7 HOURS AGO RT @kelliberglund: So this insane basket of candy from @girlslifemag will be the death of me 🍭🍉 is this a good or bad thing..? http://t.cpic.twitter.com/JZOK8EZ3IB/…

8 HOURS AGO So you have an online crush—now what? http://t.co/eBmMKqi04G

11 HOURS AGO Rock earrings—without the piercing part: http://t.co/rbL8f0elte

COMMENTS

Bugged by mom's strict rules

My mom always has these really overprotective rules for me. I'm not allowed to date before I'm 16 and I can't walk around the mall...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok, next I need help with family issues. Honestly, it's mostly my mom. She has clinical depression. (My parents are divorced, btw) Lately she's been going out with a lot of guys, and whenever she forgets to log out of facebook I'll see these messages that are... gross. Inapropriate. It's driving me nuts because she is always so cranky and snappy and if I do one little thing wrong we'll get in a huge argument. I can be really stubborn, but so can she, and she NEVER gives up on a disagreement.
I don't really know how to end, but how do I deal with this? My life is so crazy right now.

Hey girlie,

I think it would be really helpful if you spoke with a trusted adult other than your mom, like an aunt or grandparent or teacher or guidance counselor about what you're feeling and what you and your mom are dealing with. They will be able to give you more detailed advice on your situation to help you get through this tough time. If you notice that your mom is in a bad mood, maybe you could use that as an opportunity to do something extra nice for her, like do a chore without being asked or grab her a treat next time you get dessert with your friends. If you show the love, she will be more likely to do so too! And try to respect her rules even if you don't agree with them--you'll demonstrate maturity next time you have an argument, and she'll be really impressed Smile

Meghan D.

by GoofyBall246 on 3/29/2013 10:37:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Hey girlie,

I can only imagine how tough things are for you. Because we wish you only the best, it’s extremely important that you speak to a trusted adult, such as a family member, doctor, guidance counselor, teacher, etc.

Also, for additional help, check out: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

, Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by GoofyBall246 on 3/29/2013 10:33:18 PM

by lauren1104 on 3/28/2013 8:26:55 PM

MODMODMOD
So my mom is suuper protective. I just started high school and she doesn't want me going out with friends (even to school events) without an adult. But 3 months ago I got a boyfriend, which majorly freaked her out. Now she's reading all of our texts and she just put some computer monitoring software on my laptop so we can't even skype without her watching. It's getting REALLY annoying but I don't know what to do! Please help.

hey! The tough truth of being a kid is that you can't get your parental units to do anything. You can however, try to open a dialogue with her about your feelings. Explain your side to her in a non-whiney, calm manner. Don't interrupt her or get angry even if she interrupts you or gets angry. That's unfair, but since she has all the power, it's in your best interest not to antagonize her. As in, you'll be more likely to get what you want if you act really, super mature. If she still says no, accept her decision gracefully. If she sees that you're not going to throw a fit for not getting your way, she'll be more likely to listen next time you want something. good luck!

Helen S.

by kaitiebeee123 on 3/21/2013 8:51:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!! please answer ASAP
1. Lately I've been addicted to painting my nails. What color should I do next? They're blue right now
2. The guy I like is almost like my best friend. He's super-protective, really sweet, and extremely funny. But I've only known him since Mardi Gras and he's 15. Plus, I think he likes my sister. I don't really think he likes me as anything more than a friend. But I don't really want him as a boyfriend either. I just like him. Is that weird??
3. I write stories in my notes on my phone. But then my mom reads them. And my stories are like a diary. How do I explain to her that I hate her reading them?? Btw, she's not really one to listen to me.

Hey girl, check out these GL nail posts for inspiration.  It's totes fine to have a lil' crush on someone, it's def not weird.  If you feel like your mom is violating your privacy, have a serious conversation with her and ask her to please stop.  Or, go old-school and get a paper notebook to write your stories in.  Keep it in a safe place in your room.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 3/7/2013 10:58:38 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
My friend keeps being really mean to me. I only know her at church but we're really good friends. But recently, she's brought a couple of her friends and they talk bad about me behind my back! It's really annoying. And one of her friends constantly glares at me, especially when I hang out with one of the guys I have a crush on, Zach. He and I laugh about the way she glares at me, and we stare back at her. It bothers me because my friend took her side. It hurts. What do I do to make her realize she's being mean??

There is nothing you can really do- you can't change her attitude. The best thing to do is just ignore her and still hang out with your friend! Maybe your friend will even realize how much better you are than her, just like Zach. She is most likely jealose of you.

mailyse f.

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 3/6/2013 1:23:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!! My parents keep irritateing me I used to be able to count on my brother but even he has abandoned meFrown It feels like my family is trying to take sides and I am not apart of it help

Hey girl! Families can be tough sometimes, but try keeping to yourself for a few days and letting everything blow over. Take a walk, read a good book, and drink some tea. You'll feel better in no time!

xo

Taeler L.

by beachheads1016 on 2/14/2013 8:00:34 PM

I've been dealing with a lot lately. My mom makes me wake myself up, go to bed at 10:30, and do my homework before i turn on the tv or laptop. But my sister is woken up almost every morning by my mom, goes to bed pretty much whenever, goes on her laptop/watches tv before and during homework, and sometimes doesn't finish her homework until 3am! But does my mom nag her about that? No! Instead she nags me when i turn on the tv when i'm almost done with homework, hits the snooze timer, or stays up a minute after my bedtime. Why does she nag ME? Like when I stay up to finish my favorite show, she comes out "GO TO BED". When I turn on the tv she comes out "Is your homework done?" And if I didn't finish, I'm afraid she'll the remote out of the window. When i couldn't fall asleep until almost 2am and sleep a little later, she gets all bent out of shape the rest of the day! Why does his happen to me? Why does my sister get special treatment? She's 18 and im 12. Only 6 years apart! Help!

by lauren1104 on 2/7/2013 6:25:45 PM

Mod Mod Mod
My mom is very strict about me going places. I want to go to this ice cream thing next friday. i want to go really bad because it is suppost to be really fun. problem is my mom wants to tag along. it from 6 to 10 and she wants to sit in the parking lot for 4 hours. i dont know if i should go or not. i dont want her to tag along. i fell like she doesnt trust me. what should i do????
thanks

Hey girlie,

I know it's hard, but try to understand where your mom is coming from! She is only wanting to go because she loves you and wants you to be safe. If she's in the parking lot, no one would know except you, so don't let that stop you from going! It would probably also make her sad if you said that you didn't want to go because she would be there. Thank her for caring about you and offer to bring her some ice cream on your way out, and have a great time with your friends!

Meghan D.

by kay333 on 2/4/2013 6:38:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I seriously need your help. Badly. My mom is way to strict. She makes me do things I don't wanna do! She's making me go to a private school I don't want to go to! She's also making me move into my sisters room. She knows very well that I don't get along with this sister and she's making me move Into her closet for a room. She treats me like trash. Every time I try to talk to her about things that bother me,, she gives me sarcastic and nasty remarks. Then she complains to other parents that I hate her. Well u wonder why? She won't take me anywhere either. I ask her nicely and she doesn't feel like driving. Please help!!

Helen S.