Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO The secret to making the perfect potato pancakes: http://t.co/KkKtFd0zZH

1 HOURS AGO 5 ways to take bobby pins just went from basic to classy: http://t.co/ZUm5Wvfg8W

3 HOURS AGO 5 adorable party dresses for plus-sized babes: http://t.co/JRPUNoYxjl

COMMENTS

Bugged by mom's strict rules

My mom always has these really overprotective rules for me. I'm not allowed to date before I'm 16 and I can't walk around the mall...

Yeah, at least you dont live in Trinidad (its a counrty in the caribbean, next to Venezuela) We have soooo much crime here! All my friends go places and i cant!

by onelovelyliz101 on 9/28/2009 8:54:33 PM

This is exactly how my dad is! I can't date until I'm 16 and can't go anywhere with friends until I'm 16. I can't comprimize with him because he won't listen! Grrrrr!

by whitesparrow23 on 9/28/2009 3:36:29 PM

Im not allowed 2 date till im 16 either and i hate that rule but if ur mom knows she can trust u then maybe she'll let u date!

by catieskyler on 9/28/2009 11:46:27 AM

wow i just noticed how awsome my mom is. im 12 btw, and she lets me fly on an airplane by myself to spend the break at a reletives house. she lets me take a taxi to go shopping by myself. she gave me a cellphone since i was in 3rd grade. and she drives me to my BGF's house just to chill out.

by jecca_12 on 9/28/2009 5:25:59 AM

MOD! i have these really cute skinny jeans,but i dont wear them. They have this kind of material that smells like something burnt.ive washed them 4 times already(with other clothes,i dont waste water) but it still smells. Any suggestion? ThankssSmile

Hey girlie! That's so weird. Try Febreeze maybe? Maybe spray some perfume on them and give them one more wash!

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by stephaniee:) on 9/27/2009 11:12:08 PM

Mod!! I'm a freshman in high school and I joined the marching band. We had a pep rally friday for homecoming and the whole percussion section had face paint on. The older guys were pressuring me to put it on, but I didn't want them to, even when they tried to get some on me. The thing is, I won't give in to peer pressure, but the section leader knows my brother since they are in the same grade, and I don't want something like this to happen to me again. How can I stand up to them if this does happen again? I kept saying no and walked away from them, but it didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Hey missy, since you already made it obvious, that you weren't going to give in to them, and they continued pressuring you, you may have to tell the band leader. Sometimes bullies will only stop if a higher authority makes them.

Lynae P.

by hannahmontanafana on 9/27/2009 2:24:28 PM

the mall thing is retarded. I think she shuld give u more freedom there...and for the BF thing...i have almost the same rule..it is kinda normal these days. But good advice. Hey chek my profile out! Smile Smile

by blondechica21 on 9/27/2009 12:44:37 PM

MOD
What should I do? One of my close friends who is my age and always comes to our sleep overs and who I always hang out with just found out that she may be pregnant. My mom really likes her and has even told me how happy she is that she is my friend. But now I am so afraid what my mom will do if she finds out she is pregnant if its true. I think my mom will just become extremely strict with me. Do you think my mom will just accept it or will she maybe put extremely strict rules on me and tell me to stop hanging around with her?

Hey girl, I hope that your mom does something in between and tries to help your friend out. But worry about that when it comes and for now be there for your friend because chances are she's very scared right now and needs your support. I hope this all works out. Best, Miliana

Miliana B.

by luckykel on 9/27/2009 9:35:29 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Omg! This is a lot like my mom, except my mom is way more strict then that. I'm not allowed to wear makeup until i'm 16 or date until i'm 16, and I'm not allowed to have a cell phone until I'm 16, and even then it has to be a track phone. I'm probably the most responsible out of all my friends that can have those things, but she doesn't care! And even worse, my brother is allowed to have a cell phone and she pays for it, and he's allowed to date and he's only 13! How is this fair in any way? What can I do? there is no compromising... and I'd hate to have to sneak around behind her back.

Talk to your mom. Bring up the point about your brother and how its unfair that he's allowed to date but you arn't. Be respectful and let your mom know exactly how you feel. You need to be respectful of her though and listen to her opinions. Good luck girly! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by mini_girl on 9/26/2009 11:02:06 PM

Be mature about this and politely ask your parents for more freedom. They need to realize that your aren't their little todler anymore.

Check out my profile; I give the best advice!

God Bless!