6 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

9 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

10 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

COMMENTS

Babysitting 911: I'm Underpaid! Now What!?

"I just started babysitting so I don't know what's fair, but I think I'm being underpaid! How can I speak up?"

I've been babysitting two little kids for a year now and I love them to death, but the youngest has a huge temper problem. He threw a brick at me the other day and sprained my foot. Something has to be done, but I don't know what. Should I ask for more money?

by lolforever on 6/11/2010 5:04:55 PM

I charge for 1kid:3dollars an hour and for 2 kids i charge 5 dollars an hour. for 3 kids i charge 7$ an hour.10 dollars an hour for 4+ kids lauren r.

by sarahyarah on 6/7/2010 8:32:54 PM

Hey Fellow Teen Girls,
Im Here To Give Advice, And Answer Questions!
Sometimes The GL Mods Can Get A Bit Busy!
If You Have Any Advice You Need Help With Or A Question You Need Answered, I'm Your Go To Gal.
Please Visit My Profile If You Ever Need Help Or Advice, Or Just Want To Say Hello Laughing
Have A Nice Day
XOXOXO
MOD Liza! Smile Smile Smile Smile <3 <3

by mileycalyx on 6/7/2010 4:36:00 PM

i make really good $ all year round from babysitting-I usually get paid 10-15$ and watch 2-3 kids at a time Smile

by karatejenn16 on 5/29/2010 9:43:22 PM

hey girlies!
I know the GL moderators do a great job of answering questions, but they are busy gals! if you have any questions about tough stuff, school work or anything else, come to my profile and I would be happy to see all your fun profiles and stories!

by Olivia T. on 5/29/2010 7:45:51 PM

hey girlies!

by Olivia T. on 5/26/2010 9:16:43 PM

*****MODERATOR***** Hey! I babysat for less than an hour 4 my neighbor, and she gave me wayyyyyy MORE than i expected. I told her to just give whatever she wants cuz she's my neighbor and i didn't have a set amount to charge. my mom told me she gave me way to much and i should have offered her change. But my neighbors used to having sitters, so i don't think she was expecting change, right? she would have just had the correct amount right? thanks Smile

Hey girl!  Dealing with money from babysitting can be confusing sometimes.  Since you didn't tell her an amount, she probably did give you what she was comfortable with based on past sitters.  If you're not sure how much is right, you could check with other girls you know who babysit so you have an idea in mind for next time.  xoxo

Marie H.

by Born2ride on 5/19/2010 7:12:12 PM

MOD I babysit three kids, a 2 year old girl and 4 year old twin boys. I get paid $15 an hour. Do you think it's too much? Although I use most of the money for the coloring books, crayons, dress up chest, and other things, I wonder...

Hey chicky, I’m a busy bee facilitating all the G-Blog jazz. Although I’d love to answer and chat with all ya gals, it’s just not possible at the moment. I’m sure our lovely bloggers here would love to help ya out with some great advice! Thanks for understanding. , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Marie H.

by LoveAndWar23 on 4/21/2010 7:54:15 PM

As long as you're comfortable with it and the family is comfortable with it, I'm sure it's fine.  If you're not sure, I would check with other girls you know who babysit to see what is about right.  xoxo

Marie H.

by LoveAndWar23 on 4/21/2010 7:50:58 PM

I don't get an allowance.It isn't fair! We obviously have the money considering we just got a new car when we had 3!!!!

by cec on 4/18/2010 6:21:59 PM