AN HOUR AGO How to deal with a jealous best friend: http://t.co/5Wzr0mNveH

2 HOURS AGO Need a fashion fix? There's an app for that: http://t.co/RS6ihqlgqj

3 HOURS AGO The 20 best GL beauty tips of all-time: http://t.co/ElCpBBkpyv

COMMENTS

My friend is chewing tobacco!

There is this guy in my class who is kind of a friend. We text sometimes and earlier this week I heard he chews tobacco...

Someone in my family (I won't say who) who I really, really love and care about smokes cigarettes a lot. I told my mom about it and she talked to him for me, but he didn't listen to her. I know that technically since he's a grown-up he can make his own choices, but I really don't want to always have to worry about him. What should I do?

Hey! If you can, try to talk to them about it. Maybe you can be the one to help them. Keep trying and good luck! Smile

Haley W.

by lip_gloss12 on 8/12/2010 12:30:12 PM

my uncle died from doing drugs.........i hope that boy stops chewing and stays away from drugs

by emsubu on 3/1/2010 2:02:41 PM

tell him to chew gum my brother has ADD and when he gets stressed out we just have him chew on a piece of gum then he feels better.

by jinger13579 on 2/22/2010 4:14:58 PM

my uncle chews and he said it's a harder habbit to break then smoking because he's tried both and sucessfully quit smoking not chewing........... i'm starting to worry about him.........

by gwentrent on 1/23/2010 1:12:03 AM

thats so sad! yet i have that with one of my freinds.cept its marrawana. he got at school and was taken to The Academy. We've been trying to get him to stop but he wont becuase of the ohter boys he hangs out with Frown so i feel ya grl

by rebbecca12 on 1/14/2010 6:01:14 PM

how often does he chew tobacco? that's bad for him.

by sixteengirl93 on 12/27/2009 4:57:57 PM

yuck! chewing tobacco is bad for u!

by BeccaBear on 12/26/2009 8:28:31 PM

help!!
one of my bff recently told me shes been cutting herself(her wrist). i got so mad and lately i've been thinking about it alot. me and my other bff are the only ones who know and we dont know how to tell her to stop. she said she stopped but i dont belive her. it also seems like she does it for the stupidest things!!! wut should i do????

xoxo
verenice

by verenice<3 on 12/25/2009 10:02:56 PM

coment on my profile

by frenchfry on 12/25/2009 11:56:01 AM

my now ex bf smokes. he just dumped me today. im depressed and my new bf [who is sweet and cares about me A LOT!] took every sharp item away from me because im emo and i cut myself

by xXBeautiful_DisasterXx on 12/16/2009 5:53:05 PM

MOD
okay when i read this it made me cry it reminded me of my ex we wer so close before we went out we talked all the time and told eachother everything he told me that he stoped smoking weed and cigs but that was a lie he asked me out and i thot he stoped so i said yea i found out he still smokes both of those and even does heroen and he tells my best friend this and it makes her so mad because she was there when he told me he stopped we dont talk anymore and i swear he like hates me and also my best friends do dip and smoke weed (only guys) i telll them to stop but they wont listen i just want to cry i love my friends so much ive allredy told them this but they wont stop i think one of them does it to block out his past(he was sexually abused when he was younger but he didnt tell me his friend did) i love him so much and i want to still be friends with my ex but at a safe distance and i want to help my friend what should i do

Hey girl! There's not much you can do. Just warn them about the effects of what they are doing and tell them how sad it makes you.

xoxo

liz
Liz L.

by girlygirlxxo on 12/14/2009 9:32:49 PM

What a terrible habit. If I knew a guy who did that I would try to get him to stop. You can also get mouth cancer from doing that. Eww!

by luckykel on 12/14/2009 5:18:31 PM

Yuck! Get him to stop.

by WaffleAddict on 12/9/2009 10:01:30 PM

omg! that's sooooo sad! I feel for ya girl! lol check out my profile and comment

by Kristin95 on 12/7/2009 6:38:57 PM

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
CHECK OUT THE REFURBISHED ALPHA COUNCIL! A NEW CLUB WITH A NICE TWIST: EACH POSITION ONLY GETS A TWO-WEEK TERM, SO SOMEONE ELSE GETS TO JOIN THE COUNCIL! YOU CAN BE A MAKEUP ARTIST, GUY EXPERT, FITNESS TRAINER, CONSULTANT, OR PERSONAL STYLIST!!! APPLY NOW! ALL POSITIONS ARE CURRENTLY OPEN! SEARCH: thealphacouncil! SHOULD BE THE FIRST RESULT!

by thealphacouncil on 12/5/2009 3:55:57 PM

I'm always worried about one of my friends. He moved here from the city about a year ago, and his he did some bad things in his past, and I'm always worried that he'll do those things again.

