I insert a tampon?

I can’t insert a tampon without it hurting. Is something wrong? How do I get it right? Tampons can be tricky at first, but they shouldn’t...

MOD**********
I just got my period today, and tommorrow I have to go to a backhandspring clinic for gymnastics. I can't skip cuz my mom already paid and we are taking my friend too. Help! I can't wear pads, but I know nothing about tampons and im afraid it will hurt when i put it in.

Hey girly,

Tampons aren't a big deal. Use the smallest kind and get ones with plastic applicators -- that'll make them easier to use. Relax and follow the directions that come with the box! It shouldn't hurt at all!
Alissa S.

by lilgirlyme on 6/16/2010 12:30:40 PM

mod mod mod!!!!!
i want to start wearing tampons but when ever I try to put on in i cant get it "up there" and i always end up bruised! Help!!!

hey girly,

Just remember that it will be wayyy easier if you relax. Also, make sure you're using the smallest size tampon, and plastic applicators are usually easier to use.
Alissa S.

by pifi1997 on 6/16/2010 12:01:49 PM

thanks, Allie! it was my first time using tampons & i guess i panicked when it didn't come out right away. but i got it out, thanks again! Smile

by blue-eyed shortie on 6/15/2010 10:21:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! i can't get my tampon out!! it hurts when i try & it feels stuck! please help quick!!!!

Hey babe, Relax! If you're really tense, it will hurt more. Take a break and try to relax and think of something else then take a deep breath and try again when you've calmed down.

xoxo Allie

Allie S.

by blue-eyed shortie on 6/15/2010 10:00:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
i'm having some tampon issues. i have only worn tampons twice, because they're really uncomfortable for me and i don't know why. i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, i use the right absorbency, i put it in all the way, and i try to put it in at an angle. but it always feels really uncomfortable, and sometimes it feels like it's falling out! do you know what the problem could be!?

Hey girl,

I know this sitch can be so weird. But, sometimes when you first start wearing tampons, they can be pretty uncomfortable. Just know that it's something you'll get used to eventually! XOXO
Fallon M.

by smilee. on 6/15/2010 4:39:40 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
hi! so i've had my period for about a year now and finally got a tampon in!! i think i didn't put it in all the way tho...i can feel it, but its not at all painfull. its most noticable sitting down..i practiced today since im swimming tomorrow so should i just push it a little further? oh and if my flow is really lite tomorro (end of period) should i put a tampon anyway? thanks!!

Hey girl,

I know using a tampon for the first time can always be a bit weird, but what you're noticing is totally normal.  It's definitely okay to feel it the first few times you use one-- BUT it should NOT hurt.  If you need any more tampon help, be sure to check this out:  http://www.girlslife.com/category/pads-vs-tampons.aspx.

Best of luck!
Fallon M.

by dolphina10 on 6/15/2010 1:21:22 AM

Mod! Tomorrow I am going 3 hours away from my house and family to camp for two weeks, and i'm afraid i'm going to get my period. I haven't ever had one. I don't know if I'm just nervous or what.

Hey girl,

If you're nervous you might get your period while you're at camp, just bring along some pads or tampons to use in case you get it.
Alissa S.

by smileychic:) on 6/14/2010 9:14:19 AM

Im scared to use a tampon like i tried but then as sooon inserted it and took a step it started to hurt and like i can feel it inside me and im scared to ask my mom or sister also what type of tampons would you prefer

by schemifie on 6/13/2010 6:28:46 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I wanna know what ur hymen is... Ihear that there are rumors that tampons break it but I dont know wht it is...

I'm no doctor, but a hymen is basically a stretchy piece of skin that is "up there."  There is no real importance of it.  Those rumors you are hearing about tampons breaking your hymen may be true.  If your hymen rips, it's no big deal...you probably won't even notice! It can rip during volleyball, riding a bike, or maybe even putting in a tampon.
Katie R.

by snickie on 6/11/2010 12:42:15 PM

mod!mod!
Every time I put a tampon in I can kinda feel it sometimes and I bleed through after like an hour.... I need to know what Im doing wrong!!! Ive been using tampons 2 yrs but the same thing keeps happening!! I even tried ultra absorbancy bcuz my period is heavy..... please help!!!

If you can feel your tampon, it doesn't mean you are putting it in wrong, but it may mean that you aren't putting it in all the way.  I know that sounds weird, but if you feel it when you sit down especially, it probably is because it's not in all the way.  Don't worry, it's not going to fall out or anything- you just won't feel comfortable.  So next time try putting it in farther than usual, and see if that makes a difference! If not, I chat with your doctor about it.

Also, you most likely need to change your tampon after an hour bc of your flow, not because you are putting it in wrong.  Just keep an eye out when you have your period to avoid any leaks!
Katie R.