AN HOUR AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

2 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz What kind of friends does your personality attract? http://t.co/RQkbRjeZXx

3 HOURS AGO Our makeup musts we always have going BTS: http://t.co/WE5hijGzT8

COMMENTS

Bugged by mom's strict rules

My mom always has these really overprotective rules for me. I'm not allowed to date before I'm 16 and I can't walk around the mall...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok, next I need help with family issues. Honestly, it's mostly my mom. She has clinical depression. (My parents are divorced, btw) Lately she's been going out with a lot of guys, and whenever she forgets to log out of facebook I'll see these messages that are... gross. Inapropriate. It's driving me nuts because she is always so cranky and snappy and if I do one little thing wrong we'll get in a huge argument. I can be really stubborn, but so can she, and she NEVER gives up on a disagreement.
I don't really know how to end, but how do I deal with this? My life is so crazy right now.

Hey girlie,

I think it would be really helpful if you spoke with a trusted adult other than your mom, like an aunt or grandparent or teacher or guidance counselor about what you're feeling and what you and your mom are dealing with. They will be able to give you more detailed advice on your situation to help you get through this tough time. If you notice that your mom is in a bad mood, maybe you could use that as an opportunity to do something extra nice for her, like do a chore without being asked or grab her a treat next time you get dessert with your friends. If you show the love, she will be more likely to do so too! And try to respect her rules even if you don't agree with them--you'll demonstrate maturity next time you have an argument, and she'll be really impressed Smile

Meghan D.

by GoofyBall246 on 3/29/2013 10:37:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Hey girlie,

I can only imagine how tough things are for you. Because we wish you only the best, it’s extremely important that you speak to a trusted adult, such as a family member, doctor, guidance counselor, teacher, etc.

Also, for additional help, check out: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

, Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by GoofyBall246 on 3/29/2013 10:33:18 PM

by lauren1104 on 3/28/2013 8:26:55 PM

MODMODMOD
So my mom is suuper protective. I just started high school and she doesn't want me going out with friends (even to school events) without an adult. But 3 months ago I got a boyfriend, which majorly freaked her out. Now she's reading all of our texts and she just put some computer monitoring software on my laptop so we can't even skype without her watching. It's getting REALLY annoying but I don't know what to do! Please help.

hey! The tough truth of being a kid is that you can't get your parental units to do anything. You can however, try to open a dialogue with her about your feelings. Explain your side to her in a non-whiney, calm manner. Don't interrupt her or get angry even if she interrupts you or gets angry. That's unfair, but since she has all the power, it's in your best interest not to antagonize her. As in, you'll be more likely to get what you want if you act really, super mature. If she still says no, accept her decision gracefully. If she sees that you're not going to throw a fit for not getting your way, she'll be more likely to listen next time you want something. good luck!

Helen S.

by kaitiebeee123 on 3/21/2013 8:51:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!! please answer ASAP
1. Lately I've been addicted to painting my nails. What color should I do next? They're blue right now
2. The guy I like is almost like my best friend. He's super-protective, really sweet, and extremely funny. But I've only known him since Mardi Gras and he's 15. Plus, I think he likes my sister. I don't really think he likes me as anything more than a friend. But I don't really want him as a boyfriend either. I just like him. Is that weird??
3. I write stories in my notes on my phone. But then my mom reads them. And my stories are like a diary. How do I explain to her that I hate her reading them?? Btw, she's not really one to listen to me.

Hey girl, check out these GL nail posts for inspiration.  It's totes fine to have a lil' crush on someone, it's def not weird.  If you feel like your mom is violating your privacy, have a serious conversation with her and ask her to please stop.  Or, go old-school and get a paper notebook to write your stories in.  Keep it in a safe place in your room.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 3/7/2013 10:58:38 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
My friend keeps being really mean to me. I only know her at church but we're really good friends. But recently, she's brought a couple of her friends and they talk bad about me behind my back! It's really annoying. And one of her friends constantly glares at me, especially when I hang out with one of the guys I have a crush on, Zach. He and I laugh about the way she glares at me, and we stare back at her. It bothers me because my friend took her side. It hurts. What do I do to make her realize she's being mean??

There is nothing you can really do- you can't change her attitude. The best thing to do is just ignore her and still hang out with your friend! Maybe your friend will even realize how much better you are than her, just like Zach. She is most likely jealose of you.

mailyse f.

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 3/6/2013 1:23:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!! My parents keep irritateing me I used to be able to count on my brother but even he has abandoned meFrown It feels like my family is trying to take sides and I am not apart of it help

Hey girl! Families can be tough sometimes, but try keeping to yourself for a few days and letting everything blow over. Take a walk, read a good book, and drink some tea. You'll feel better in no time!

xo

Taeler L.

by beachheads1016 on 2/14/2013 8:00:34 PM

I've been dealing with a lot lately. My mom makes me wake myself up, go to bed at 10:30, and do my homework before i turn on the tv or laptop. But my sister is woken up almost every morning by my mom, goes to bed pretty much whenever, goes on her laptop/watches tv before and during homework, and sometimes doesn't finish her homework until 3am! But does my mom nag her about that? No! Instead she nags me when i turn on the tv when i'm almost done with homework, hits the snooze timer, or stays up a minute after my bedtime. Why does she nag ME? Like when I stay up to finish my favorite show, she comes out "GO TO BED". When I turn on the tv she comes out "Is your homework done?" And if I didn't finish, I'm afraid she'll the remote out of the window. When i couldn't fall asleep until almost 2am and sleep a little later, she gets all bent out of shape the rest of the day! Why does his happen to me? Why does my sister get special treatment? She's 18 and im 12. Only 6 years apart! Help!

by lauren1104 on 2/7/2013 6:25:45 PM

Mod Mod Mod
My mom is very strict about me going places. I want to go to this ice cream thing next friday. i want to go really bad because it is suppost to be really fun. problem is my mom wants to tag along. it from 6 to 10 and she wants to sit in the parking lot for 4 hours. i dont know if i should go or not. i dont want her to tag along. i fell like she doesnt trust me. what should i do????
thanks

Hey girlie,

I know it's hard, but try to understand where your mom is coming from! She is only wanting to go because she loves you and wants you to be safe. If she's in the parking lot, no one would know except you, so don't let that stop you from going! It would probably also make her sad if you said that you didn't want to go because she would be there. Thank her for caring about you and offer to bring her some ice cream on your way out, and have a great time with your friends!