by ash_bash08 on 12/4/2009 7:14:41 PM

by thealphacouncil on 12/3/2009 5:17:13 PM

HEY GIRLS! i give super advice! come check out my profile and leave a question or something u need advice on. ill get back to u ASAP! my advice really works! --Anna

by Anna Beesley on 12/3/2009 12:31:17 PM

hey guys! chewing tabacco is sssssoooo
bad! never ever do that to yourself.
come and check out my profile, if you need any advice or had any questions.
thankz,
awsomepup10

by awsomepup10 on 12/2/2009 9:58:09 PM

I would tell someone right away!!!
hey girls comment on my profile pleez!
im trying to get 200 comments!
thanx!

by tang454 on 12/2/2009 8:34:29 PM

hey girlies everywhere! come check out my profile! my quotes will make you LOL!

by rightfield1 on 12/2/2009 6:39:40 PM

hey im so sorry bout ur freind but u need to let go of him and let him be himself im the same way i have very deep feelings bout my freinds but if they wont do the right and wont listen 2 anyone im sorry 2 say it but thur not for u so just let go

LOVE:BECKA

by becca-thischristmas7 on 12/2/2009 2:09:44 PM

Hey people
I need a workout buddy!Comment on my profile if ya want to be my buddy!

by XxSkilletXx on 12/2/2009 6:41:53 AM

Lots of ppl at my school do crack and weed (i dont) but like A LOT of ppl do

by oOpSiEs! on 12/1/2009 11:05:55 PM

mod mod mod
please help me!!
i was supose to kiss this guy and he knew it and said he wanted to but when we were about to kiss he spoted some people and hung around them so we couldnt kiss. but after i left i said i felt unloved and he said your loved by me(him).but now im texting him and he doesnt seem to want to talk to me. whats up with that? does he like me or just wants me to leave him alone? thanks for your help.

Hey babes, your're never SUPPOSED to kiss someone, that makes things awkward. If he doesn't seem responsive to your texts, leave him alone for a day or two, he probably feels embarrassed. xo JANA

jana k.

by sportygirl#2 on 12/1/2009 9:36:49 PM

MODERATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My friend has a crush on one of the dudes I had a crush on first. During science, I was getting a pen from my backpack, her (or my) crush was starting a conversation with me. He sits behind me just in case you're wondering. My "friend" sits behind him. When I was talking to him, I saw my friend mouth,"DON'T TALK TO HIM!!!! HE'S MINE!!!!" That really hurt my feelings. She's been very rude to me lately. Help me please!

Hey girl, I would speak up and tell her that what she did in class really hurt your feelings. You are more than willing to talk it out but you would prefer to do it in private, not hash it out in front of the entire school. xox JANA

jana k.

by bombergirl97 on 12/1/2009 9:24:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So i have liked a guy a yr older then me for over 6 months. n today i got up the currage to tell him.I told him in a myspace message bc we dont talk at school n well yah. this is wat i said--Fact :I have liked u for 6 months. Fact: you take my breath away.fact: you r way too good for me . Fact: i dont have a chance with u. Fact: i dont know y but i had to tell u.--n that all is true, he is the popular goregous boy that most of my gorgeous friends have dated, but bc i dont know him that well n im not pretty. this is what he said---Some how, I knew that already. None of it surprises me, I here it alot actually. And im not the type of guy to make you feel dumb for you saying that but thanks. (:----after liking him that long i think i am literly starting to fall in love with him (i know that sounds stupid but it really is true!) and i want to be with him so badley. Which means we need to talk more, but idk what to talk about with him, bc hes popular, n how do i get up the courage to even say hi to him or good luck (he has a basketball game tomorrow btw) at school tomorrow??
Sorry it is soo long!!

Hey Babes,

You have the courage to send him a message! That is the first step. You clearly have some secret powers somewhere. The next time you see him just say hi. You dont have to have a convo with him until you're ready. Be pleasant when you see him and continure myspace conversations until you think you are ready to turn a simple Hi into a chat.

xo .

Jana

jana k.

by littlemiss139 on 12/1/2009 8:47:39 PM

i know this isn't the right place to ask but it's the only way i get answers,when do i get my prize mailed to me it's been 4 days (but i am i am impatient)and my sisters birthday is in 2 days and that's her gift from me.Smile

by kykyc on 12/1/2009 8:39:53 PM

yeah i have a friend who does that kind of stuff and i try and help him but sometmes he just ignores me.... and he says its because he doesnt have a good home life.. i feel really bad for him though....

by sweetlyssie13 on 12/1/2009 8:17:27 PM

mod mod mod
ok so there is this guy that i went to school with. and when i moved away the only way we can talk is on facebook... but before i moved away he hugged me a coupe times and he walked me to my class's and even quit siting by his friends to sit by me in lunch... and then the other day he said he missed me.. so do u think he likes me????

