11 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

15 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

16 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

GL interns: Where are they now?

Sure, we check in with our current interns every week, but ever wonder what happens to girls who used to intern at GL? We've asked some ex-interns to tell us what they're up to.

MOD!
I would like to work in the magazine business one day and i was wondering two things. 1.What type of degree do you need? 2. Do you need to be good at English (such as grammar, great writer) Thanks!!

Hey babe,

It depends on what department you work in at the magazine, but YES - writing skills are a major plus in almost every career you could pursue.  There are degrees in English or creative writing that you could study toward, but you can also major in Media, Communications, Business...the list goes on depending on the school that you go to and what they offer.  Personally, what I think is most important is the experience you get through working and internships.  Once you get to your senior year in high school or freshman year of college, start thinking about finding internships in order to make helpful contacts and learn about the "hidden" side of the magazine industry.  You'll have to work hard but you can do it!

Lauren C.

by flute4ever on 3/23/2010 4:50:51 PM

i think it is si awsome that they had got to work for GL

by missawsome2112 on 3/13/2010 4:26:00 PM

cramp cramp pain alot of pain

by paula on 2/25/2010 6:28:52 PM

MOD I live very near to Baltimore! Where can I get info on applying for an internshipat GL?

Hey chica, click this link ( http://www.girlslife.com/page/contact.aspx )and scroll down to where you see Intern at GL? All you have to do is submit some writing and a resume. Good luck hope ya get it! Interning at GL is soo fun and ya learn so much. I live in Bmore too! Smile

Lynae P.

by Leafpool96 on 1/6/2010 4:26:00 PM

MOD how old do i have to be to work at GL?

Hey chica!

Our interns are mostly college students, but we do offer shorter opportunities for girls who are 12 and up that live around the Baltimore, MD area (that's where our office is!)

Liz R.

by Leafpool96 on 1/6/2010 7:15:43 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
i dont live near baltimore (a few states away though). when im older, can i still work there?

Hey chica!  You have to live near Baltimore to work at GL so you can make it to the office.  If you have family in the Baltimore area, see if you can stay with them in order to intern/ work at GL.

Tyler J.

by alpha_girlie on 1/4/2010 6:56:34 AM

I remember Alyssa, L'Oreal and Allie! I'll miss you!

by furuba97 on 1/4/2010 12:05:00 AM

I remember Allie and Jami! I miss them Frown

check out my profile, and leave a comment, thx!

by rosebubbles101 on 1/3/2010 11:18:21 PM

i remember a lot of those interns as being mods, thats cool
i think it would be awesome to work for a newspaper or magazine im taking yearbook as an elective and i have found that i suck at meeting deadlines Frown

by dogluver82 on 1/3/2010 10:30:23 PM

I remember most of those interns!! ROCK ON GIRLS!!!! SmileSmileLaughingLaughingLaughing

Hey Girls,

Cyberbullying is something that no one wants to go through. If you have been cyberbullied before or want to support those that have, please check out GL Girls Against CyberBullying. It is a new club started by PeaceLoveDisneyWorld123. We want to help you through it, support you, and offer any advice we can.

Please check out GL Girls Against CyberBullying.

by lasagna on 1/3/2010 10:19:51 PM

**************************************************
Hey everybody i just was letting you guys know that i give advice...great advice at that on just about anything and can answer your questions in about one day,two day tops...so check out my profile and get to asking!!!
**************************************************

by shoelover on 1/3/2010 10:19:02 PM

I remember ALLIE!!!!!!

by samigurl on 1/3/2010 9:57:31 PM

MOD~MOD~MOD So it sounds like most of the Gl interns are high school/college age.... Can you be too OLD to be an intern? I live really far away from Maryland but I'd love to be a GL intern. So I was wondering if I could be an intern after college. Thanks!!!

Hey girl! We have girls intern that are all ages, even after college! Grab that degree and if you're still interested in GL, check us out!

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by emilyroxmysoxoff96 on 1/3/2010 9:25:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi! I've read and loved GL for so long and I really want to become an intern. I live in Towson, which is pretty much in Baltimore. I'm in 9th grade. Could I become an intern? And how would I go about it?
Thankies!!!!
<3 lemonz

Hey girl! You can go online to get info on becoming an intern at GL.
Eryn G.

by lemonz101 on 1/3/2010 8:27:39 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!!!!
How old do you have to be to be an intern? Just wondering! And what does an intern acually do?