Meghan D.

by kay333 on 2/4/2013 6:38:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I seriously need your help. Badly. My mom is way to strict. She makes me do things I don't wanna do! She's making me go to a private school I don't want to go to! She's also making me move into my sisters room. She knows very well that I don't get along with this sister and she's making me move Into her closet for a room. She treats me like trash. Every time I try to talk to her about things that bother me,, she gives me sarcastic and nasty remarks. Then she complains to other parents that I hate her. Well u wonder why? She won't take me anywhere either. I ask her nicely and she doesn't feel like driving. Please help!!

Helen S.

by KatieBieber on 1/12/2013 2:05:18 PM

Sorry, this is off topic but I am a guy and I'm gay and feel like I should have been born a girl so do you think it's okay for me to have an account on here. Please be honest.

Hey Damionjay, if you identify with the subjects that are posted on this site, and truly feel like a girl, then yes you should have an account. Welcome to GL!! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Damionjay on 12/28/2012 2:26:40 AM

My mom is a little strict with makeup. I am 11 and only allowed to wear, eyeshadow, blush, lipstick, lipgloss,lipliner. It is really annoying. I have been trying to beg her for mascara but she wont budge! She said ill be allowed to wear it and 16.
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Chezliah on 12/25/2012 10:07:53 PM

wow, sounds tough. even though there arent any fool-proof ways to get your mom to let you date, i have some suggestions that may help to soften her up. try showing her how responsible you are by babysitting younger siblings,cleaning up around the house, or anything that shows that you are responsible. if your boyfriend is older than you or not very responsible, then that is probably a factor that is contributing to your mom's refusal. also, try talking to her. holding a friendly family discussion will also be a way to show her how responsible you are. don't cry, whine,beg,or yell, because that will make you appear irresponsible.instead, try to negotiate with her, or make proper plans. thanks! i hope my advice is helpful to you.

by chartheprincess on 12/20/2012 2:25:27 PM

My older brother hits me for no reason. He doesn't mean it in a mean way, he thinks it's funny. He hurts me and won't stop. Sometimes I just yell at him to stop hitting me. My mom just goes."Don't hit her." not even all the time, only when I get her attention. It's come to the point where i almost don't want him to come home for the holidays anymore. Someone tell me what to do, but don't suggest counseling or saying "I know you really love me" because that won't work. He really needs to stop, he gives me bruises; he's 19 and still a child, he doesn't seem to get that I don't like it. Help!

by colorado<3er on 12/19/2012 9:33:30 PM

Please me. I don't know who I am; I'm 14 and still developing. I have no idea how to take care of myself. I want to be pretty, skinny, smart, have no pimples, have no anger problems or insecurity. I have no idea how to get to know my own person. My eyebrows are starting to grow bigger and I feel like Im getting a unibrow, i have hairs on my arms pits, and down there.... their long and it disgust me. When i get my peridoe is a disaster! I want to be girly and have a cute and unique sense of style before high school and change right now, expect I dont know how to, please help me! I also want guys to notice me because being the invisable just isnt working! Think of me as the uglest doll no one wants to buy it, i want to change without being a fake. MOD MOD MOD PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

What makes me sad most of all is that you want to be all of these things because of media. I don't want to lecture you hon, but just because you see it on a tv commercial or in a tv show it doesn't mean real life is like that at all. I had acne all my teenage years. I still have it! And I'm 21. I was never very moody, but I had my sad days. I was always fairly skinny until one day I filled out and now I'm pretty curvy. It's a constant changing thing that's never ever perfect. No one's perfect! So why do you think you have to be? I think being perfect is boring. I would rather be me. And I personally think you sounds awesome. You should try and see yourself in the same light. We ALL have insecurities. But try and focus on the things you like about yourself and you'll begin to feel better. Who cares that my eyes are super dark brown and kinda boring when I have awesome red hair. Being positive is what it's all about! Plus in time you'll find out exactly who you are - its the journey to that discovery that is the fun part. Good luck hon. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Angelsfall on 12/4/2012 10:49:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm so tired. But I don't think I should sleep more. I stayed home from school today cause I was sick,so I slept until like 3pm! Then I ate only soup for lunch cause my throat hurts- I watched a movie then I went to bed again and I just woke up again now. Isn't that waaayyyyy to much time sleeping? Is that healthy? What should I do?

Hey girl,

If you are sick, you deserve to rest and that is normal during sickness! Focus on resting and getting better Smile

Meghan D.

by swifty#1 on 12/3/2012 8:49:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
When I was bullied in 6th grade, I changed a lot; I decided to be emo. But now I'm in 8th grade and I want to change. I don't know who I am, but I do know who I want to be; I want to be a smart, pretty girl. I hate my sense of fashion and my additude. You know when you're stress you crack your head? Well I do that about 20 times per hour or so. It just feels like I have the weight of the world! Also when I get mad at a little kid, I like want to hit them, I don't know why or where this behavier I'm getting came from. PLEASE HELP ME! How can I lose this anger issue? How can I dress pretty? How can I be smart!? I want to be a pretty, smart, skinny, reader, writer, and have a passion for music and kids. Please Help! I suppose I'm ask how can I be like a 'girly girl'?

Hey girl,

Don't be so hard on yourself! You can be whoever you want to be. If you are going through stress and anger issues, you should speak with a counselor or doctor because they have professional advice that can help you a lot more than I can. It's cool to be girly if that's what you're into, but you should do whatever is true to you, not what you think other people will like. If you wear what you want and what makes you happy, you will feel pretty and be confident! And if you want to do better in school, talk to your teachers about study habits and ways you can get ahead in class, like focusing on an area of study or doing some extra credit work. But you should speak with a trusted adult to sort out everything you're going through--they can really help you out!

Meghan D.

by Angelsfall on 12/1/2012 11:02:03 PM

My family is really thinking about moving and here latly thats all they talk about i feel like i`m being forgotten what do i do?

Hey girl,

While moving might be out of your control, you definitely deserve to let your parents know how you feel. Ask to talk with them about your opinions, and be sure to listen to theirs too! Moving is stressful for everyone, so try to respect their opinion and ask them to respect what you're going through as well.

