10 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

11 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

12 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

I feel like I'm the mom

Lately, my mom has been making me babysit my brothers after school and on school vacation days because she works a full time job and...

jonasNtwilight3:
i'm in 7th grade too and I wanna model too! Yeah the MOD is right you can't really do anything in 7th grade but what I did was go to this really pretty park I know about and have my mom take a bunch of pictures of me and help build a portfolio. BTW, if you see one of those modeling competitions set up at a mall, NEVER BELIEVE IT. They make you pay about 500 bucks to get a couple shoots for a portfolio and then don't give you anything and never come into contact with you again. Always make sure to find good information on a business or agency before you send them any money or agree to work with them.
Hope I helped!
Best of Luck!

by dramaqueen10 on 10/7/2009 8:07:19 PM

Thanks MOD. Smile
Does anyone else's dad do that at all? Also if you could answer ONE MORE THING FOR ME MOD!!!!
My dad makes me play volleyball because he says its a good sport, but I'm really bad at it and I don't really like it. He says I'm not commited to anything but that's because he never let's me try anything I want to do. I asked to take voice lessons and he got me guitar lessons. Then he said I wasn't committed to guitar. Well it's like gee i wonder why! lol I really want to do cheerleading but my dad is making me try out for volleyball next year and says cheerleading is a waste of time. any advice?

Hey babe,

Try to make an arrangement with him where you stick with something he wants you to and really commit to it for a season or a year and in exchange he lets you pick an activity that you want to do.

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by dramaqueen10 on 10/7/2009 8:03:28 PM

REALLY WORKS! TRY IT OUT!
1. Say ur name 10x
2. Say ur mom's name 5x
3. Say ur crushes name 3x
4. then paste this in 4 other spots, if you do this your crush will kiss you on the nearest friday!

by kool kitty on 10/7/2009 7:41:34 PM

MOD and GIRLS
Hey MOD
My dad is really mean to me. This morning we sat down for breakfast and I was waiting for the knife to spread butter on my waffle because my sister had it. My dad says what are you doing? and i said waiting for the knife. I truly just said it in monotone not with any attitude and he stands up, walks over to me, starts yelling and whacks me in the head. Then he yells some more and whacks me again. Just after school I was getting my older sis to help me with some homework. I didn't understand so I was asking her to explain more clearly. My dad, hearing this says, SHELBY IF YOU DON'T START TRYING HARDING IM GONNA WHACK YOU IN THE HEAD AS HARD AS I CAN. Sometimes he knocks me in the back of the head and gives me big knots. When he's mad at me he says things like 'Im gonna turn you over on my knee and slap you until you can't sit down!" I thought you were supposed to stop spanking when your like 7 but I'm 13! One time he actually slapped me in the face. One time he punched me in the head because I took the shoelaces out of my Sperry Topsiders! It's completely stupid stuff that shouldn't matter to him! ANYTHING SETS HIM OFF! If I talk to him I'm afraid he's gonna hit me more! Seriously, and there's nothing I can do to defend myself! GIRLS does anyone else's dad act like this? And MOD is this considered abuse? Cause I'm not sure if this is normal or not and I don't feel comfortable asking my friends because I don't want them to get too worried.

Hey babe,

I think you really need to talk to a teacher or a counselor or another adult that you trust about this. It sounds like it could be a really serious situation and you might need an adult's help with this!

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by dramaqueen10 on 10/7/2009 6:53:15 PM

MOD
i've tried but he never believes me!!! he just says "oh yeah it just got up and walked away."

by kgirlpanda on 10/6/2009 5:00:42 PM

MOD
everytime something in my house breaks or isn't working or is lost or whatever my dad automatically blames me or my sister. also it seems like the only time he talks to me is to yell at me for something. it drives me crazy!!!!! what should i do??

Hey girl! You should explain to your dad that you are only human and that you might lose things, but its not always your fault.

Eryn G.

by kgirlpanda on 10/6/2009 4:51:02 PM

I'm going through the same thing girly. I hear ya!

by rosebubbles101 on 10/4/2009 8:44:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD I haven't received this month's GL yet! Is this normal? If not, what do I do?! I just re-subscribed too!

hey girl!  If you just resubscribed, wait a week or two.  If you don't get the issue by then, call the office and ask to speak to Subscriptions. They'll be able to sort out your subscription and get you the right issue asap! Best, Krsiten

Kristen Y.

by wallofllamas on 10/4/2009 7:13:45 PM

ooh thats tough!! Good luck girlie!!!!!! MOD MOD MOD!!! ok i wanna change my username but everytime i go to edit my info, and if i try to backspace "furryanimallover" it will bring me back a page, and if i try to type over it when it is highlighted it doesnt do anything and if you press space it scrolls down the page!!!! it will not work and i have tried alot!!! any help? could you change it for me? I want to make it "let it rock[s] my socks" haha I want to keep my password the same as well. and one more question my username will still be furryanimallover right? thank you so much im sorry if it was confusing!!!!!!

Hey girl!  I'm not sure if you can change your username.  You can try asking some of the other girlies on the site, but I think you may have to get a new account if you don't like your username.  Best, Kristen

Kristen Y.

by furryanimallover on 10/4/2009 5:48:26 PM

thats tough, but good luck! that was good advice Smile

by hit.the.surfs. on 10/4/2009 12:53:29 PM