31 MINUTES AGO How are you spending time with your family this holiday weekend? Tell us in emojis! ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿšฒ๐Ÿ“ท ๐Ÿ’…

4 HOURS AGO #QUIZ! What date should you go on this weekend?

9 HOURS AGO #QUIZ! What Netflix show should you binge watch this weekend?

Babysitting 911: I'm Underpaid! Now What!?

"I just started babysitting so I don't know what's fair, but I think I'm being underpaid! How can I speak up?"

I babysit a 2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old and I got paid three dollars for babysitting them for like 5 hours.
Plus whenever i'm outside the mom sends them out to "play" (babysit for free) They follow me around and it gets annoying, trust me. It really stinks):

by mtf1998 on 7/25/2011 1:25:28 PM

You should stand up. Politely say, "It is called a job and I need to get paid. If you can't pay me then I can't baby-sit again. I really like baby-sitting for your kids." It tells themthat you like baby-sitting, but you won't like to not provide service for them over pay.

by MK19B on 10/2/2010 4:51:35 PM

My friend and me just took a babysitting class from Red Cross two months ago, and they still haven't sent my liscence! My friend got hers and we tried calling and going back to the place, but no such luck. So do you know of any websites you can take a test on then print a license? It would have to be free, because we paid for the class already.

hey! I can't link you outside of the site but I think you shouldn't give up so easily if you paid for the class. If you passed you have a right to your license and if they won't give it to you then ask for your money back. Good luck!
Helen S.

by bluecatcrazy on 9/26/2010 3:03:46 PM

I babysat four kids ( very hiper kids) for five hours and only got payed 10 bucks!!!!

Any tips on hot to get the two girls to go to sleep???
They will just not go to sleep!!! They are 2 and 3 1/2.

by sjtishrgnd on 8/22/2010 9:56:34 PM

MOD I babysat this little boy twice for 2 hours both times at the end of the school year. I get paid $5 a hour, so the parents should have paid me $20 total. The mom said she would drop it of at my house, or her husband would give me the money at swim team. The swim team is now OVER and i still haven't gotten the money. I'm kind of in need of it, but I don't want to ask and seem rude or seem like I'm hounding them. W#hat do i do?

Hey girlie, it's not rude to ask for money that you rightfully earned. Give them a call or send an email letting them know you never got it. They probably just forgot about it!
Alissa S.

by musicgirl<3 on 8/4/2010 11:13:02 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!! What if the people yu babysit for forget to pay you????

Hey girl! They won't forget, if they do, before you leave make sure you let them know.  You can do it politely by saying something like: I love babysitting for you! I just want to make sure I'm getting paid for it too!

Megan R.

by ambersgirl on 7/28/2010 7:06:26 PM

do kids and parints hateme???? i havent had a job at all and i took th calss 2 monthes ago

by taylormaggie on 7/25/2010 8:43:07 PM

im just now starting to babysit this 4 year old girl. any good ideas to help keep her occupied?. (besides make-up) and what are some good rewards i could give her for good behavior?

Hey girlie, kiddie videos, coloring, and reading to her.

Paige T.

by tianicole97 on 7/24/2010 10:29:15 PM

I have no kids on my street all it is is elderly people any tips to find kids to babysit?

by selenarocks411 on 7/24/2010 10:01:13 PM

Thanks, but you didn't answer the first part of my question. What are some fun ways to make money?? Thanks Smile

Hey sorry about that! Depends what you like doing. babysitting's only fun if you like kids. Are you super organized? maybe you could get a few bucks de-cluttering the house. Good luck!
Helen S.

by lautnerloverrr08 on 7/24/2010 3:49:03 PM

As the holidays really take off, what's one thing you HAVE to do this year?

Bump Up Your Babysitting Biz

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?

Dive into the weird, wonderful world of Curiosity House: The Shrunken HeadCLICK HERE for your chance to win itโ€”and to explore Dumfrey's Dime Museum of Freaks, Oddities and Wonders.