Meghan D.

by megangirl23 on 11/30/2012 9:30:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
What is the difference between being cute, hot, and gorgeous? Like what is the difference? Thanks

Hey girl, all are good qualities and are pretty subjective (and sometimes synonyms). Different guys may call you different ones, but generally gorgeous is beautiful or stunning, cute is adorable and more sweet and hot is more sex-appeal/physical or revealing in appearance.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Emilicious on 11/26/2012 9:07:53 PM

My mom, two sister, and I are trying to get away from my verbally abusive, and maybe even physically abusive towrds my mom, father. The thing is, we do not have very much money and we don't know where to go. Our friends and other family have been driven away (by my father) so that's out of the question. What do we do? Any suggestions?

Hey girl, that's a toughie, and I'd suggest talking to a guidance counselor about what you're going through. This is a very adult situation, and it calls for the help of a professional (or several). Best of luck and hang in there! Don't give up and just settle for a dangerous situation.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by fluffy4eva on 11/26/2012 7:59:21 PM

Hey don't worry she'll come around, my mom just didn't realize how grown up I was. If your dad can't help try talking to someone you trust to advocate for you. I was twelve and a half and seriously need a shave, a real bra, and some serious acne cream and cover up. My mom said I was too young. I told my grandma what was going on and she talked to my mom about it. She would casually say she's getting so big, but I think she needs a bra. Or, honey let me look at those long legs,ooh there's hair their. A Month later I was clean shaved, pimpled down and padded up.

by arg5890 on 11/26/2012 5:50:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
What if your mother doesnt give you any bending in the rules AT ALL. I'm a senior in high school and i cant be out past 9 on a school night or any night, and cant be alone at any time with a guy. how do i loosen the reigns??

Hey girlie, remind your mother that you've never broken her trust. Try doing some extra chores around the house to prove to her that you deserve it if you want to stay out later one night.

Lauren T.

by Cherries51 on 11/25/2012 7:21:59 PM

schooled: guys how to's
ok hi so i can help you with guys. like i can help when they say they love you and go say that to a girl you do not know or if you like a guy and you wish he likes you or if he likes you but you would like to just be friends i can help you!
I NEED: A VP, TREASURER, AND SECRETARY! I also have a book and movie lover of the week! please join! thanks.

by messy-luv's-you on 11/24/2012 10:24:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay, so I just turned 13 and in bras I'm a size 34A/34B. I want to start shopping at Victoria's Secret, but how do I tell that to my mom? Shes one of those moms who don't realize that their kids are growing up unless they're forced to think about it. All my friends shop there and it's awkward when we change for gym in the locker room when they have bras from there yet I have one of those plain ones from Kohls or something. And I'm afraid if I do tell my mom, she'll just laugh or something. So how do I bring it up in a way that makes it seem important but not a big deal at the same time? Thanks so much!

Hey girl,

I would just tell your mom that you want a bra for its support and say that she could help you pick one out that is age appropriate! If you include her in the decision, she would be more likely to say yes. But there's nothing to be ashamed of about a plain bra--no one sees them under your clothes, so as long as it's getting the job done, there's nothing to be embarrassed of!

Meghan D.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 11/24/2012 9:08:55 PM

Hey please please click on my name and check out my club! All info is over there! Thanks!

by puddinface7 on 11/24/2012 7:22:05 PM

My mom is the same way! I have all of those rules and more. I know how you feel

by galegirl on 11/23/2012 12:27:35 PM

Hey girls! My name's Maggie and I love giving advice Smile Comment on my profile about absolutely anything and I'll respond with a well thought out response ASAP ;) I'm on girlslife.com almost everyday so don't worry I won't keep you waiting.
Soo yeah if you've got a problem or question or WHATEVER you can always come to me Smile!

by maggie183 on 11/22/2012 8:07:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I don't feel like my Parents accept me. Scratch that, my WHOLE family. I feel like they pick on me, im not bullied... at school but at home it seems like they don't like the way I am. Parents call me an idiot when I don't understand something, and it starts getting to me no matter how hard I try to tell myself im smart. I hear them talking about me, sometimes, in a way no one wants. Also, my big bro who smokes POT, isn't Virgin, and fails school (Where I get sick near a cigar or alcohol, plan on adopting, and get all A's and B's) also takes part with calling me an idiot and making fun of me to my grandparents. 3 people have called me smart, none my parents. I cant keep telling myself im smart and im a good person... I stopped believing myself no matter HOW hard I try... please help meCry

Hey Chica, telly our parent's how it's making you feel. They may not realize they are hurting you. Look to your friends for support.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by napstarr on 11/22/2012 2:35:27 AM

If someone says Lassie and a dog DOESN'T come to mind, join the Psych fan club!

by katgirly on 11/21/2012 10:41:23 AM

ATTENION:
CURLY or WAVY haired girls. join my club: Curls go curls.
this is not a club for girls who want to curl their hair but people who have it as a natural texture. any questions about curly hair post onto my profile. JOIN TODAY!!

by briana13 on 11/20/2012 8:48:48 PM

My club is all about dog training. It includes how-to, what you need, and trouble-shooting problems. Weekly I post an all natural dog treat recipes and a trick of the day! Join Muttluvrs today!

by miley13t on 11/19/2012 7:21:20 PM

***********JOIN STYLE ADVICE!!!********************

My club, Style Advice! is fulled with great tips on fashion! We would like to have more members than we do now! Your members right now seem to love the club! I had one member tell me,"This is why Girlslife is the bomb!" It was so sweet! Smile I run the club! I post every single day, and they are new tips! Smile I think that's what makes Style Advice a great club because a lot of clubs don't update that often! Mine does! We hope to see you all there soon! And thanks to those who read this advertisement! Smile) See ya soon! Smile -Avery <3

*******************JOIN STYLE ADVICE! NOW!*****************

by averya on 11/19/2012 5:45:47 PM

MOD,
I just found out in school today that my BFF is anorexic. She told me she was on an ABC Diet, and showed me her calorie plans. I got freaked out and I'm so worried for her! We're only 12 and we need calories to grow, but she thinks they're unhealthy. Please, what can I do to help her????

Hey girl, you need to let her 'rents know and yours. This is not something for you to handle alone (maybe talk to your 'rents first and then together phone hers?)! Be a good friend and reach out to get some adult help here; this is serious for her health and safety, and she'll thank you someday! Good luck!

xoxo

Alyssa B.

by cerenajade on 11/19/2012 5:00:16 PM

I have really bad asthma.. and i was wondering how i would get my body thinner like without me heavybreathing..
can u give me some good ideas how to lose weight?

by love4321 on 11/18/2012 9:17:55 PM

Is it bad to crack your knuckles? Because I do it... a lot... Thanks!!!

