Bridget M.

is modding

7 HOURS AGO 6 heart-pumpin' holiday jams to jam out to: http://t.co/ZcwVtiUtBF

10 HOURS AGO Tired of people thinking you're the dumb girl? http://t.co/H9Pby1wY88

11 HOURS AGO Gorgeous winter skin in just 4 easy steps: http://t.co/ZkWi31pHvW

COMMENTS

Bugged by mom's strict rules

My mom always has these really overprotective rules for me. I'm not allowed to date before I'm 16 and I can't walk around the mall...

Sorry, this is off topic but I am a guy and I'm gay and feel like I should have been born a girl so do you think it's okay for me to have an account on here. Please be honest.

Hey Damionjay, if you identify with the subjects that are posted on this site, and truly feel like a girl, then yes you should have an account. Welcome to GL!! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Damionjay on 12/28/2012 2:26:40 AM

My mom is a little strict with makeup. I am 11 and only allowed to wear, eyeshadow, blush, lipstick, lipgloss,lipliner. It is really annoying. I have been trying to beg her for mascara but she wont budge! She said ill be allowed to wear it and 16.
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Chezliah on 12/25/2012 10:07:53 PM

wow, sounds tough. even though there arent any fool-proof ways to get your mom to let you date, i have some suggestions that may help to soften her up. try showing her how responsible you are by babysitting younger siblings,cleaning up around the house, or anything that shows that you are responsible. if your boyfriend is older than you or not very responsible, then that is probably a factor that is contributing to your mom's refusal. also, try talking to her. holding a friendly family discussion will also be a way to show her how responsible you are. don't cry, whine,beg,or yell, because that will make you appear irresponsible.instead, try to negotiate with her, or make proper plans. thanks! i hope my advice is helpful to you.

by chartheprincess on 12/20/2012 2:25:27 PM

My older brother hits me for no reason. He doesn't mean it in a mean way, he thinks it's funny. He hurts me and won't stop. Sometimes I just yell at him to stop hitting me. My mom just goes."Don't hit her." not even all the time, only when I get her attention. It's come to the point where i almost don't want him to come home for the holidays anymore. Someone tell me what to do, but don't suggest counseling or saying "I know you really love me" because that won't work. He really needs to stop, he gives me bruises; he's 19 and still a child, he doesn't seem to get that I don't like it. Help!

by colorado<3er on 12/19/2012 9:33:30 PM

Please me. I don't know who I am; I'm 14 and still developing. I have no idea how to take care of myself. I want to be pretty, skinny, smart, have no pimples, have no anger problems or insecurity. I have no idea how to get to know my own person. My eyebrows are starting to grow bigger and I feel like Im getting a unibrow, i have hairs on my arms pits, and down there.... their long and it disgust me. When i get my peridoe is a disaster! I want to be girly and have a cute and unique sense of style before high school and change right now, expect I dont know how to, please help me! I also want guys to notice me because being the invisable just isnt working! Think of me as the uglest doll no one wants to buy it, i want to change without being a fake. MOD MOD MOD PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

What makes me sad most of all is that you want to be all of these things because of media. I don't want to lecture you hon, but just because you see it on a tv commercial or in a tv show it doesn't mean real life is like that at all. I had acne all my teenage years. I still have it! And I'm 21. I was never very moody, but I had my sad days. I was always fairly skinny until one day I filled out and now I'm pretty curvy. It's a constant changing thing that's never ever perfect. No one's perfect! So why do you think you have to be? I think being perfect is boring. I would rather be me. And I personally think you sounds awesome. You should try and see yourself in the same light. We ALL have insecurities. But try and focus on the things you like about yourself and you'll begin to feel better. Who cares that my eyes are super dark brown and kinda boring when I have awesome red hair. Being positive is what it's all about! Plus in time you'll find out exactly who you are - its the journey to that discovery that is the fun part. Good luck hon. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Angelsfall on 12/4/2012 10:49:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm so tired. But I don't think I should sleep more. I stayed home from school today cause I was sick,so I slept until like 3pm! Then I ate only soup for lunch cause my throat hurts- I watched a movie then I went to bed again and I just woke up again now. Isn't that waaayyyyy to much time sleeping? Is that healthy? What should I do?

Hey girl,

If you are sick, you deserve to rest and that is normal during sickness! Focus on resting and getting better Smile

Meghan D.

by swifty#1 on 12/3/2012 8:49:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
When I was bullied in 6th grade, I changed a lot; I decided to be emo. But now I'm in 8th grade and I want to change. I don't know who I am, but I do know who I want to be; I want to be a smart, pretty girl. I hate my sense of fashion and my additude. You know when you're stress you crack your head? Well I do that about 20 times per hour or so. It just feels like I have the weight of the world! Also when I get mad at a little kid, I like want to hit them, I don't know why or where this behavier I'm getting came from. PLEASE HELP ME! How can I lose this anger issue? How can I dress pretty? How can I be smart!? I want to be a pretty, smart, skinny, reader, writer, and have a passion for music and kids. Please Help! I suppose I'm ask how can I be like a 'girly girl'?

Hey girl,

Don't be so hard on yourself! You can be whoever you want to be. If you are going through stress and anger issues, you should speak with a counselor or doctor because they have professional advice that can help you a lot more than I can. It's cool to be girly if that's what you're into, but you should do whatever is true to you, not what you think other people will like. If you wear what you want and what makes you happy, you will feel pretty and be confident! And if you want to do better in school, talk to your teachers about study habits and ways you can get ahead in class, like focusing on an area of study or doing some extra credit work. But you should speak with a trusted adult to sort out everything you're going through--they can really help you out!

Meghan D.

by Angelsfall on 12/1/2012 11:02:03 PM

My family is really thinking about moving and here latly thats all they talk about i feel like i`m being forgotten what do i do?

Hey girl,

While moving might be out of your control, you definitely deserve to let your parents know how you feel. Ask to talk with them about your opinions, and be sure to listen to theirs too! Moving is stressful for everyone, so try to respect their opinion and ask them to respect what you're going through as well.

Meghan D.

by megangirl23 on 11/30/2012 9:30:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
What is the difference between being cute, hot, and gorgeous? Like what is the difference? Thanks

Hey girl, all are good qualities and are pretty subjective (and sometimes synonyms). Different guys may call you different ones, but generally gorgeous is beautiful or stunning, cute is adorable and more sweet and hot is more sex-appeal/physical or revealing in appearance.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Emilicious on 11/26/2012 9:07:53 PM

My mom, two sister, and I are trying to get away from my verbally abusive, and maybe even physically abusive towrds my mom, father. The thing is, we do not have very much money and we don't know where to go. Our friends and other family have been driven away (by my father) so that's out of the question. What do we do? Any suggestions?

Hey girl, that's a toughie, and I'd suggest talking to a guidance counselor about what you're going through. This is a very adult situation, and it calls for the help of a professional (or several). Best of luck and hang in there! Don't give up and just settle for a dangerous situation.

xoxo