AN HOUR AGO Calling all career cuties! Snag internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! RSVP right here: http://t.co/jo2w2Undss

AN HOUR AGO And that's a wrap! Last shot on set with all the GL girls. Xo -@PeytonList pic.twitter.com/ulT8L1nCrp

4 HOURS AGO Just introduced the GL crew to the imoji app...and turned my bunny an emoji! xo -@PeytonList #GLpeyton

COMMENTS

I feel like I'm the mom

Lately, my mom has been making me babysit my brothers after school and on school vacation days because she works a full time job and...

MOD MOD MOD!!! My mom is a single mom with 6 kids AND a home daycare. I'm on homeschool because its an unsafe situation for me at the local highschool, but I think mom is taking advantage me being home all day. She has me watch the babies a lot. When she goes to see her boyfriend every 3 weeks, she has my older sis watch us, but she just sleeps all day, and /I/ end up watching them! Like 1 time, my cousin asked if I wanted to spend the night, and I had to say no because I didn't trust my sister to watch the babies! And then when I roll my eyes or something about having to put up the dishes(and I know I shouldn't) she just says "You don't do anything around here! Some kids have to babysit CONSTANTLY" And I just want to scream, "HELLO?! WHAT AM I? A GARBAGE CAN? I'M ONE OF THOSE KIDS!" Yeah,I only have 4 "official chores", but what about the stuff I do anyway? I do almost all my brother's chores, and some of my mom's chores too! I only went away 3 times during the summer! One was to work with my sheep, and the other two my friend called. I never call my friends to go somewhere, or even to stay over, because I know I'll have to watch the babies half the time!Another thing my mom says is "Why don't you ever tell them to act right? I'm always saying it, you're their older sister, you should encourage them to have manners!" And you know what gets me? 2 things. 1)That's HER job. 2)I DO do that. I just never let her see, because I don't want her to feel like she's a bad mom, cuz she's not! She's great! It's just its almost November, and she has some things that hit her hard during Nobvember. Its really hard for her. So how do I gently explain all of this to her without making her cry??? I really need help! Answer PLEASE!!!!!

Hey girl, you're right. You need to sit down with her and tell her this nicely. Ask her for an evening the two of you can talk alone -- maybe even get someone else to watch the kids and go get an ice cream together one-on-one. Explain that while you love helping her, you want to have a bit of time to go out with friends and be a kid too. It's def not good to tell an adult their responsibilities, but let your mom instead know this is too much for you to handle. She should understand and care about the way these things make you feel. Be mature and calm, sweetie. It'll all be alright as long as you're open.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Peanut47 on 10/29/2009 6:20:57 PM

We appreciate that you girlies wanna post on GL, but we’ve received tons of comments about spamming with chain letters. To keep everyone happy we’ve decided to take ‘em down. Thanks again for posting. Smile

Lynae P.

by saltyspoon303 on 10/18/2009 2:11:19 PM

PLEASE DON'T READ THIS, YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST POSSIBLE FRIDAY BY THE LOVER OF YOUR LIFE. TOMMORROW WILL BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS, DON'T STOP, THIS IS FREAKY.

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by ashton062698 on 10/17/2009 2:39:49 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by tatertot71798 on 10/17/2009 12:00:49 AM

MOD MOD MOD please answer...
Okay, I met an amazing guy at a party and he was laughing and flirting wih me and being really nice to me.
So, we go to the same school now, and since my friend goes to his church, she's trying to set us up, and we're supposed to "meet" on Monday...but I know him! We will probably go out, so when should I tell him I'm the girl at the party??

Hey babe,

I think you should tell him right away. You can say something like "hey, don't I know you from somewhere?" and if he remembers you that's probably a pretty good sign that he's been thinking about you too!

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by tap_dancer on 10/16/2009 7:59:21 PM

MOD

by tap_dancer on 10/16/2009 3:52:28 PM

first i know how you feel...
MOD
alyssa/taeler
i am sick of my life... my dad comes home every day upset and tired all he does is complain
and he gets mad if me and my sis want attention it really annoys me. my mom expects me to give up my life to watch my sis like i hated summer i was stuck inside most of the time because i had to watch my 1 year old sis. i also tutor 3 times a week so i am always to busy for "me time" and i have lousy friends.
also me and my friend where gonna go to a really cool fall thing like with mechanical bulls and stuff. we alredy payed ahead of time and now she got grounded and might not be able to come
ps. even when my friends are over i have to watch my sis.....PlEASE dont tell me to sit down and talk with them (tried that) (just got yelled at)
sorry so long....

Hey girl, I'm sorry to hear things aren't going so well. In life, it's about balance. Your 'rents need some help right now and while it may be hard, I promise if you help them now it will pay off in the long run. With your friends? While you can't help it if your friend gets grounded, you can talk to them. Tell them it hurts you when they treat you the way they do and that you need their support. Oh, and your parents? Try telling them you'd like to have a little more you time -- that it's affecting your health. Be mature and calm. I can assure you they won't yell at you if you present your case like an adult and be willing to compromise -- they should be too.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by pluto15912 on 10/15/2009 6:52:32 PM

say ur name 10x
say ur moms name 5x
say ur crushes name 3x
then paste this in 4 other spots, if you do this your crush will kiss you on the nearest friday

by dozerdidit on 10/13/2009 4:37:11 PM

Wow I'm so sorry Frown but try talking to ur mom and tell her how that makes you feel. If that's not an option, try talking to your older sis. And I would seriously consider counseling. If you want you could go to the guidance counselor at your school and he/she might be able to help. hopefully things get better!!!

by Cgymnast on 10/10/2009 10:02:04 PM