Hey xxMissBehavedxx, no not at all. My friend asked her doctor about it and he said there are no harmful effects. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by xxMissBehavedxx on 11/18/2012 9:11:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I need to learn how to do push ups. Any suggestions on how to learn????

Hey girlie, I think your best bet would be to look for a how-to video on YouTube. Just search something along the lines of "how to do a push up" and I'm sure you'll find tons of great instructional videos to help you learn the perfect form.

Lauren T.

by Ash166 on 11/18/2012 6:39:52 PM

by rockchik333 on 11/18/2012 7:49:07 AM

so, last school yr, i went thru a rly hard time at school and always felt like people are judging me, so i tried to be a people-pleaser. i also got rly insecure. this yr,its kinda the same thing. i keep feeling like i have to work at this routine and feel like my friends wouldnt rly miss me if i left. i recently talked to one, and she told me that i distanced myself away from my friends and that my friends rly love me and such. just, how would i feel like that again? cuz it might b from last yr, but i feel like i always have to b... upbeat and stuff. im starting to get sick of it.
anyway, in short, how can i try to stop this people-pleasing routine and start to believe my friends like me (as opposed to slightly liking me)?
thanks,
~SecretID

Hey girl,

Don't be so hard on yourself, I'm sure your friends and plenty of other people love spending time with you! Because we wish the best for you and want you to be happy, it's important you talk to a trusted adult such as a parent, teacher, doctor or guidance counselor about how you're feeling and what you're going through. They can help you sort everything out. For additional help, check out this post, which has hotlines of professionals you can talk to about what you're going through. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by SecretID on 11/16/2012 10:56:58 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
This probably sounds stupid but I am already brainstorming my outfit for Christmas Eve - my family always goes out to church and then to dinner with my cousins and grandma - and does this sound like a good outfit? Black jeggings, silver sequin dangly earrings, and a lime green long sleeve top with a hood with different sized silver sequin embellishments on the neckline with a front kanga pocket. And either my silver seequin uggs or my silver glitter flats. Sound cute, or to causal?

Hey girl,

I think that sounds cute as long as it is not too casual for church. Have a great day with your family!

Meghan D.

by Sarah510 on 11/16/2012 10:27:55 PM

Hey girl,

Because we wish only the best for you, it's extremely important that you speak with a trusted adult like a parent, teacher or counselor asap about what you're going through! You are beautiful and worth it and an adult can help you sort out everything that's going on in your life. Please also refer to this post, which has hotlines where you can speak with professionals. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by kiki3001 on 11/16/2012 10:13:41 PM

Mod mod mod
I really want to make a difference in this world. My mom and I together. We just don't know where to start. We love little kids and animals. I already babysit and dog sit though. We are also both very inspired by the Life Is Good stuff. My dad works at home so if we do something it would have to be out of the house. Another thing is we love the country Guatemala. Do you have any suggestions of things we could do to make a difference in the world?

hey girl! I think it's great that you and your mom want to help make the world a better place. it's best to start small, see if you can volunteer at a homeless shelter for children or an animal shelter. then, you can start researching ways to create your own charity if you decide you really love the work. You can also look into volunteer trips to Guatemala; a lot of churches and organizations offer trips like that!

xoxo

Katie L.

by Ljbdaisy on 11/16/2012 4:43:47 PM

My mom is super overprotective too and it's soooo annoying!!!

by taylorswiftlover101 on 11/15/2012 11:13:53 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!!!!
tomorrow im leavin for thanksgivin break to hometown. My first love lives there and how can i "accidentally" run into him I wanna confess while im there any tips on that too?

Hey Yayayuiki, how far does he live from you?

Lynae P.

by YayaYuiki on 11/15/2012 9:02:43 PM

I've gotta strict mom. Not fun. Frown

by wesdelwarrior on 11/15/2012 5:02:43 PM

Mod Mod,
I have talked with my mom about the topic of makeup a bunch of times. I'm thirteen and think that this is a good age to start wearing makeup. Not a ton, just some eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara. But she says im too young. How can i get her to see my point of view? Plus i have a concert tonight that i really want to wear makeup to. HELP ASAP!!!!!

Hey Chica! Mom's can be sorta stubborn about when to wear makeup. Start small, like "Hey mom, can I can I wear this lipgloss?" and build up to wearing eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara. Make a deal with her that you have to show her before you leave and if it isn't what she likes, then you will take it off. I hope this helps!

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by ilovedance12 on 11/15/2012 4:51:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
okay so i need to know...does my crush like me?ill explain what he does: he'll start a convo with me in hmrm, in scinece he sits right across from me and he always stares at me and when i look, we both smile and he ends up makin me laugh, in french, we were presenting a project (each our own) and he was helping me with what to say and was at the back of the class givin me hints the whole time, he teases me sometimes, purposly runs into in the hall then gives me a HUGE grin, ALWAYS trys to make me laugh (hes a funny person) and remembers what i tell him (ex: i told him 3 weeks ago who my hmrm teacher is and he brought it up today) (were not in the same la class)..................what do you think? does he like me? only prob is...even if he did......hes popular and im not.......what should i do? thankks! (my last mod thingy didnt go through?)

Hey, Girl! It's always hard to tell if a guy likes you or not. He is obviously super nice and he likes you, but does he like you, like you? He is definitely showing some of the signs. I say go for it- it's the only way you will really know what he's really thinking. And 'popularity' isn't really a factor, if you guys like each other anf have a lot in common, it will work out.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by katiegurll;) on 11/15/2012 4:21:46 PM

My mom lets me do pretty much whatever I want as long as I'm safe. I'm 17, though, and a senior in high school, so I guess that helps, lol Tong I never really asked for a cell phone, I just got one at 12 because she wanted to keep tabs on me, and I got a Facebook and my first boyfriend at 15. (I asked for the FB, but basically just told her I'd asked him out, and she was fine with it.) (Am rarely on FB anymore, still with my boyfriend after almost 3 years) My bff's parents are really strict with boyfriend stuff, though. She's had one boyfriend like me (they'll be together 3 years on Christmas Eve) and it took them two years to allow her to officially be dating him and accept it, and they still can't really go on dates unsupervised, even though she's almost 18 (she's a month and a 1/2 older than me) and he's 19. Luckily they're fine with group dates, so we double a lot Smile Hopefully after her bday they'll let up.

