10 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

13 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

14 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

My grandpa's really sick

My grandpa is sick with lung cancer. Whenever I go to his house, all I can think about is that he is going to die...

I feel so sorry for you.when i as baby granpa passed away of cancer and it was 20 min after my left to albany from the Hostipal.I love him so much.He was there when I was born but he not here watch me grow up as his very first granddaughter!

by daddygirl on 9/10/2010 4:41:18 PM

I'm sorry about your grandfather. I know how hard it is to deal with someone you love when you know the outcome of their situation. I really feel for you. xoxo

Mod...
I sort of have the same sitch...
My grandmother had throat cancer and went through a lot of radiation. they thought it was gone but it turned out the radiation did nothing. She went through so much pain and it didn't help at all. Now, if she doesn't get surgery and only does chemo, she will most likely live only 1-2 years. But- if she does do the surgery then she'd have to live with tubes and not be able to swallow or anything like that. Even then, most patients don't live past 5 years. That + a few other loss issues = a very stressed, occasionaly depressed me. I'm just afraid for her and I don't like talking to my parents or friends about things like this. Any advice with how to cope?

by GeziRose96 on 2/12/2010 10:23:54 PM

mY GRANDPA IS 58 YEARS OLD AND HAS A BROKEN BACK AND HE HAD SURGERY ON IT AND HAS SCREWS IN IT. eVERY TIME HE COMES OVER i FEEL BAD BECAUSE WHEN HE BENDS OVER IT HURTS AND HE SAYS OOH AHH,MY BACK AND HE ALSO SMOKES. i TRIED TELLING HIM ABOUT SMOKING BUT HE SAYS HE KNOWS AND THAT IT IS HARD TO QUIT. aNY aDVICE???

by vpk1998 on 1/28/2010 8:33:58 PM

I know what your going through. Almost 3 years ago, my grandpa was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. I hated seeing him like that. He was in and out of the hospital all the time. They told us he probably had 5 months to live. It turned out he only had 2. It crushed us all when we found out. I remember being in the car ride, going out to see him, when my step-dad told me he passed away. I was trying to act like a big girl and not to cry. But, I didn't last long. I normally didn't cry in front of my family because I thought it would make my grandma sad. So I cried when ever I was alone. It's been almost 3 years now, I still get very emotional on the day he died. I still cry about it all the time. Reading these stories make me cry to. I hope your grandpa stays with you for a long time.

by VampireGirl97 on 12/29/2009 9:05:30 PM

MOD!!!!
ok so iwent 2 a party and this girls wouldeen't keep flashin or trying to flash her younger sis, in fronto of us... idk wat 2 do, do i tell my mom or wat, im only 10!!Frown((FrownFrownFrown

Hey girl! You can tell your mom if you want , but you should not hang out with them any more if you are not comfortable.

Eryn G.

by lolalot on 12/9/2009 3:44:00 PM

my grampa died 2 years ago from lung cancer. i felt and still feel guilty. in the last month my mother was diegnosed with colon cancer so it beenreally hard on us.

by angel002 on 11/29/2009 8:55:30 AM

hey, girl...
U r doin tha right thing, spending time with him!
i strongly agree, but don't trouble urself that he
might die soon...just enjoy him while u can!
Sorry to hear about him....my Granddad died three years ago, he waz on "life-support" and lived at home...but he died in the hospital...an i know that if anybody made it to heaven, it was my granddad...I REALLY MISS HIM AT FAMILY SOCIALS>>>it jus ain't tha same without him there
wit his humor!!!!! """"I ♥ u, PAPAW""""
i have one grandparent left...that is my grandmom that was his wife! ♥♥
Fashionbabe---

by Fashionbabe on 11/25/2009 2:15:23 AM

i'm so sorry. i had pretty much the same situation happen to me a few years back. my opa was diagnosed with lung cancer and the doctors gave him 6 months to live. he lived for 13 months. the best thing you can do is be there. it really means a lot. and your family member will always be with you in your heart, even after they're gone. i still think of my opa all the time, even though he passed away almost three years ago. and please don't make the mistake of not talking to anyone. i've made that mistake and it really ruins your spirit. talking really helps. trust me.

by musicme on 11/22/2009 9:59:23 PM

mod... i want to wear mascera but i dont know how to tell my mom. around my bday i bought this eyeshadow kit, and my mom said that i could start wearing makeup, but i never talked to her about mascera, so i use hers. i have a feeling that she might find out soon, but im afraid that she will say no. what should i do?

Hey girl!  If your mom is alright with you wearing makeup, she should be fine with you wearing mascara.  Just ask and see.  If she's not so into it, I'm sure you can talk and work things out.  best, Kristen <3

Kristen Y.

by dramagirl31 on 11/22/2009 7:02:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so i'm goin to a chicago wolves hockey game in a lil with my friend, my brother, and her brother. last time i went to a wolves game i was on tv three times and i didn't know it and i looked horrible that day so then people were textimg me going "nice outfit lol" and stuff like that and so i don't wasnt to look bad AGAIN so any ideas on what to wer, how to do my hair, makeup, things like that? THANKS!!!

Hey girl! You could wear jeans, boots and a cute sweater. You should just wear natural makeup and then you could wear your hair down.

Eryn G.