12 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

13 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

14 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

Bugged by mom's strict rules

My mom always has these really overprotective rules for me. I'm not allowed to date before I'm 16 and I can't walk around the mall...

Wow gurl my mom is the same way. She wont even let me date until im 16 either and dad doesnt want me to date anytime soon.

by hsausa on 10/22/2009 5:58:35 PM

i am going through the same thing as you!! my mother wont let wear makeup, have a phone, a boyfriend or going to the mall by myself and friends until i am sixteen. why? cuz my sister didn't do any of those things until she was sixteen. i respect my mom and love her and at times shes really cool!!

by baby_girl567 on 10/18/2009 6:45:31 PM

PLEASE DON'T READ THIS, YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST POSSIBLE FRIDAY BY THE LOVER OF YOUR LIFE. TOMMORROW WILL BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS, DON'T STOP, THIS IS FREAKY.

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by ashton062698 on 10/17/2009 2:40:18 PM

MOD MOD-My Mom Changed on Me. My mom used to be so strict when it came to friends, boys and watching certain movies and tv programs. And she used to be super strict about me using the internet. But she has done a total turn around on me and now sort of still watches what I do but lets me do so many things. And she has become very open about boys and other things. Any idea why she made such a change? I know my aunt was thinking she was to strict before and they talked, could that be part of it? I can do a lot of things and watch a lot of things that my friends cant, where before it was just the opposite.

Hey girl!  I think your aunt's talk with her could def have had an impact.  It may have helped your mom to realize how much more mature you are than she realized.  But if things are good between you two, don't sweat it.  Best, Kristen

Kristen Y.

by luckykel on 10/11/2009 5:29:23 PM

dude i guess ur going to keep bugging her untill she gives in......

by dancebff9 on 10/10/2009 11:21:51 AM

My mom is overprotective too! But, whenever she tells me no, I usually see why, but I'm in denial. I couldn't spend the night on two occasions because she didn't want me to! So, yeah. Been there, and still doing it.
If you would, please check out my profile. Thanks!

by Pamethyst on 10/9/2009 7:18:02 PM

MOD
my parents are super strict! i know they just wanna protect me, but i'm very responsible! i get all A's and listen to them. i just wish i had more freedom to go places w/ my friends, parties, sleepovers, and stuff like that. also, because they were born in a different country which had a different culture, they expect to CHOOSE who I marry. which means i'm NEVER allowed to date. if i try to talk to them about dating they'll think i'm gonnna rebel or something and get STRICTER. i'd have to date behind their backs and that's wrong. they're ruining my life! what should i do!

by twlight4eva on 10/9/2009 12:35:13 PM

1. Say ur name 10x
2. Say ur mom's name 5x
3. Say ur crushes name 3x
4. then paste this in 4 other spots, if you do this your crush will kiss you on the nearest friday

by evarocks1234 on 10/8/2009 5:26:05 PM

Omg that u sound just like me cuz my mom doesnt like one of my friends just cuz she is a little less mature than me and she thinks that all shes going to do is help and convince me to make bad dicisions. So i cant go to her house and she cant come to my house. i think another reason it that my friends mom is a little u no.... wacky so.... Me and my friend hang as much as we can at school but that doesnt seem like enough and i really want to have her over but i cant cuz my mom and dad r totally against it..

by crazy4softball1 on 10/8/2009 2:35:43 PM