by rockinlishy on 11/15/2012 2:27:24 AM

My dad is way worse! He won't EVER let me date! And I'm not allowed to go to the mall either... He already knows my friends really well and he doesn't believe in dating before marriage.

by Topaz1116 on 11/14/2012 6:31:20 PM

Sounds like my mom ugh!

by serenitybaum on 11/14/2012 6:21:34 PM

your lucky my mom won't even let me TALK about dating till i'm 60. it's not in our 'culture' unless he IS so i'm forced to like a guy like that... but cant date still

by aki2000 on 11/14/2012 6:18:07 PM

HEY GIRLS! LISTEN UP! PLEASE JOIN MY CLUB SENIORS OF 2016!! THE LINK IS ON MY PROFILE OR HERE. http://www.girlslife.com/Club.aspx?id=11867 THANKS!! (: <3

by ljbdaisy on 11/14/2012 5:48:28 PM

Thank you Katie L.!

no problem girl Smile

xoxo

Katie L.

by HowToLove on 11/14/2012 5:37:51 PM

My mom is like the exact opposite. She doesn't care what I do as long as it's safe and legal, or whatever. She makes fun of overprotective people like that.

by puffinlover99 on 11/14/2012 4:34:27 PM

GUY PROBLEMS? IS THAT ONE GIRL GETTING ON YOUR LAST NERVE? SOLVE ALL OF YOUR GIRL PROBLEMS HERE: http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueen.aspx?id=10905

by myfatsquirrel on 11/14/2012 4:08:52 PM

*******************************HEYGIRLS!!!!!!**************************************
You need some advice on boys, mean girls, friendship troubles, family, holidays, ANYTHING? Or do u just want to chat about nothing in particular?
JOIN CLUB ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most positions are open, WE NEED MEMBERS AND WONDERFUL BEAUTIFUL YOU I KNOW WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!! PLS JOIN LOVE YA!!!!!!!!

by puddinface7 on 11/14/2012 4:05:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm getting my hair cut Saturday, and I really don't know what I should do! It's pretty long and dark blonde. My face is oval, and I just can't seem to find a good cut! Any suggestions? Thank you!!(:

Hey girl! Oval faces are actually very versatile, so that's good. Try a bit of layering, it could shorten your face a little bit and make it look more proportionate. You could also try a side swept bang. If you're still looking for ideas, there's nothing wrong with asking your hairdresser. The professionals always know what's best!

xoxo

Katie L.

by HowToLove on 11/14/2012 12:07:43 PM

im not allowed to date till 16 too and im not allowed to get facebook, but ive learned to live with it. Hope everything works out.

by koolkat14 on 1/12/2011 9:31:34 PM

my mom is the same way she lets me have a boyfriend but she wont let me go anywhere with him...even with a parent or a group. I understand that im only 14 but i really want them to just give me a little freedom. i wont abuse it and i just want to show them that. any ideas anybody?

by hannah_banana_13 on 4/11/2010 5:50:20 PM

omg my mom is the same way:
no cell phone no boy friend cant go anywhere with just my friends and without parent supervision especiallt if there are guys! she can be so parinoid and i have to go through this until im 16 too... is there some set age limit that everyone knows about or somethin????? i will definatley be more easy going with my daughter
i still have two years to go
WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!

by kayla093095 on 1/18/2010 9:09:20 PM

Wow, definitely like my mom. This is great advice thpugh! I think I'm gonna try it and see what happens!

by biskii on 12/28/2009 9:43:54 AM

Wow gurl my mom is the same way. She wont even let me date until im 16 either and dad doesnt want me to date anytime soon.

by hsausa on 10/22/2009 5:58:35 PM

i am going through the same thing as you!! my mother wont let wear makeup, have a phone, a boyfriend or going to the mall by myself and friends until i am sixteen. why? cuz my sister didn't do any of those things until she was sixteen. i respect my mom and love her and at times shes really cool!!

by baby_girl567 on 10/18/2009 6:45:31 PM

PLEASE DON'T READ THIS, YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST POSSIBLE FRIDAY BY THE LOVER OF YOUR LIFE. TOMMORROW WILL BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS, DON'T STOP, THIS IS FREAKY.

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by ashton062698 on 10/17/2009 2:40:18 PM

MOD MOD-My Mom Changed on Me. My mom used to be so strict when it came to friends, boys and watching certain movies and tv programs. And she used to be super strict about me using the internet. But she has done a total turn around on me and now sort of still watches what I do but lets me do so many things. And she has become very open about boys and other things. Any idea why she made such a change? I know my aunt was thinking she was to strict before and they talked, could that be part of it? I can do a lot of things and watch a lot of things that my friends cant, where before it was just the opposite.

Hey girl!  I think your aunt's talk with her could def have had an impact.  It may have helped your mom to realize how much more mature you are than she realized.  But if things are good between you two, don't sweat it.  Best, Kristen

Kristen Y.

by luckykel on 10/11/2009 5:29:23 PM

dude i guess ur going to keep bugging her untill she gives in......

by dancebff9 on 10/10/2009 11:21:51 AM

My mom is overprotective too! But, whenever she tells me no, I usually see why, but I'm in denial. I couldn't spend the night on two occasions because she didn't want me to! So, yeah. Been there, and still doing it.
If you would, please check out my profile. Thanks!

by Pamethyst on 10/9/2009 7:18:02 PM

MOD
my parents are super strict! i know they just wanna protect me, but i'm very responsible! i get all A's and listen to them. i just wish i had more freedom to go places w/ my friends, parties, sleepovers, and stuff like that. also, because they were born in a different country which had a different culture, they expect to CHOOSE who I marry. which means i'm NEVER allowed to date. if i try to talk to them about dating they'll think i'm gonnna rebel or something and get STRICTER. i'd have to date behind their backs and that's wrong. they're ruining my life! what should i do!

by twlight4eva on 10/9/2009 12:35:13 PM

1. Say ur name 10x
2. Say ur mom's name 5x
3. Say ur crushes name 3x
4. then paste this in 4 other spots, if you do this your crush will kiss you on the nearest friday

by evarocks1234 on 10/8/2009 5:26:05 PM

Omg that u sound just like me cuz my mom doesnt like one of my friends just cuz she is a little less mature than me and she thinks that all shes going to do is help and convince me to make bad dicisions. So i cant go to her house and she cant come to my house. i think another reason it that my friends mom is a little u no.... wacky so.... Me and my friend hang as much as we can at school but that doesnt seem like enough and i really want to have her over but i cant cuz my mom and dad r totally against it..

