5 HOURS AGO RT @NiallsBlueEyes9: Thank you @girlslifemag I got my book :) YAY! :) pic.twitter.com/2Yrh9pCq98

5 HOURS AGO How do you feel about smoking? Sound off on the survey: http://t.co/DYrp6lJmWF

8 HOURS AGO 20 ways to flirt with your crush: http://t.co/M6GN4Lfh2r

COMMENTS

Babysitting 911: I'm Underpaid! Now What!?

"I just started babysitting so I don't know what's fair, but I think I'm being underpaid! How can I speak up?"

Hey girls, i know many of you have plenty to ask and and I have plenty to answer! So check my profile - *Beth's advice* and trust me when I say this I will get to answer your quests ASAP!

All you have to is post you question on my Profile!And I WILL get back to you.

If you want advice from a chica like your self, ask me!

And unlike the people that answer here I will tell stuff that i had from my own experiences!

Also what is also cool is that some of my friends are going to help me answer some of the more challenging questions

And eventually I'm going to put up a website for all of you senoritas! but for now Go to my Profile and I'l make life a bit easier!

by Beth's Advice! on 2/23/2010 6:15:16 PM

im babysitting for family friends for around 7 hours with a 3,7,and 9 year old. it will be my first time ever babysitting for money. how much do you think they'll pay me?

Hey Girl! I would expect them to pay at least 10 dollars an hour. Hopefully it will be more but I would expect at least $70! xo Lizzie
lizzie n.

by spacutie424 on 2/17/2010 4:23:56 PM

Feel like you cant express yourself to these columns? ** **
** **
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *

Dont know how to word it?
Come to my profile at
sarahs advice Laughing
and leave ur messages!
I'll not only give FANTASTIC advice, but hold contests
once in awhile, so stay tuned!

Thanks!
sarahs advice Laughing

by sarahs advice :D on 2/5/2010 11:53:33 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.
4. Paste this to 4 other quizzes. If you do this, your crush will kiss you on the nearest Friday, but if you read this and do not paste this, then you will have very bad luck! SEND THIS TO 5 QUIZZES IN 143 MINUTES. WHEN YOU'RE DONE PRESS F6 AND YOUR CRUSH'S NAME WILL APPEAR IN BIG LETTERS ON THE SCREEN.

by megans85 on 1/10/2010 7:14:25 PM

MOD MOD
okay i have 2 q's (sorry!)
1 i babysat 4 sum ppl nd did a gud job the kids had fun nd it was my first time nd i got paid rlly well thy sed thy wntd my 1st time to b special, but thy havnt usd me since thn! *was i rong to accept the $ ?? 2 *do u think tht i did a bad job? thanks for being so kind and taking the time to answer my questions! u MODs are awsum!

Well most people babysit for money so i dont think you were wrong to take it. Also they might not have used you cuz they havent needed you yet. So dont fret. I'm sure you did a great job. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by dina22464 on 1/9/2010 5:19:41 PM

i really want to start babysitting for people. i babysat 1 family over the summer and it went pretty good. i would like to earn some more money and i think babysitting is a good idea. how should try to get a job? thanks!

Hey babe,

Trying enrolling in a CPR babysitting/first aid class in your town. They'll have connections and you'll be more qualified to take care of children. Contact family friends, neighbors or ask your parents to ask their coworkers if they need anyone. It's all about hearsay Smile

xoxo Keltie
Keltie E.

by colorgal on 1/4/2010 9:40:05 PM

MODMODMOD
how can you get babysitting gigs with people you know without seeming overly eager? because everytime i start (casually) talking about babysitting with my parents' friends my mom starts laughing at my attempt at not seeming too eager because she knows how much i want the job.

Hey girl! You should put up posters and act very serious when they ask you.
Eryn G.

by licoricelexigirl on 12/27/2009 5:58:00 PM

I understand what it feels like to be underpais. a few summers ago I babysat for a 5 year old and an eight year old. I watched the kids for 7 hours during the day and I only got 21 dollars. the parents explanation was that the 8 year old boy was old enough to take care of himself but i still had to feed him and keep an eye on him. Since it was an old neighbor of mine their neighbor, a family friend, went and talked to them about how I had spent my whole day babysiting ffor three dollars an hour. I havent babysat for them since because they havent asked me but I feel I should have gotten at least 42 dollars if not more.

by aerolover94 on 12/9/2009 8:20:20 AM

MOD MOD MOD How do u become an intern?

Hey babe,

You can read all about it on the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page.

xoxo Allie

Allie S.

by DivaGirl123321 on 11/27/2009 8:37:07 PM

MOD! I want to hand out babysitting flyers on a street with lots of kids on it. This girl in my school lives on that street and babysits for kids around there sometimes, too. Is it okay to pass out flyers so that parents have options? Also, when passing out flyers, I'm sometimes not sure who has kids and who doesn't. How do I know which mailboxes to put flyers in? Thanks!

Hey girl! I would try to babysit for people I know, rather than complete strangers. Ask your mom if she knows anyone who has kids and might need a babysitter.

xoxo