Hey girl! You have to live near baltimore .
Eryn G.

by lovebites1610 on 1/3/2010 7:43:55 PM

if you like the gone series by Micheal Grant then join this club.

quizzes/polls/book discussions

by club gone series on 1/3/2010 6:32:41 PM

So cool! I remember some of the interns! I want to be a journalist for a mag too! I am the senior editor of my high school newspaper and it's hard work, especially when high school students don't understand my love and drive for journalism. It would be awesome being an intern for GL.
Thanx for sharing this!!
♥ Tiger

by tiger on 1/3/2010 6:16:00 PM

That is great being an intern, it gives us all hope that we can write and do things for our schools paper or doing other things like write online stories.

by luckykel on 1/3/2010 3:36:03 PM

how do u become a intern? were is it again?

by kdwb on 1/3/2010 3:07:11 PM

Join CLUB GLAMOUROUS! This is a club made for girls to chat and express themselves in a fun, safe,& kind way. We have surveys, polls, quizzes, & so much more for you to have fun with! Here at club glam you get the opportunity to be a glamour girl. What’s a glamour girl? Any girl who is charitable, virtuous, & not afraid to be themselves(who are awesome girls)! We’re all about celebrating individuality(what makes u unique & special),creativity, reviewing & chatting about ur fav reads, celebs, TV shows & movies, fashion, & getting & giving advice!
SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
Also Join The Pretty Committee <3. For all The Clique obsessed cuties out there!
Looking for a club to join? Are you a club looking for more members? Go to FindUrClub right away!
Plz be sure to check out my own personal profile- popstar8899!
Much luv,
Smilett, the president and alpha of Club Glamourous, FindUrClub, and The Pretty Committee <3

by CLUB GLAMOUROUS! on 1/3/2010 2:05:57 PM

Cool! When im older i will DEFIANTLY become a mod!

by blackrose800 on 1/3/2010 1:48:08 PM

Hey blogger babes! Looking for a fun hang-out spot on GL?
CHECK OUT THE GL BLOG!!

WHAT IS THE GL BLOG? We are a fun open environment available for ALL girls to come and join the fun! We have lots of fun activities like quizzes, Blog About This topics, games, and more to come! We are constantly growing and adding more fun things to do!

ARE THERE JOBS? Nope! Everyone is an equal part of the club! Post quizzes, fashion tips, book reviews, vent, get advice, and more! Like I said, this is a very open environment! We do have specialty bloggers, who blog about one particular topic. Sign up today to become a specialty blogger!!!

HOW DO I BECOME A PART OF THIS? Just post a comment on our New Member's Page saying you would like to join, and then head on over to our club page and start the fun!!

MORE INFO ABOUT THE GL BLOG? We are growing daily and are continuing to add new activities! Every day we have new blog topics, quizzes, music lists, activities and more! If you would like to become a part of this, please post a comment on our New Member's Page!!!

IF YOU:

a. Love blogging, sharing your ideas with girls, and participating in fun daily activities...

b. Need to vent, get advice, or just want somewhere fun to hang out...

c. Are a GIRL...

...Then this is for YOU!!

HOPE YOU JOIN US!!

XOXO

~Your Friends at the GL Blog<3

by The GL Blog New Member's Page! on 1/3/2010 1:04:07 PM

i would love to intern at GL

2 bad i live in florida =( lol

by declaration on 1/3/2010 12:26:16 PM

That would be awsome, i love to write!

by mandiwillbeyourmod on 1/3/2010 11:04:06 AM

Here is my survey... give the answers on my page.
1. Team Jacob or Edward
2. Tankinis or bikinis
3. coke or pepsi
4. liquid or pencil eyeliner
5. Florida or France
6. Summer or Fall
7. flip flops or sandals
8. Skinny jeans or boot-cuts

by justicecookie on 1/3/2010 11:02:50 AM

GO INTERNS!!! U guys rock!

by justicecookie on 1/3/2010 10:54:32 AM

*******Smile NEEDED Smile************

1 Fashion and Beauty Girl
1 VP
1 Entertanment Girl
3 Advice Girls!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Sound like you want one of those? Then try out! The apps. are on the club! ****All apps. must be turned in before Jan.4 I am picking the jobs on Jan.4!***********

~Club Fashion and Beauty♥♫

by Club Fashion and Beauty on 1/3/2010 9:54:21 AM

Thats really cool. I hope I get this opportunity one day.

xoxo