by crazy4softball1 on 10/8/2009 2:35:43 PM

1. Say ur name 10x
2. Say ur mom's name 5x
3. Say ur crushes name 3x

by lovablelily71796 on 10/7/2009 7:38:52 PM

yeah it isnt that my parents dont trust me but it isn't always safe.

by soccerbee683 on 10/2/2009 5:09:44 PM

my parents wont let me walk around with just my friends. but not because they dont trust me. teenagers and kids get kidnapped ALL the time at malls. did you know there are people who wait around in malls just waiting to kidnap people? i still want to be able to be more independent but i understand why they have the rules that they do.

by yeparooni342 on 10/1/2009 10:30:22 PM

Hey chica
This used to be me, my mom would never let me go to friends houses, have a facebook, and make me babysit my brothers basically everyweekend!
This has changed drastically for me, since last year (eighth grade) I have completely matured in every possible way, and that makes parents proud!
I'm serious!!

by Shopbballbri on 9/29/2009 10:31:43 PM

MODDDDD.
Okay, so I've been playing basketball since 6th grade and I'm in ninth grade now. I'm doing cheerleading right now, and my coach is also the winter-guard coach; today she told me I should join winter guard when it comes around. I actually want to do it, too! Today I told my mom that I wanted to do Winter Guard and she flat out said "No, you're doing basketball. You can't get a scholarship for cheerleading or winter guard," then she basically said they're both a waste of time.
This makes me mad because I should get to choose, it's my life! I don't even want to do basketball

Hey babe, this sounds like a tough sitch. Try explaining to your mom why it is you want to do winter guard and what it is that appeals to you. If you're persistent and mature in talking to her, she should come around...just give her a little time and maybe have your coach talk to her if she agrees to it.
katelin s.

by Shopbballbri on 9/29/2009 10:28:20 PM

Mod, My moms leaving for iraq soon and i'm wooried. She's gone for a year and i haven't told anyone, i can't find myself too. How can i survive the year because after that year my mom wants to move overseas again? thanks(:

Hey babe, that sounds like a really tough sitch. Try to talk to your mom as much as possible before she goes about how you're feeling. I'm sure she's feeling a little anxious about leaving you as well. Opening up to a school counselor is a good idea because when your mom leaves, the counselor will still be around to listen when you need to talk.
katelin s.

by evolution_of_love_and_music(: on 9/29/2009 9:55:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD!my prents wont let me have a cell phone or IM!pretty much everyone in my grade has one!its like they have something against communication!!!!!

Hey girl! You could ask them if could could have a email address.

Eryn G.

by kayc1111 on 9/29/2009 4:16:57 PM

Hey girlie! This has happened with me too. What you can do is show your mom that you're responsible: do your chores before you're asked, finish your homework, make sure to be hanging out with a respectable crowd, and maybe she'll be a little more lenient! xo

by annagurl on 9/29/2009 4:07:26 PM

My mom is like that too so I know how you feel!

by twilight4-ever on 9/29/2009 12:42:52 PM

MOD
okay i wanna talk to my mom about the whole dating thing, but the truth is im scared.....I try to but she looks at me like i have done something wronge when i try to bring it up.....I wanna have my BGF (best guy friend) over...but my mom said once that he could come over if she watchs us..But he is not from here he lives in a town NOT far from here...and she is like how do you know him...he is my best friends cousin..and we meet and have been friends for months... im afraid to bring it up again..i dont know WHAT she will say this time..(I'm a teenager) dont you think it would be okay if i have guy friends over.... HELP (SORRY SO LONG)

Hey babe,

Once you have an open conversation with her, you'll be able to get all these things sorted out. It might be awkward to get the conversation started but this will be a great chance for you to figure out what her rules are and if you can make a few compromises with her to maybe get a chance to have some guy friends over.

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by dancer0396 on 9/28/2009 9:45:28 PM

i like my best guyy friend. but not allowed to date. im real responsibile and i am suppper smart. but my mom doesnt even listen to me. help!!!!!

by emily99 on 9/28/2009 9:23:19 PM

Yeah, at least you dont live in Trinidad (its a counrty in the caribbean, next to Venezuela) We have soooo much crime here! All my friends go places and i cant!

by onelovelyliz101 on 9/28/2009 8:54:33 PM

This is exactly how my dad is! I can't date until I'm 16 and can't go anywhere with friends until I'm 16. I can't comprimize with him because he won't listen! Grrrrr!

by whitesparrow23 on 9/28/2009 3:36:29 PM

Im not allowed 2 date till im 16 either and i hate that rule but if ur mom knows she can trust u then maybe she'll let u date!

by catieskyler on 9/28/2009 11:46:27 AM

wow i just noticed how awsome my mom is. im 12 btw, and she lets me fly on an airplane by myself to spend the break at a reletives house. she lets me take a taxi to go shopping by myself. she gave me a cellphone since i was in 3rd grade. and she drives me to my BGF's house just to chill out.

by jecca_12 on 9/28/2009 5:25:59 AM

MOD! i have these really cute skinny jeans,but i dont wear them. They have this kind of material that smells like something burnt.ive washed them 4 times already(with other clothes,i dont waste water) but it still smells. Any suggestion? ThankssSmile

Hey girlie! That's so weird. Try Febreeze maybe? Maybe spray some perfume on them and give them one more wash!

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by stephaniee:) on 9/27/2009 11:12:08 PM

Mod!! I'm a freshman in high school and I joined the marching band. We had a pep rally friday for homecoming and the whole percussion section had face paint on. The older guys were pressuring me to put it on, but I didn't want them to, even when they tried to get some on me. The thing is, I won't give in to peer pressure, but the section leader knows my brother since they are in the same grade, and I don't want something like this to happen to me again. How can I stand up to them if this does happen again? I kept saying no and walked away from them, but it didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Hey missy, since you already made it obvious, that you weren't going to give in to them, and they continued pressuring you, you may have to tell the band leader. Sometimes bullies will only stop if a higher authority makes them.

