9 HOURS AGO 7 cute characters with closets to die for: http://t.co/Ls6Dd4Ygey

12 HOURS AGO #YouWroteIt! Check out this poem written by an awesome #GLgirl: http://t.co/c0qORtXZJL

13 HOURS AGO Kick your feet up in these fab flats: http://t.co/N5dTQXVe9K

COMMENTS

Always angry at mom

I'm so mean to my mom and I just don't know what to do. It’s like everything she says ticks me off. She's so overdramatic...

MODMODMOD!!!!
Im really mean to my mom and brother espeicaly.I dont want to be though when i see them i just get so mad please help

Hey girlie,

You need to CONSTANTLY remind yourself that they don't deserve to be treated mean. You're getting frustrated and angry, and then taking it out on the people who happen to be near you. Instead of keeping this cycle going, you need to figure out what's causing you to get so angry. Then you need to find another way to channel that anger - writing in a journal, belting out a song, going for a jog, etc. Just remember how much you love your family and how much it hurts them when you act mean to them. That should be enough to make you want to change your ways!! <3
Lauren C.

by bunnybaby on 6/14/2012 11:09:18 PM

Hey MOD, My mom gets really annoying when shes always telling me what to do i fell like yelling at her but i dont know what i can to to let my anger out another way sometimes i cry instead but it really doesnt help and its like shes trying to ruin my life instead of helping me ehat should i do ?

Hey girly,
You should try writing it out in a journal or diary. Talking out your feeling like that really helps.

Catie C.

by tinkiwinki on 8/12/2011 11:32:49 AM

MOD MOD!!!!
I REALLY need help. I feel like I have a HUGE problem. My family isn't "normal" My 7 year old brother has autism, my 3 year old brother is very hyper and is sometimes out of control. My mom is dealing with stress and depression. Our house is so horrible looking. I am a little overweight too. I don't have many friends, so I rely on the computer to help me, I'm constantly online. I can't have friends over because it's just too emmbarassing and my mom won't let me, I can't even go out with friends or anything. I can't ever go to a friends house. I feel like I have a horrible life, and I just don't know what to do. I also can't date or anything, and my dad has a horrible temper. Just, please help me!

Hey girl, you need to talk to a guidance counselor or therapist about all this first of all. They can give you the professional teammate you need to get through this. Second, get involved in school next semester: it'll get you outside the house (so no bro or 'rent drama) and introduce you to some people who share your interests. From there, focus on yourself and keeping peace during the times you are home but at the same time remembering there is life outside it.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lalvan411 on 7/20/2010 12:47:07 AM

I am sorry about your situation.

by sixteengirl93 on 5/17/2010 7:30:10 PM

MOD!
ok well...my mother died a year ago in june and i'm living with my grandma. i hate her. honestly hate her. i can't stand her. the way she treats me like i'm HER daughter. i'm not her anything. were not even blood realated. she's always treatening me out of the house and on to the street. i'm 13 but very mature for my age. i'm in love with an amazing guy and his brother is my close friend. there moving to miami from germany on wendsday and if my grandma threatens me out of the house one more time i swear i'm moving with them. i mean i would get to see my love every morning when i wake up instead of my grandma. plus my friend is also my bff's first love as well and close friend. she would come with me. she said she would. so i would have my love and bff. how great is that? i can't stand all the stess she's putting me on and i'm already emo. i just want my perfect fairy tale endning. which might be hard to get...but it could happen. i would have to run away though...i'm sure it's a bad idea. but it seems so teampting. what's a girl to do?

Hey girl, you need to have a sit down talk with your grandma about how's she's treating you. And if she doesn't respond then try talking to a counselor at your school. I think there are many other options than running away. Especially because you don't have a job it's really not a good idea to just pack up and leave.
Lauren R.

by animal-lover300 on 5/8/2010 2:22:27 PM

Hey MOD!
My mom's birthday is coming up. She don't usually have a celebration for her, but we always get her presents. She doesn't really mind if we get her anything or not, but we always do. What's something special we could do for her birthday this year? It has to be something at home, and money isn't a problem (well, it can't be too much money because she'll notice). THANK YOU!!

