5 HOURS AGO Make sure your first school dance is a night to remember!: http://t.co/cpIIIDwyjP

6 HOURS AGO Got a bad case of dance fever? Here's all the homecoming advice you need: http://t.co/f1AVsQG1cd

7 HOURS AGO Get up & be active with your BFF this fall w/ these fab and festive fall activities!: http://t.co/sIdZZkduFe

COMMENTS

Religious differences

My whole family is Catholic and expects me to go through confirmation soon. But I’ve decided not to go through with it.

Same :/ My family is Christian and I'm not...

by sk8rgrl767 on 12/29/2010 7:15:23 PM

Im catholic and i have many religious indifferences about it. but anyway ur parents will come to realize that that is what you want and if they really love you it will overcome there issues..

by She's That Sk8r Grl on 10/19/2010 6:13:42 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD! Please help me i go to a catholic school, but i am not catholic, i am presbytarian. I feel really alone and left out. I have a few friends that arent catholic,but we all feel this way. When we go to church, when everyone else gets their bread I have to put a big X on myself with my arms so they dont give me bread. Also, In all the church pamphlets it says that they hope the sad wrongdoings of other religions will dissapear but until they do they wont permit us to recive communion. When Teachers ask about baptism, and I say I never was, everyone stares at me like im a bad person! Do I have to be Catholic to got to heavan? because thats the message i get from my school. Frown

Hey girlie, that must be a really tough situation. I think you should bring your concerns up with your parents and a guidance counselor at your school. The idea of a "Catholic" heaven is a catholic religious belief. Think about your own faith and what you believe. If your not sure of that again talk to your parents and guidance counselor.
Paige T.

by Beluga-swim on 9/4/2010 4:50:26 PM

Punx72, I have a question for you. How do you think single celled organisms appeared in the first place? They couldn't have just appeared. Besides my mom died a few weeks ago and I believe being a christian has helped me through.

by Kayal124 on 8/26/2010 9:55:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I have a huge problem. I've been Christian for as long as I can remember. I grew up in a Christian family, was baptised, and still go to church every Sunday. But I don't feel comfortable with Christianity and I want to change to Wicca.
The problem is, my parents are zealots when it comes to religion. It's a touchy subject in my household because my parents make it seem like it's the only way. They don't like Wicca at all and view it as ridiculous. How can I approach them without maikng them really angry?

Hey girlie, It can be really hard when you're not the same religion as your parents. I think you should ask your parents if you can have a talk with them, and explain to them the reasons for your discomfort with Christianity. Tell them that you respect their beliefs, and they should respect yours as well. What religion you are should be up to you, but your parents might not be totally cool with that. You might have to keep going to church with your fam to keep them happy, but you can believe whatever you want!
Alissa S.

by TwiHard13 on 7/7/2010 10:50:15 AM

@ Specialk236 We all got here by something called EVOLUTION. Don't you study science at your school? We started off as simple single cell organisms and then evolved into muti-cell organisms and so on. My dad has a Geology Degree from University Collage London, and I'm studying GCSE Biology, Chemistry and Physics. We all didn't just appear from some imaginary god making us. That's just stupid. Religion never helped anyone, it just causes wars. My Nana is an extremely religious person and she has Bone Cancer. The doctors say she has 3-6 months left. She loves God and Jesus and never did anything bad in her life. But she still got this terrible disease. God can't help anyone due to the simple fact that he is NOT real. I'm 13 and I know that already.

by punx72 on 4/10/2010 4:00:23 PM

by punx72 on 4/10/2010 3:57:04 PM

I don't really wanna b catholic either! I just can't stand the way we judge other religions! The thing is, my rents r forcing me 2 b catholic, saying that i can't decide my religion until im 18, and i DON't want that!!!!

by Glamno5 on 3/15/2010 12:55:37 PM

oh and brookebee123, just b yourself, and treat people really nice if u want them to treat u like u r down 2 earth. I can't stand it when people assume rich girls are snobby air-heads, it's really an offensive stereotype,good luck chica! Smile <3 Glamno5

by Glamno5 on 3/12/2010 5:58:27 PM

I can't stand it when people (especially PARENTS) make such a big fuss over religion! It's terrible that your rents r mad at u 4 not wanting 2 b christian. I know religion is an important part of one's culture and stuff, but if someone treats u different cuz of religion, then religion is dumb. u shouldn't base your opinion of someone because of religion! This is why i don't agree with missionaries. it's nice that they try to help peeps less fortunate, but getting them to change religions is just wrong!

by Glamno5 on 3/12/2010 5:54:40 PM