2 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

6 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

7 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

Bugged by mom's strict rules

My mom always has these really overprotective rules for me. I'm not allowed to date before I'm 16 and I can't walk around the mall...

yeah it isnt that my parents dont trust me but it isn't always safe.

by soccerbee683 on 10/2/2009 5:09:44 PM

my parents wont let me walk around with just my friends. but not because they dont trust me. teenagers and kids get kidnapped ALL the time at malls. did you know there are people who wait around in malls just waiting to kidnap people? i still want to be able to be more independent but i understand why they have the rules that they do.

by yeparooni342 on 10/1/2009 10:30:22 PM

Hey chica
This used to be me, my mom would never let me go to friends houses, have a facebook, and make me babysit my brothers basically everyweekend!
This has changed drastically for me, since last year (eighth grade) I have completely matured in every possible way, and that makes parents proud!
I'm serious!!

by Shopbballbri on 9/29/2009 10:31:43 PM

MODDDDD.
Okay, so I've been playing basketball since 6th grade and I'm in ninth grade now. I'm doing cheerleading right now, and my coach is also the winter-guard coach; today she told me I should join winter guard when it comes around. I actually want to do it, too! Today I told my mom that I wanted to do Winter Guard and she flat out said "No, you're doing basketball. You can't get a scholarship for cheerleading or winter guard," then she basically said they're both a waste of time.
This makes me mad because I should get to choose, it's my life! I don't even want to do basketball

Hey babe, this sounds like a tough sitch. Try explaining to your mom why it is you want to do winter guard and what it is that appeals to you. If you're persistent and mature in talking to her, she should come around...just give her a little time and maybe have your coach talk to her if she agrees to it.
katelin s.

by Shopbballbri on 9/29/2009 10:28:20 PM

Mod, My moms leaving for iraq soon and i'm wooried. She's gone for a year and i haven't told anyone, i can't find myself too. How can i survive the year because after that year my mom wants to move overseas again? thanks(:

Hey babe, that sounds like a really tough sitch. Try to talk to your mom as much as possible before she goes about how you're feeling. I'm sure she's feeling a little anxious about leaving you as well. Opening up to a school counselor is a good idea because when your mom leaves, the counselor will still be around to listen when you need to talk.
katelin s.

by evolution_of_love_and_music(: on 9/29/2009 9:55:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD!my prents wont let me have a cell phone or IM!pretty much everyone in my grade has one!its like they have something against communication!!!!!

Hey girl! You could ask them if could could have a email address.

Eryn G.

by kayc1111 on 9/29/2009 4:16:57 PM

Hey girlie! This has happened with me too. What you can do is show your mom that you're responsible: do your chores before you're asked, finish your homework, make sure to be hanging out with a respectable crowd, and maybe she'll be a little more lenient! xo

by annagurl on 9/29/2009 4:07:26 PM

My mom is like that too so I know how you feel!

by twilight4-ever on 9/29/2009 12:42:52 PM

MOD
okay i wanna talk to my mom about the whole dating thing, but the truth is im scared.....I try to but she looks at me like i have done something wronge when i try to bring it up.....I wanna have my BGF (best guy friend) over...but my mom said once that he could come over if she watchs us..But he is not from here he lives in a town NOT far from here...and she is like how do you know him...he is my best friends cousin..and we meet and have been friends for months... im afraid to bring it up again..i dont know WHAT she will say this time..(I'm a teenager) dont you think it would be okay if i have guy friends over.... HELP (SORRY SO LONG)

Hey babe,

Once you have an open conversation with her, you'll be able to get all these things sorted out. It might be awkward to get the conversation started but this will be a great chance for you to figure out what her rules are and if you can make a few compromises with her to maybe get a chance to have some guy friends over.

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by dancer0396 on 9/28/2009 9:45:28 PM

i like my best guyy friend. but not allowed to date. im real responsibile and i am suppper smart. but my mom doesnt even listen to me. help!!!!!

by emily99 on 9/28/2009 9:23:19 PM