Hey Girl! What about putting together a scrapbook of memories, notes, and pictures? Talk to the rest of your family and see what types of things you can all compile together! xo Lizzie
lizzie n.

by Bookbutterfly on 3/17/2010 2:52:33 PM

mod mod mod u dont have to read this but it would b nice to have some advice my mom and i fight a lot yesterday she told me to "STOP BEING SUCH A CRY BABY" i feel like im in Cinderella but insted of sisters i have a brother who of corse is older than me! i have thought about y she does this but i cant figure it out! i think i might b like adopted mabey? does that make sense that she adopted me to do all the hard stuff? and then i will loose my temper and get in trouble! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to get out of here! her and my dad got a divorce and she acts like it doesnt effect me at all! we had to move into a smaller house in the city! we dont have enough money to get anything for me... i went to my friends house yesterday and she had just gotten back from the mall and i was tryin to b nice so i asked her to show me what she got and she got a bunch of really cute stuff and she got like one sash thing for like 20$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a pair of addorable shorts for like 20$! and for living off a teacher sallary with three people in the house thats a lot for a pair of shorts! i get like all my clothes from resale shops! i probubly have like 4 outfits that r actually new! my other freind complains about havin hand me downs! i rather have those than not know who wore my clothes b 4 me!!!!! UGH my dad got laid off. thank u sooooooooooooooooooo much for listening!!!!!!!!!!!! its good to have someone to talk to. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -helpless

Hey girl,
I am so sorry you're having a tough time.  It's completely normal to fight with your mom.  Just remember, she loves you more than anything, and she's probably having a difficult time also dealing with her divorce and finances and everything.  Try to be there for her.  You guys have each other, and you can be there for each other.  Talk to her and let her know how you're feeling.  And about having to wear used clothes, remember, it doesn't matter WHAT you wear, it only matters HOW you wear it.  As long as you have confidence and a smile on your face, all eyes will be on you.  Trust me! good luck girl, and keep your chin up!  things will get better, i promise Smile

Leora F.

by bree123 on 3/17/2010 12:55:44 AM

MOD!!!!
Me and my mom fight all the time. It's usually about doing chores around the house. I am stuck doing everything while my two brothers sit downstairs and do nothing. I love my mom and I would do anything for her 'cause I know how hard she works to support me, since my dad would pay Child Support. But, She doesn't see that. I try and do all the things I can, but its hard to juggle school, work, archery, swimming, exercising, making supper, cleaning my room, doing the laundry, sweeping the floors, and still have time for myself! I ask her once in a while if I can hang out with friends or catch a movie but she always says " What do you do for me". I do everything for her and this is really starting to make me mad. What do I do? I try explaining how I am feeling but she just starts yelling. I need a different approach!

Hey Girl! Try writing a letter to your mom. Write a few drafts so that you can be sure you say the right things in the right way. Let her know everything that is bothering you but still letting her know how much she means to you. Give some suggestions for how things could work better around the house. She won't be able to interrupt you this time! xo Lizzie
lizzie n.

by MusicIsInMyBlood on 2/19/2010 11:33:25 AM

MODMODMOD!!! my parents are always mad at me or i am always mad at them... i always fight with my lil sis and i am not exactlly an angel or anything but im not like a demon or some thing. how can i stop fighting with my sis so much and stop making my parennts so mad at me... and my dad is a truck driver so he isn't usually home very much and when he is home he is glued to the computer or with his friends... how can i get him to pay more attention to me and my sis?... sorry this is so long
thx Smile

Hi darlin, if you know youre doing things that bother people, stop them. If you stop arguing then the people around you will stop arguing. Just keep in mind that your mom is probably stressed without your dad around all the time and your dad is probably exhausted. It might be easier to just suck it up and a let things go rather than try to win fights. xo JANA

jana k.