6 HOURS AGO Real talk—my room was clean... then I needed a shirt: http://t.co/zfG1nfcONo

9 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

10 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

COMMENTS

Love across religious lines

I have an issue with my boyfriend.

I really love him, BUT there's one huge issue. He's Methodist and I'm Southern Baptist. I don't know...

@ Lovely62 ~ amen! I could not agree more!

by metal-luvr on 5/10/2011 6:39:19 PM

MODMODMOD
I'm a muslim, and my religion says I can't even touch boys before I marry. My mom, before school dances, tells me it is okay to dance but not too close. So I think she doesn't believe in that part of Islam that much. I'm kinda scared to ask her, but do you think it would be okay to have a boyfriend but not kiss or anything?? Tong

Hey girlie! Absolutely! It doesn't sam in the Islam faith you can't have a boyfriend who you can talk to and hang out with. As long as you keep true to its principles about not touching the boy you should be ok. As for your mom, I'm sure she'll agree since she said it's ok to dance with boys as long as your not too close - having a boyfriend to talk to can be seen as the same thing. I've known plenty of friends in high school who went out with boys, but they just never held hands or kissed. Just make sure the guy you go out with respects your religion and will honor the fact that you guys can't kiss while you're going out.
Jessica W.

by thecheshirecat119 on 1/3/2011 5:12:37 AM

MOD MOD
I have this same problem, except the guy I like is Christian (very conservative) and I am Jewish. We both like each other very much, but his parents don't want him seeing a Jewish girl. They told him that we are just too different. I really don't want to disobey his praents, but I don't think there being fair. Help?

Hey girlie,

I have a best friend who has also dealt with this issue, but I wouldn't recommend what she decided to do: her and her BF see each other in secret and their parents know nothing about it. It's tough on both of them Frown Religion is a strongly-rooted belief system though so you can't really talk them out of their beliefs. But how does he feel about things? Try talking to him about your options and see what you can do. He might be able to talk to them - not to change their minds, but to stick up for his own feelings and work through them together. Or he might know of a way that you can hang out and get to know each other without actually calling it dating to his parents. I'm really sorry, I wish I could give more concrete advice but you kinda have to go with the flow right now til you two come to an agreement Frown Good luck <3

Lauren C.

by emmyquack on 12/20/2010 2:37:46 PM

@ orchdork333 AMEN!

by Angel07 on 8/30/2010 5:33:33 PM

I don't think the different denominations should matter, if your both Christians. God hates division, so your basicly dividing yourself from other Christians who don't share in the exact details you do. Most of the time the differences aren't that different. We're all (including me)Christians and God loves us all!

by Lovely62 on 5/4/2010 8:23:51 PM

I was reading the other comments and I now have something else to say. God's love is bigger than any love. God IS love. Remember that. Also, the denominations are not seperate religions. I hate how there is so much hate between members of different churches. Aren't we all brothers and sisters in Christ?

by orchdork333 on 1/30/2010 10:43:06 PM

this situation is exactly what happened with my parents. My dad was the son of an Episcopal pastor and my mom went to a Christian church (yes, that's a denomination). None of that ever mattered. They are still completely and totally in love after 16 years. My dad even became an elder at my mom's church. There really aren't that many differences. God has adopted you both and you are both loved by Him. Don't worry about it.

by orchdork333 on 1/30/2010 10:38:43 PM

**********MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!********************** okayy.. so i have the most amazing guy friend ever, and he is also my crush. he plays guitar, is in sports, and an all around good guy. he jokes around a lot, and one time we were out together in a group and we were joking around. all of a sudden, he starts telling everyone that i'm his girlfriend! so then i told him that he had to make it official and actually ask me. of course, i was kidding. however, he turns around and asks me. i thought he was kidding so i said no. now that i think about it, i thought that he was being serious and he actually likes me. he has a girlfriend now, and we are all in the same group of friends. the other day, he and his gf were hugging, and i looked over at him and his eyes caught mine. in that moment, he looked at me like he has never looked at me before. could there be something there?? i don't want things to get weird though...

Hey girl! There could be but the only way to know for sure is to find out from him! Try talking to him more and flirting a little! You may give him the confidence to let you know how he feels!

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by swimmerlife3 on 11/24/2009 7:12:19 PM

don't let anything get in the way of love if its true. if you love him, and he loves you, nothing will get in the way of it.

by iBeAmyy on 10/28/2009 11:27:51 PM

MOD
1 of my bffs delany likes this kid named drew. theyre both in my spanish class. at the school dance, me and my friends just finished dancein to like miley cyrus and she turns to my other bff and says," drew was totally just watching Ashley(thats me) while she danced". she was pretty annoyed. that was last week. then today, in spanish, delany was takin a missed quiz in the other room and i saw him lookin at me again. then she comes in and like 5 min later, shes like,"omg hes lookin at me!!!". but i sit right next to her.
does this sound like he likes me? and if it does, how do i make it so my bffs feelings dont get hurt?

Hey babe,

He might like you, but it's hard to tell. Either way, I think you should keep away from this guy if you don't want to hurt your friend.

xoxo Allie