36 MINUTES AGO He kissed her for the camera...super creepy or really romantic? You decide: http://t.co/8dhBG6Wo0v

1 HOURS AGO 4 ways to flirt without saying a word: http://t.co/LHp5svEpre

2 HOURS AGO Meet your new fave murder mystery. Win Famous Last Words, by @KatieAlender today: http://t.co/meJ6kpn5G7 @this_is_teen

COMMENTS

Babysitting 911: I'm Underpaid! Now What!?

"I just started babysitting so I don't know what's fair, but I think I'm being underpaid! How can I speak up?"

***MOD*** I am a baby-sitter, and the parents take advantage of me! Sometimes I baby-sit one day and they pay me, and then the next they don't even pay me, or they say that they will send their daughter down to give me the money (their my neighbors as well) but days pass and they still haven't paid me. Then, they expect me to baby-sit again for them, so I always think their gonna pay me, but sometimes I'm wrong. My parents told me if they still don't pay me, that I shouldn't baby-sit for them, or I have to tell them they need to. The thing is, I don't want to sound greedy... what should I do?

You should speak up. Tell them you enjoy babysitting for their kids but your time is valuable and if they ccould pay you every time that would be great. Be really nice about it and you won't sound greedy.

Olivia

Olivia A.

by evercole95 on 9/17/2009 3:55:48 PM

I think anywhere from $5-$12 is good, depending on the number of kids and if they are sleeping during it.

Also the age of the kids is a huge thing too, I would charge a lot more for taking care of a baby and a toddler than for 4 eight year olds.

by lovedance15 on 9/17/2009 10:45:44 AM

MOD MOD MOD Okay I am 15 and have had 3 years of experience as a babysitter. Well, yesterday I babysat for this family that has three kids under 3 and they are really crazy. I babysat for three hours and they paid me $10 do you think that is underpaid??

Hey girlie! That's a lot of kids to watch for 3 hours. It's up to you how much money you make and feel comfortable with. Check out this page for a little more info: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/08/26/underpaid-babysitting.aspx

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by lovedance15 on 9/17/2009 10:42:41 AM

MOD
Ok, so I went to babysit for this family for like 45 min. and i got paid $20. We are friends with the family so my mom said that that was a little too much. Then the next time I babysat her kids she gave me $10 for 3 hours!!! I have a job there this saturday so i dont know what to say because she already paid me a lot and then to little and ahhhh!!! i am cofused. Plz Help
thnx,
Ella

Hey Ella! You are doing her a service. Your job is to babysit, so treat it like a job. If you are concerned about how much money you will get, talk to her about it upfront. Set a price per hour and let her know you expect that amount at the end of your job. It's not fair to you if you are only getting $10 for 3 hours!

Good luck!

Liz
Liz L.

by Ella2110 on 9/9/2009 12:29:11 PM

my moms policy is- $10 or more if the baby sitter can drive. $5 an hour if they can't

by chocolatelover423 on 8/27/2009 4:55:42 PM

i think 7 dollars an hour is perf. and 1 dollar extra for every extra kid.

by frostybunny9 on 8/27/2009 4:49:06 PM

HI GIRLS!!!

I'm a MOD/advice answerer for anyone that needs advice! I will answer questions about anything! Fashion, boys, health/fitness, style/beauty, periods, friends, family, back to school questions, school, tough things, you name it! No question will be turned down once posted. Just comment on my profile and I will comment back on yours ASAP. If your profile isn't public, just let me know and tell me an article you want me to post it on or on my profile.

by laughOUTloud4 on 8/27/2009 4:07:24 PM

Check out my pro!

by MeagPolkadot on 8/27/2009 3:54:32 PM

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

HHHHEEEEYYYYYY CHICKAS!!!!!!!!!
I’ll MOD for anyone who needs any help. If any of you guys need advice, I’M ALL EARS!!! Just post a comment on my profile and I will reply ASAP since I check my profile like 3 times a day LOLZ.

Tong Tong Tong Tong Tong Tong Tong Tong Tong Tong Tong Tong Tong Tong Tong Tong

Come check out the polls posted at the bottom of “My Healthy You Profile” section on my profile and comment on it so I know what your choice is! Don’t worry this is not a club. It’s just something fun to do and you can see what other girls say too!

Innocent Innocent Innocent Innocent Innocent Innocent Innocent Innocent Innocent Innocent Innocent Innocent Innocent

by musicrox on 8/27/2009 1:41:50 PM

~mod~ i have a babysitting job on saturday and i'm not sure what to charge. it's for 1year old twins but i'm only 13 so i don't know what to charge. i'm thinking i'll do a discounted rate for once they go to sleep but i don't know what to ask to begin with. btw most of my experience is unpaid with either little cousins or my little brother

Hey girlie! Typical charge for babysitting is around 10 dollars an hour. You can ask for a little less if you would feel more comfortable! Or you can just wait and see how much they pay you! They are usually pretty generous considering your watching their kids!

-Taeler