Lynae P.

by hannahmontanafana on 9/27/2009 2:24:28 PM

the mall thing is retarded. I think she shuld give u more freedom there...and for the BF thing...i have almost the same rule..it is kinda normal these days. But good advice. Hey chek my profile out! Smile Smile

by blondechica21 on 9/27/2009 12:44:37 PM

MOD
What should I do? One of my close friends who is my age and always comes to our sleep overs and who I always hang out with just found out that she may be pregnant. My mom really likes her and has even told me how happy she is that she is my friend. But now I am so afraid what my mom will do if she finds out she is pregnant if its true. I think my mom will just become extremely strict with me. Do you think my mom will just accept it or will she maybe put extremely strict rules on me and tell me to stop hanging around with her?

Hey girl, I hope that your mom does something in between and tries to help your friend out. But worry about that when it comes and for now be there for your friend because chances are she's very scared right now and needs your support. I hope this all works out. Best, Miliana

Miliana B.

by luckykel on 9/27/2009 9:35:29 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Omg! This is a lot like my mom, except my mom is way more strict then that. I'm not allowed to wear makeup until i'm 16 or date until i'm 16, and I'm not allowed to have a cell phone until I'm 16, and even then it has to be a track phone. I'm probably the most responsible out of all my friends that can have those things, but she doesn't care! And even worse, my brother is allowed to have a cell phone and she pays for it, and he's allowed to date and he's only 13! How is this fair in any way? What can I do? there is no compromising... and I'd hate to have to sneak around behind her back.

Talk to your mom. Bring up the point about your brother and how its unfair that he's allowed to date but you arn't. Be respectful and let your mom know exactly how you feel. You need to be respectful of her though and listen to her opinions. Good luck girly! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by mini_girl on 9/26/2009 11:02:06 PM

Be mature about this and politely ask your parents for more freedom. They need to realize that your aren't their little todler anymore.

Check out my profile; I give the best advice!

God Bless!

by Abriella123 on 9/26/2009 9:38:02 PM

I hate wearing pads and i can't wear tampons what do i do?

I used to hate wearing tampons too. But eventually i got used to them and now i love them. So keep wearing pads but keep trying to wear tampons. Trust me eventually you'll learn to love them. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by avr4407 on 9/26/2009 9:09:35 PM

HEY, MOD I need advice:
My best friend's mom is super over-protective and won't let her eat off campus at lunch, but when I go out, of course I always bring her something back. But she really wants to go out, and always having to pay for her (she doesn't get an allowence) is starting to cost a lot. What can she say to her mom to convinnce her that she's responsible enough(because she is!)?

She should talk to her mom and let her know how she feels. If she has a responsible conversation with her mom about how she feels and what she wants to do then her mom should listen. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by kazthespaz on 9/26/2009 9:00:41 PM

**MOD**
So, my crush asked me to homecoming. Yay, right? Not right. I told him I wasn't sure if I was going to homecoming, but if I decide to go, then yeah, I'll go with him. But I've decided I don't want to go (I'm a new kid and don't know that many people, and I've never been a big dance person anyway). The decision to not go has nothing to do with him, so how do I tell him this without hurting his feelings?

I suggest you tell him exactly what you just told me. Let him know that youre not very into big dances and that since youre new you don't know a lot of people so going to homecoming is not your thing. Just make sure he knows that if you did like dances you would have loved to have gone with him. Also don't completely give up on the idea of going, because there's a first time for everything girly. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by OnceUponAHappyEnding on 9/26/2009 8:56:58 PM

Acually,most parents go buy the 16 year rule.But the mall thing is ridiculous!

by actress96 on 9/26/2009 8:02:52 PM

Hey Sweeties!,

If you girls out there have any mods or questions that you need answers on A.S.A.P, I'm your girl! Just leave a comment on my profile,and I'll answer as soon as posssible!

♥Love Christina♥

by Coca-Cola Fan on 9/26/2009 7:44:31 PM

my parents are kind of strict too, but if you talk to them about it, and you don't whine too much, then they'll loosen up a bit-i know that it works with my parents Smile hope that helps!

by sunflowerlicious on 9/26/2009 5:35:23 PM

Yeah. My parents are kind of strict too. It is kind of sad because I feel like they don't trust me, but they insist that it's just out of love....

-Ace

by AcePrincessGal on 9/26/2009 5:12:06 PM

im in 7th grade and hes in 8th...its soo interesting and different when were together...when its quiet its not awkward its like nice...and we have the most random convos...but the ppl who know him much better describe him differently...apparantly they say he has a drinking problem...idk what to believe i mean he told me he doesnt frink and hes told me some pretty personal things so why wouldnt he tell this one? it would make sense if he did he has a hard life and his friends do...his myspace is titled pimpin and its weird...idk because hes so different around me...what do you think? does he sound bad or??? and how do i ask him again whether he drinks or not? should i even care? is it my business?

by have_a_heart on 9/26/2009 4:46:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My hair is waist length, really thick, and is wavy, I want to do something then the old ponytail routine. Can you tell me domething to do that is easy, cute, sturdy (meaning it won't come down), and is easy to put back up after gym. Thanks!

Hey girl! You can try a bun or a braid.

Eryn G.

by Mrs.Cullen on 9/26/2009 4:41:29 PM

my parents are pretty lax with stuff like me hanging out with my friends... my sister and i can go to the mall and movies and roller rink and stuff and i'm 13 she's 10. so i guess they really trust us. however, i don't know about the dating thing. i've never really asked my mom. and i'd rather keep my personal life personal.

by smileysevvie on 9/26/2009 4:11:03 PM

JOIN CLUB GLAMOUROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
CHECK OUT OUR TOPIC OF THE WEEK,ADVICE,WOULD U RATHER,QUIZZES,AND SO MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOOKING 4 A CLUB 2 JOIN?R U A CLUB LOOKING 4 MORE MEMBERS?GO 2 FINDURCLUB RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHECK OUT MY OWN PERSONAL PROFILE-POPSTAR8899!

by CLUB GLAMOUROUS! on 9/26/2009 4:06:41 PM

im nt aloud to go anywhere alone until i can drive. and even then my dad said he would install a tracking device in my car so he could know where i was always!lol

by soccerluvv on 9/26/2009 3:54:52 PM

i can't date alone untill im in 9th grade. untill then i can go with a group but not alone.

by PicturePerfect on 9/26/2009 3:34:12 PM

Hey - I can't even date until I'm 18!!!! Talk about unfair. And I can't go to the mall or anywhere else just with my friends... If my mom is at the mall too, she'll give me her cell phone and let me go off with friends then. (And I'm 14... That's really sad...)

by Lexy5 on 9/26/2009 3:22:06 PM

MOD i just got my third period and idk when you should count between periods.if i count the from the day i had my last period it would b 27 days but if i counted from the last day of my period it would b 21 days.also is it normal 2 hav it this close???i no that about 30 days is ok but is 21 alright 2???thx!!!!

