2 HOURS AGO Who else is *so* ready for #Thanksgiving tomorrow? This is a sneak peek of us in like fourteen hours:

3 HOURS AGO We're thankful for our family + friends... and @taylorswift13. Who are you grateful for?

4 HOURS AGO #QUIZ! Has your crush noticed you?

Babysitting 911: I'm Underpaid! Now What!?

"I just started babysitting so I don't know what's fair, but I think I'm being underpaid! How can I speak up?"

one of the best things to do is just let the parents decide how to pay you. then, it doesn't get confusing with age and number of kids.

by spirit_101222_ on 11/10/2009 8:01:15 PM

**☺☻-MOD--- How much is a good price for a seven year old and a 4 year old? Micah

Hey girl, whatever you think is right is what goes. Remember babysitting is your joob, and the best part about it is setting the price. I would say ten dollars per hour though if you are unsure because that is pretty much standard.

xoxo Olivia

Olivia A.

by micah365 on 11/5/2009 12:58:35 PM

one time i baby-sat this kid and he threw a block at me and hit me with a chair!! Smile but it was funny when he hit my brother

by simile-emily on 10/6/2009 5:55:13 PM

~mod~ hey! I babysit for four children, a 2 year old girl,3 year old boy, 5 year old boy, and a 6 year old boy. The parents work at my church, so their salary isn't a lot, so I usually take whatever they give me, which is around $20.I taken classes, so i'm very well-trained...and i'm almost 15. The children are very well behaved, however, it is still a lot of work. How much should i ask for?

Hey girlie! That's really up to what you feel comfortable with and how long you babysit for!

Taeler L.

by ctina11rox95 on 10/5/2009 2:58:20 PM

Mod!!!!!!!! There is a Halloween Dance coming soon. What do you think I should wear. We are allowed to wear costumes within reason . Like no super shorts or bra straps showing. Please help. Jess Smile Thanks

Hey girl!  Since it's a Halloween Dance, you should def wear a costume!  It doesn't have to be inappro, but if you can think up something creative and fun, you'll look awesome! best, Kristen

Kristen Y.

by cutierockerangel101 on 10/4/2009 8:57:10 PM

i have a question. is it an ok thing to let the parents decide how uch you get paid? cuz i babysit twins in 1st grade and i always let the parents pay.

Hey girl! yea thats fine, as long as you are fine with it.
Eryn G.

by ash_hollow on 10/3/2009 4:10:15 PM

I'm eleven years old and really responsable, so I'm babysitting the kids while the parents do Bible study. The other person who had the gig is in college now, so they can't come all the time, and then I'm available. Do you think I'm too young to be babysitting? Like I said before (and I'm trying not to brag), I'm very responsable, and living with two brothers and a sister (all younger than me), I think I'm fine. What about you?

Hey babe! If you're comfortable babysitting, then I think it's okay!  If they're at Bible study it's probably only for an hour or so, so it's not all day! It's great that you have experience with your brothers and sister!  You go girl! Way to be responsible!
Megan R.

by MathGirl98 on 10/3/2009 8:16:49 AM

I get five dollars a kid. True, not much when there's just one, but let's say there are five or six. You got a good $25 to $30 right there!

by MathGirl98 on 10/2/2009 4:01:34 PM

I'm turning 12. I've never babysat before. What things should I know about babysitting kids?

Hey girl, I suggest going with your mom or a trusted adult to the home of the kids you're babysitting before the big day. Arrange a meeting where you'll learn a li'l bit about the kids, what the fam expects you to do, and how much you'll be paid. When it's time to babysit, have some safe activities planned, like movies, sports, crafts, or baking. Whatever you feel comfortable with. You'll find yourself getting the hang of it in no time! Best, Miliana

Miliana B.

by beautybabe11 on 9/27/2009 8:07:04 AM

hi what age do u think is appropriate for babysitting?

by lorettalove:) on 9/18/2009 4:38:09 PM

Bump Up Your Babysitting Biz

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?