1 HOURS AGO 1 lucky winner scores 3 new pairs of kicks, a pair for her BFF, PLUS a $200 gift card from @sugar_brand: http://t.co/zYxfribqfQ

2 HOURS AGO How's your luck lookin'? Check your #horoscope to find out: http://t.co/G3UNgFG7x0

19 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

COMMENTS

DEAR CAROL: My Chica's Been Smoking

I just found out my best friend smokes. She acts like it’s no big deal, but it is. She is only 13 and her parents...

MOD
I have the same problem.. My best gye friend began to smoke a couple of weeks ago, its not just that but hes also steeling. When I found out about the smoking I made sure to contact his parents so they would know. I've confrunted him about it and have done everything I can to help him understand how unhealthy of a habit smoking is but its no use. We have been friends since kindergaten and it scares me to see him doing this to himself, it really dose. We have been more distante lately and I'v realized that I might be loosing him as a friend. What can I do????, sorry this was so long

Hey babe,

It sounds like you've done all you can. It's too bad that he's changing and becoming the kind of person that you don't feel comfortable being friends with but maybe if show him how serious you are about this by taking a break from your friendship until he cleans up his behavior. It might be the push he needs to change.

xoxo Allie

Allie S.

by elene on 11/20/2009 5:23:05 PM

i agree with dolliegirl. and smoking is part of some ppl's religion. but smoking can harm not only the one smoking but others around them and the earth. it is not cool it is a way of killing yourself. actually smoking is also considered using drugs. SAY NO TO DRUGS!!! SAY YES TO (insert favorite food here......preferably tacos...yum :p)

by SweetStrawberry101 on 10/28/2009 12:43:37 AM

I don't like the use of the word "dumb." If I was smoked (hypothetical, I don't smoke), I would feel bad and ashamed after seeing "dumb," 'cuz it would kind of imply that I was dumb...Basically, I think it was a poor choice of words.

by the brave little toaster on 9/4/2009 4:04:57 PM

that's terrible, her mom is not a good mother, she is practiclly killing her daughter. smoking is harmful and pointless. it does not make you cool, it makes you unliked

by dolliegirl on 8/30/2009 9:28:13 PM

my friends the same way and is 13. but i dont want to interfear w/her life. we both have our lil probs. and at our skool smoking cigarettes isnt something that makes u cool. only if u smoke something else they think its cool. and iv lived around smoke my whole life! its bad but who cares? pollution is just as bad!

by ~*Brook!e~*10 on 8/25/2009 8:51:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD my friends think it's weird i don't shave and they make fun of me. should i shave my legs arent that hairy

Hey girly! It's totally up to you; whatever youre most comfortable with! You def don't have to if you don't want to!

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by sparklegirl96 on 8/25/2009 3:34:17 PM

OMG! her mom gives her cigarettes?! That's terrible!

by flowerpower29 on 8/25/2009 6:56:25 AM

How sad and disturbing that her mom wouldnt care that she smokes and irrisponsible that her mom gives them to her
ew i hate smoke

by volleygirl4ever123 on 8/24/2009 7:17:19 PM

is not really a big deal if its hur mom givening them to hur thats hur choice and it was her choice to try u probably cant do anything now if she adicted thoguh not for months at least i know alot of people who do alot a lot of crap haha but its all there choice on what to do with there lives not yours. and don't spend your life stuck in a bubble be a risk taker
xoxo-Dolly<3
ps leave comment on profile !!

by dolly<3 on 8/24/2009 4:53:09 PM