Yes it sounds like he likes you! Don't limit yourself though if you can't see him!
Megan R.

by sweetlyssie13 on 12/1/2009 7:54:16 PM

i hope u get him some help quick, no one deserves 2 feel that way about themselves and make suffer because of the poor choices they're making because they don't know what 2 do. Frown Cry

by chomp2010 on 12/1/2009 7:21:26 PM

MOD
Okay, so I had some things on my Christmas list, but almost all of them I can't get. So now for Christmas I have socks, sweat pants from Areo, and a book. My mom says she wants to get me more, because my sister is getting a lot. What are some cool toys or things out there for a thirteen (well, I will be in Janurary) year-old girl?
Please and thanks!!

You could look through magazines to get some ideas of cool new toys that are out! If you like a certain TV show you could ask for a season of your fav show, or you could ask for a gift certificate to your favorite store.  Best Buy is also great, if you're looking for electronic toys or DVDs.
Megan R.

by samm213 on 12/1/2009 7:16:58 PM

i dont think anyone in my school chews now because the health teacher showed us pic of what could happen and it REALLLLLYYYYY freaked people out!!!!

by cool_birdie4 on 12/1/2009 6:59:13 PM

ouch thats bad news! but i kinda no how ya feel my dad has chewed tobacco as long as i can remember. I really want him to stop cause its gross and it can hurt his health. I'm really worried bout him but i don't tell him much and its hard to talk to him so i don't no how to tell him i want him to stop!
best wishes!=]
checkout my profile pleaze!

by allysonk294 on 12/1/2009 6:46:59 PM

everyone i know chews.
i dont like it though. tastes bad and made teeth look disgusting.

by have_a_heart on 12/1/2009 6:31:10 PM

that's sad and that's sort of like smoking it can get hard to quit

by hit.the.surfs. on 12/1/2009 6:28:37 PM

u should stop worrying even though u no it is not good for him sooner or later he will realize what is best for his self!!!

by cutehottie88 on 12/1/2009 6:22:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay so i was just wodering if you kiss a guy does that mean that you are boyfriend/girlfriend with that guy now??? my parents won't let me date so does that mean that i can't kiss anybody either??? plaese answer!!! i just want your opinion!!
P.S. I can't talk to my parents about this either because we just aren't close. and it would just be weird.
Thanks!
Heart333

You don't have to be boyfriend/girlfriend in order to kiss someone, but usually if you end up kissing a guy shortly after he may ask you to be his gf if you both mutually like one another.

Megan R.

by heart333 on 12/1/2009 6:02:47 PM

I NEED SOMEONE TO BE MY WORKOUT BUDDY!!! id luv to share workout routines, songs, etc. i also really need some motivation(lol)!! i would like it if you updated your healthy you journal everyday but you dont have too. comment on my profile if you can be my work out buddy!!

by bichonmo123 on 12/1/2009 4:45:04 PM

MOD:
I straighten my hair every day, and i know it damages it. it looks fried! well, i saw a commerical for they instlyer. does it work? worth the money? and does it really not damage? and, any tips how not to get a regular straightner to do any damage? i tried spray, but it doesen't work. also my hair is wavy medium lenth/thick. whaddya think?

Hey love! Personally I've never tried instyler, but I do have a couple tips!  For each time you straighten, you don't have to do it every single day.  If you do it one day, you can wear a shower cap while you shower, and save the straightened look from the day before.  Sadly...the pricier straighteners are less damaging.  If you're willing to invest in a less-damaging straightener you could try going to Target or a beauty store like Ulta or Sephora.  They sell straighteners that are "safer", but remember all products that use heat aren't necessarily "healthy" for hair.

Megan R.

by bobbert1230 on 12/1/2009 4:22:44 PM

Great that you care! I agree you can try and let him talk it out, but you may need outside help.

********************************************************
Are you into fantasy books? Couldn't get enough Twilight, Harry Potter, witches, wizards or knights in shining armor? Well heres a club for you! Join the Fantasy Book Club Today!
**********************************************************************

Just SEARCH Fantasy Book Club!

************************************************************

by lasagna on 12/1/2009 4:09:33 PM

TELL HIM U LOVE HIM. SRY BOUT DA CAPS. IT IS LOCKED AND I CNT UNLOCK IT

by Julianna32899 on 12/1/2009 3:15:50 PM

Well ummm tell an adult! Eryn G.

by peacelovepuppies on 12/1/2009 3:07:18 PM

I agree with Jean Lee. There are kids in my classes that chew and it's gross, not to mention unhelathy! Just support him to the best of your abilities!

by Confessions_from_Luna on 12/1/2009 11:09:16 AM

same problem about my friends...cept its not tobacco...

by vana903 on 12/1/2009 8:35:41 AM

Woahh thats huge! But I agree with Jean Lee you should just show him u care and maybe help him out with his stresses or let him talk about his problems when he's so depressed.

Check out my profile girls, and please leave a comment & please please please join club sfcfc, thanks!

by SportyGal on 12/1/2009 8:07:28 AM

thats sad...comment on my pro!!

by godsgirl2u on 12/1/2009 7:30:08 AM

Some kids in my school chew tobacco. Then again we are in the deep south.
~~~MICKI~~~