11 HOURS AGO It is never too soon to start thinking about fall fashion! Here are some of our favs: #GLStyle http://t.co/ur0KcH2S0v

12 HOURS AGO #Quiz: Is you friend a real friend? http://t.co/KiJFbS0la7

14 HOURS AGO Excited to be back at school? Show off your new nerdy nails that girls will die for! http://t.co/HljuRfVyHY

COMMENTS

Can I skip my period?

I'm going on a ski trip for the holidays, and I KNOW that's it's the same date as my period. Ugh. Is there anyway that...

MOD:
Okay, well, my period isn't like what everyone else describes. I've had it for about half a year now, and it only lasts two days. I don't get any cramps and I don't get emotional. Also I don't feel bloated or anything like that.........and it's always really light. I don't even wear pads!

Hey girl, you're really lucky then! =]

Lauren R.

by prettypinkconverse on 7/6/2010 9:42:10 PM

Hey girls!!

I will answer any questions you have about boys, schoolwork, and/or your period! I have been thru it all and i can answer anything!!

xoxo
Mad

by love2dance24 on 6/14/2010 2:01:30 PM

Hey Fellow Teen Girlies,
Im Here To Give Advice, And Answer Questions!
Sometimes The GL Mods Can Get A Bit Busy!
If You Have Any Advice You Need Help With Or A Question You Need Answered, I'm Your Go To Gal.
Please Visit My Profile If You Ever Need Help Or Advice,Have A Question, Or Just Want To Say Hello (:
Have A Nice Day And Lets Be Friends!
XOXOXOXOXOXO

MOD Liza SmileSmileSmileSmile:0) SmileSmileSmile (: :p (0: <3 <3

by mileycalyx on 6/10/2010 9:19:26 PM

Mod (: I need help. Tampons freak. me. out. I'm like borderline terrified to use them. But during the summer, my mom gets pretty mad at me if I dont use them. I used them twice a few years ago, but it hurt SO bad when i took it out so now I'm scared to use them. Now when I try using them, it won't go in, & it hurts when I try to. I know I must be doing something wrong, but I dont know what =/ I really dont wanna miss out on my summer, but I dont know what else to do? Do you have any tips or advice? Thanks so so much<3

Hey girl, I know tampons can be way difficult.  If you are putting them in correctly, it shouldn't cause you pain.  This article might help:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/007-Period-Advice.aspx.  It takes time and practice to get used to them.  I would also talk to your mom about it.  Let her know that you're trying, but you're having trouble.  If she really wants you to use them, she might have some suggestions for you too.

Marie H.

by lovelovelove5 on 6/10/2010 6:28:15 PM

Is it weird for a 11 year to have their period? I do, and I'm embarrassed. What do I do?

by beenity6 on 4/25/2010 7:15:25 PM

MOD
my period usually comes somewhere from the 10th-15th of each month. problem is march break (i think you call it spring break in the USA) comes at that week EVERY SINGLE YEAR. which means EVERY SINGLE YEAR i'll be on my period during march break. this makes me miserable!!! i'll never have fun on a beach vacation because i'd have to wear tampons all day everyday which i'm just not doing. what can i do?????????

Hey girl, I am sorry about that. You could ask your mom about going to the doctor to see if there is anything you can do about that.

Kayla C.

by kgirlpanda on 4/16/2010 5:47:32 PM

Hey girl,I feel ur pain jus pack sum pads or tampons (wateva u use) and have so much fun dat u'll be fine! Also, ROCK DAT HILL! Smile

by King Girl3 on 4/2/2010 8:44:22 PM

I don't know how u feel cuz i don't have my thing yet but my friend did . SO just be prepared ok

by cre8tive_2114 on 3/18/2010 5:02:12 PM

mod,
i dont have my period yet but i have a question. i play 4 sports (basketball, soccer, lacrosse, and track, plus im starting field hockey next fall. and im not on a team or anything but i swim a lot!!!)so will that effect the length or how light my periods are? just wondering...
thx.

Hey girl, check out this page and see if it helps -- http://www.girlslife.com/hub/periods-period.aspx
Lauren R.

by icybridge on 3/13/2010 2:12:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD hey i was just wondering if there was a way that i could make me period stop or less hevier. Cause lately when i have my period and i'm at school i always need to chang my pad because i am soo heavy.i and i when i have my period i feel like i can't go any where like to my friends house because i don't want to keep going to the bathroom all the time! i'm kind of scared to use a tampon cause first of all i don't know were it goes and second i don't want to be uncomfertable all day. my mom said that sometimes they ca be uncomfertable. Any advice?

Hey girl,
If you're having period drama, this is a great link:

http://www.girlslife.com/hub/periods-period.aspxI would def talk to your parent or doctor if it's causing you probs.  They can help you figure out what's best for your bod.  Best wishes!

Marie H.