8 HOURS AGO Anna & Elsa are servin' up some major hairspo! #PrincessStat: http://t.co/dQpwHoErKm

11 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

12 HOURS AGO Color-changing nail polish just may be the coolest thing ever: http://t.co/sJVrKrDBFm

COMMENTS

Tampon tips!?

I can't use a tampon! I've tried and tried, but it just won't work. I hate getting my period, not only because of the...

my mom said she didnt think they would b "good for me" but idk y. then when i went to the ocean w/ my dad i had to just wear a liner and pants over bathing suit it was rly uncomfortable

by StargirlWizard on 7/29/2010 2:45:47 PM

About the answer; you should NEVER use a tampon when your not on your period. The material the tampon is made out of sticks to your skin so you cant remove it until it obsorbbs water. Sorry! I dont use a tampon either!

by bailey.renae98 on 5/30/2010 10:04:56 PM

MOD MOD**
I'm not exactly sure of what PMS stands 4 not 2 sound weird but i have heard that it has something 2 do with your period i have mine is it bad???

hey girl, it stands for premenstrual syndrome. Don't worry about, it's just another word for your period.
Lauren R.

by icebreaker373 on 4/10/2010 9:09:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Sorry if this is an awkward question to answer, but I want to know if you could have any guess as to when I'll get my period. I'm going to be 13 in August so I'm at the "average age" to get it. I have hips and long legs and all that stuff. I have a size A cup too. The thing is, my mom didn't get hers until she was 15. I have some discharge every once in a while. Could you please help?

Hey girl, I can't tell you when you're going to get your period (wish I could but no one knows! The thing about every girl is that it comes at a different time). What I can tell you, however, is to be prepared with pads and to look out for signs of PMS the week before (discharge, cramps, migraine headaches, chest pain, mood swings, increased appetite and fatigue, etc.)

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by emmytwilightlover97 on 3/31/2010 11:38:09 PM

sick

by dancincarly125 on 1/10/2010 7:36:03 PM

I don't actually agree with the test-run advice. Taking out a dry tampon isn't exactly the best feeling. Just throwing that out there.

by Dancing_Queen1234 on 12/18/2009 11:14:26 PM

MOD MOD
Tong i chicken out every time i try! im a swimmer, so i have to!! Tong i hate wearing pads as well Tong can anyone give exra tips??

Hey girl! Sorry but you're going to have to learn to at least deal with pads and tampons. Tampons are necessary for you because you are a swimmer. If inserted right, you shouldn't even feel it.

xoxo

liz
Liz L.

by fastbutterflyer on 12/9/2009 4:11:46 PM

MOD!!
ok so my dance recital is in like 5 days and i know im about to get my period but im not exactly sure when its going to start because its not very consistent yet. i rly dont want to have to dance in a pad ugh but im also kinda afraid to talk to my mom about it and i dont know why!! any tips for bringing up the subject with her?

Hey babes, it doesnt hurt to be prepared! Try using a tampon. You only need it for a fwe hours then you can change out of your costume and put on a pad. Talking to moms about this stuff is tough but I would def just casually bring it up on the way to dance practice. xo JANA

jana k.

by ninjakitty09 on 12/1/2009 11:35:47 PM

hi is there anything that will make your flow lighter

by katiegirl773 on 11/30/2009 12:55:52 PM

MOD****MOD
also forgot to ask when you put the tampon in will you feel it or will you not even notice it what is the max. time to keep one in

hey girl! You shouldn't feel it once it's in. Also, you should change it every 4-6 hours.

xoxo