8 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

11 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

12 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

Bugged by mom's strict rules

My mom always has these really overprotective rules for me. I'm not allowed to date before I'm 16 and I can't walk around the mall...

Hey don't worry she'll come around, my mom just didn't realize how grown up I was. If your dad can't help try talking to someone you trust to advocate for you. I was twelve and a half and seriously need a shave, a real bra, and some serious acne cream and cover up. My mom said I was too young. I told my grandma what was going on and she talked to my mom about it. She would casually say she's getting so big, but I think she needs a bra. Or, honey let me look at those long legs,ooh there's hair their. A Month later I was clean shaved, pimpled down and padded up.

by arg5890 on 11/26/2012 5:50:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
What if your mother doesnt give you any bending in the rules AT ALL. I'm a senior in high school and i cant be out past 9 on a school night or any night, and cant be alone at any time with a guy. how do i loosen the reigns??

Hey girlie, remind your mother that you've never broken her trust. Try doing some extra chores around the house to prove to her that you deserve it if you want to stay out later one night.

Lauren T.

by Cherries51 on 11/25/2012 7:21:59 PM

schooled: guys how to's
ok hi so i can help you with guys. like i can help when they say they love you and go say that to a girl you do not know or if you like a guy and you wish he likes you or if he likes you but you would like to just be friends i can help you!
I NEED: A VP, TREASURER, AND SECRETARY! I also have a book and movie lover of the week! please join! thanks.

by messy-luv's-you on 11/24/2012 10:24:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay, so I just turned 13 and in bras I'm a size 34A/34B. I want to start shopping at Victoria's Secret, but how do I tell that to my mom? Shes one of those moms who don't realize that their kids are growing up unless they're forced to think about it. All my friends shop there and it's awkward when we change for gym in the locker room when they have bras from there yet I have one of those plain ones from Kohls or something. And I'm afraid if I do tell my mom, she'll just laugh or something. So how do I bring it up in a way that makes it seem important but not a big deal at the same time? Thanks so much!

Hey girl,

I would just tell your mom that you want a bra for its support and say that she could help you pick one out that is age appropriate! If you include her in the decision, she would be more likely to say yes. But there's nothing to be ashamed of about a plain bra--no one sees them under your clothes, so as long as it's getting the job done, there's nothing to be embarrassed of!

Meghan D.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 11/24/2012 9:08:55 PM

Hey please please click on my name and check out my club! All info is over there! Thanks!

by puddinface7 on 11/24/2012 7:22:05 PM

My mom is the same way! I have all of those rules and more. I know how you feel

by galegirl on 11/23/2012 12:27:35 PM

Hey girls! My name's Maggie and I love giving advice Smile Comment on my profile about absolutely anything and I'll respond with a well thought out response ASAP ;) I'm on girlslife.com almost everyday so don't worry I won't keep you waiting.
Soo yeah if you've got a problem or question or WHATEVER you can always come to me Smile!

by maggie183 on 11/22/2012 8:07:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I don't feel like my Parents accept me. Scratch that, my WHOLE family. I feel like they pick on me, im not bullied... at school but at home it seems like they don't like the way I am. Parents call me an idiot when I don't understand something, and it starts getting to me no matter how hard I try to tell myself im smart. I hear them talking about me, sometimes, in a way no one wants. Also, my big bro who smokes POT, isn't Virgin, and fails school (Where I get sick near a cigar or alcohol, plan on adopting, and get all A's and B's) also takes part with calling me an idiot and making fun of me to my grandparents. 3 people have called me smart, none my parents. I cant keep telling myself im smart and im a good person... I stopped believing myself no matter HOW hard I try... please help meCry

Hey Chica, telly our parent's how it's making you feel. They may not realize they are hurting you. Look to your friends for support.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by napstarr on 11/22/2012 2:35:27 AM

If someone says Lassie and a dog DOESN'T come to mind, join the Psych fan club!

by katgirly on 11/21/2012 10:41:23 AM

ATTENION:
CURLY or WAVY haired girls. join my club: Curls go curls.
this is not a club for girls who want to curl their hair but people who have it as a natural texture. any questions about curly hair post onto my profile. JOIN TODAY!!

by briana13 on 11/20/2012 8:48:48 PM