11 HOURS AGO Don't miss all the fun at Fash Bash 2014! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/hxOEzrhlmp

14 HOURS AGO 6 ways to revamp your fresh veggies: http://t.co/uVLIaiXDOB

15 HOURS AGO The trick to beating body envy: http://t.co/e3zU4Mbgnb

COMMENTS

Last-minute Tryout Tips!

We turned to our fave experts (GL readers!) to weigh in on how to make the team. Whether you’re goin’ out for varsity or are hopin’ to make JV, we’ve got no-fail advice for everyone!

Some of my comments aren't being posted.Hopefully this one is. I'm 12 and I'm in the 7th grade. In a month I'll be 13. I don't play any sports but i play the viola. So i was thinking maybe i should join one.I've always wanted to play soccer since i was little (my dad really like it) but a year ago i figured i hated it... and i was HORRIBLE at it. I'm bad at volley ball and Basketball too. I've been thinking of what i should join and i narrowed it down to Gymnastics, Dance,Cheerleading (for football or basketball.) I also wanted to ask my parents if i could take swimming lessons for a while cause i cant swim. So i was wondering if i were to join Cheer what should i do to get prepared for try-outs next year? Oh and i was also wondering what i should wear or bring to tryouts. Thanks!

Hey girlie, take some dance and tumbling classes to be ready for try outs. When they start giving out information about try outs, they'll probably tell you exactly what to wear and bring so you won't have to worry about it!

Lauren T.

by justrainbowz on 1/9/2013 7:09:47 PM

MOD! I would really like to join sports in high school, preferably tennis and soccer. I haven't played on a team in a while, but I want to. How can I get ready? Also, being in a sport costs alot, so should I help pay? Thanks so much!!! Smile

hey! talk to your parents and see what they say about the money. train with some friends maybe?
Helen S.

by Music_4_Life on 3/18/2011 7:53:40 PM

I really want to play basketball again, ( i played last year, but not this year.) so what are some ways I can get better for next season? Its next december. Thanks!

Hey girl, I'd suggest talking to the coach at your school for suggestions -- they've seen you play so they know what you need to work on. In general too, I'd stick to cardio training, jogging for example, to help your endurance on the court.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by hawaiiancherry on 1/25/2011 9:09:22 PM

i'm doing school volleyball and the coaches are in the process of picking the teams. i should know what team i'm on probably by tomorrow. this article really helped.

by Sydney on 8/27/2009 12:07:25 PM

MOD!!
i need a fall/winter sport, cuz (1) theres no fall softball this year and (2) even when there is fall ball, it ends early & the spring season starts late. sooo.. I play softball & ride horses, so what winter sports do you think ill like?
thank you!

Hey babe,

The only way to know is to try some out!

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by XxhorsebabexXsugar on 8/18/2009 2:33:26 PM

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

HHHHEEEEYYYYYY CHICKAS!!!!!!!!!
I’ll MOD for anyone who needs any help. If any of you guys need advice, I’M ALL EARS!!! Just post a comment on my profile and I will reply ASAP since I check my profile like 3 times a day LOLZ.

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Come check out the polls posted at the bottom of “My Healthy You Profile” section on my profile and comment on it so I know what your choice is! Don’t worry this is not a club. It’s just something fun to do and you can see what other girls say too!

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

by musicrox on 8/16/2009 11:42:26 AM

~Alyssa

thank you!!!

~Eilsel516

by Eilsel516 on 8/16/2009 12:29:14 AM

~*~MOD~*~
I just have a quick question. I'm starting soccer soon (monday i think) and I haven't played for over a year. I stopped because of the horrible cramps I used to get. Now I think they won't be as bad (i switched to figure skating when i stopped and did a little running over the summer)We stretch before every practice, but I still get them sometimes. Any tips on how I can not get them as much?
~Thanks!
~Eilsel516

Hey girl, while there's no way to stop getting cramps completely, there are ways to make them go away faster. Try gently massaging the area where the cramp is or stretching the area until the cramp stops. In terms of prevention, stretching is a sure way to do so. Be sure to stretch before you exercise each time to help your muscles. If your cramps are severe and just won't go away, try talking to a doc. They'll know exactly what to do and might have some techniques or medication that will help you.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Eilsel516 on 8/16/2009 12:16:30 AM

Hey girls come check out my profile if you need advice on anything (school, friends, fashion, guys)! I can help! Smile

by Ecvolleyball88 on 8/15/2009 11:46:00 PM

These are great tips!! I rlly like the one about not being scared to ask for help, so true

Check out my profile girls, and please leave a comment, thanks!

by SportyGal on 8/15/2009 7:20:43 PM