Hey girl! For the first year your period is usually irregular

Eryn G.

by greengirl111 on 9/26/2009 3:13:05 PM

My mom lets me go to the mall with my friends because she knows that I am responsible and so are my friends so she is fine w/ it.

by decemburr96 on 9/26/2009 2:04:49 PM

my mom does the same thing....... she says i cant go to the teen club unless i have a group of friends..... everyone goes to the teen club...... by their self....

by honey2sweet0711 on 9/26/2009 1:47:52 PM

ugh! i kno how u feel my mom is sooooo strict!

by prettyinpink8008 on 9/26/2009 1:02:57 PM

my mom won't let me go to the mall by myself, too! i'm choosing not to date until 16. and when i am 16, i'm only going to go on group dates until i'm 18. and i'm not going to have a bf until i'm 18. i just don't want to get into andything i don't want to do.

by Irelin on 9/26/2009 12:59:20 PM

mod
i have a problem thants kinda like this. im in 7th grade and my mom wont let me get a face book. most of my friends have one, but she thinks my friends parents aren't responsible enough. my dad, sister, and brother have one so its not like i would put innapropriate stuff on my page. plus, she never gives me a reason for not getting one, she just says no. how can i convince her to let me get one?

Although you may want a Facebook, I promise you'll be doing yourself a favor if you wait til at least high-school! Facebook wastes a lot of time,and even though it seems fun...it can cause a lot of drama! Hang in there babe!
Megan R.

by babyhay15 on 9/26/2009 11:53:03 AM

mi moms the same way even tho she noes all my friends she says no 12 yr old girl has buisness hanging out at the mall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by sweetbelle2 on 9/26/2009 10:58:47 AM

my mom doesn't let me walk around the mall with my friends either unless there's a lot of us

by hit.the.surfs. on 9/26/2009 10:50:58 AM

Mod!!!!!
So the boy of my dreams who I've been crushing on forver asked me to be his girlfriend! im sooooo excited! the problem is he goes to an all boys school and i'll never get to see him cuz he's always busy due to football. im not allowed to go to the movies, so what are some good date ideas?? also, im only allowed to go out once a week so how do i balance him with friends? and lastly, hes so sweet and im sure my parents will love him, but how do i tell my mom and dad that we r dating?!?!?!
thanks!!!!!!

Good Questions babe! Congrats on the new boy! Good date ideas? Well...you could always watch a movie at your house? It's cheaper and gives more variety for snacks!

He plays football...so you could try a more athletic date. Invite him over or go to a park and kick a soccer ball around, or throw a nerf football or frisbee. You could go mini-golfing or bowling too! Devote a night to the gals and a night to your guy. Let your parents know you have something to tell them...and then spill! Ask if they'd like to meet him and if you could have him over to hang out! good luck!
Megan R.

by nickj29 on 9/26/2009 10:48:39 AM

This is kind of cliche, but here it goes. My story goes like this, girl likes boy;boy likes other girl. So i really liked this guy, and I talked to him kind of a lot. We got to hang out once, and i thought he was so into me. Then, i hear that this other girl likes him! To make it worse, the guy likes her back... Now i don't know what to do because everytime I see him my heart crumples a little. I can't even talk to him anymore, and I can't take it. There is no guy I'd rather be with than him, but I guess he doesn't feel the same. how do I get over him, or win him back?

Getting over a guy can be tough. Try to distract yourself with your hobbies, crafts, your girl friends,and other fun things you enjoy.  Go see that movie you and your girlfriends have been wanting to see. Go for a jog outside or make a beaded necklace. There are other guys out there babe! Believe in yourself!
Megan R.

by luvxtennisx3 on 9/26/2009 10:26:36 AM

hey, I can't date until 16 either, but I'm cool with it. it's not that your parents don't realize how mature you are, it's just about keeping you safe. just relax and don't worry about dating until you're older anyway, there's a lot of pressure that comes with that whole deal

by dancingfan95 on 9/26/2009 9:57:18 AM

my parents wont let me date till im 16 either!

check out my profile,thanx!

by iheartnickjobro on 9/26/2009 9:55:46 AM

oh, that sux!!! Smile

by Becca13 on 9/26/2009 9:30:48 AM

Mod mod!
I won something on the daily giveaway, how does girls life get it to me?

It should come in the mail! Congrats!
Megan R.

by godsgirl2u on 9/26/2009 9:28:03 AM

MOD
i just got my period FINALLY, but i didnt "spot" in my discharge b4 i got it. i just wanted to kno if thats possible.

No worries babe! You're normal! Different peoples bodies react differently to periods, PMS, and puberty in general. Remember to stock your backpack with a pad or tampon, so you're not caught empty handed when you need one! Smile
Megan R.

by blue-eyed-beauty on 9/26/2009 9:13:32 AM

OMG OMG!this is the EXACT same prob i have!Im almost 15 and I still need a parent with me and if im at a party or something, she calls at like 6:30 to ask when Im coming home. I need freedom!

by fieldhockjock on 9/26/2009 9:05:03 AM

PS Love the manga drawing.
***********************************************
CLUB CREATIVITY IS NOW OPEN! FEEL FREE TO JOIN! Just CLICK on my name, or SEARCH lasagna, or SEARCH Club Creativity. It's under lasagna's profile. COME JOIN TODAY!

~lasagna~
Club Creativity

by lasagna on 9/26/2009 8:46:02 AM

Good advice L'Oreal. I totally get why your mom wouldn't let you go to the mall because like my reading teacher told us that the most dangerous place around here is the mall! Because people see you and stalk you, and kidnap you, and hurt/kill you! She had a student who almost got abducted by a guy pretending to be a security guard! Scary!
***********************************************

~lasagna~
Club Creativity

by lasagna on 9/26/2009 8:45:30 AM

Great advice! Its kinda the same with me and my mom except I'll do it anyways lol! Once u start doing these she'll see how grown-up u are for sure ;D

Check out my profile girls, and please leave a comment, thanks!

by SportyGal on 9/26/2009 8:19:12 AM