8 HOURS AGO Sweater weather also happens to be smoothie weather. Snag our recipes for seasonal sips: http://t.co/s00kRlDnDq #pumpkinspiceeverything

8 HOURS AGO RT @PeytonList: Lots of great questions! Keep them coming on @girlslifemag Facebook! 😻�pic.twitter.com/iuIzoC1K4Q4Q

8 HOURS AGO The lovely @PeytonList is answering Qs on our FB wall *right now!* Head to http://t.co/7oz2xj5ydi to join in! #glpeyton #peytonlist

COMMENTS

My brother's been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome

My five-year-old brother was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, I love him more than anything but I don't know what to do. He has lots of...

Hey, I know exactly how you feel. My little sister is six and she Asperger's along with ADHD. We adopted her when she was two, and she was always... well, I wouldn't say different, because I've got no idea how a "normal" little sister acts. If I had to describe it, I'd say she acts like my three year old little brother. My mom puts it this way; emotionally, she's three, inttelectually, she's seven or eight. She was abused and molested before she came to us, so that just adds to the mess. She used to act really crazy and wild when she got wound up, but since we've started her on medication for her ADHD, she's been WAY better. Still innapropriate at times, though... Anyway, I totally get your situation. Bye!

by peanut47 on 1/25/2010 3:45:02 PM

My brother has Asperger's syndrome. He's 23, and it's been really hard for him school-wise and socially. I love him so much and we're so close, but it definitely took a while. When I was younger, I just didn't understand that he needs different things than I do and he just doesn't think the same way I do. He's had a lot of trouble in school but now he's working towards an Associate's Degree in computer programming and I am so proud of him! He's been through a lot with this, and I have so much respect for him. The most important thing you can do is just be there for him. Spend some time with him and get to know him really well. My brother and I had some rough patches, but once I got to know him better, we became super-close.

by Quartet on 1/24/2010 7:42:44 PM

Hey Girlies!Here's 15 Must Haves to acheive gorgeousness (;
15. Secret Va Va Vanilla deodorant
14.Cetaphil Gentile Skin Cleanser- This made my face feel and look amazing!-sometimes I go a little overboard with acne products and this always gets my face back to normal
13. Chanel cream concealer- splurge on this. It is worth it.
12.Lip gloss-I'm almost positive it gives you a confidence boost.
11. Pomegranete seeds- although this isn't a beauty product, they taste amazing, are good for you, and help clear your face
10. Clean and Clear Acne Spot Treatment- this has cleared the skin of 100% of people who have tried it
9.The GIRLS book series- for times when you need a good read.
8. Any type of mascara
7.Lilac nail polish- looks so simple and elegant
6.Dark wash jeans
5.A good eyebrow wax- Makes your whole face look great. Go to a nail salon to do this, they are cheap and usually do a great job.
4.SMILE- This makes you look much better and its free!
3.Face Masks
2.Tinted Moisturizer
1.A haircut that frames your face
If you liked these tips, join ClubGorgeous!

by ClubGorgeous on 1/23/2010 8:32:36 PM

:O COMING SOON! :O
The newest hot spot for all things beauty is coming soon. BeautyBuzz is like a newsletter containing beauty secrets, beauty how-to's, advice, and more! I'm Megan, founder of BeautyBuzz. You can contact me for more deets or if you have any questions on my personal profile: pearlnagem. (You might know me from TheAlphaCouncil.) Please consider visiting BeautyBuzz--coming soon!

xoxo,
Megan
BeautyBuzz

by BeautyBuzz on 1/23/2010 11:14:46 AM

OKAY I FEEL SOOO BAD Alyssa B.

by designer13 on 1/22/2010 9:40:16 PM

You can be a great example for your brother!
Here is a poem I love that inspires me to get up and be the best I can be!

Dare to Be

When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully.

When there is darkness, dare to be the first to shine a light.

When there is injustice, dare to be the first to condemn it.

When something seems difficult, dare to do it anyway.

When life seems to beat you down, dare to fight back.

When there seems to be no hope, dare to find some.

When you’re feeling tired, dare to keep going.

When times are tough, dare to be tougher.

When love hurts you, dare to love again.

When someone is hurting, dare to help them heal.

When another is lost, dare to help them find the way.

When a friend falls, dare to be the first to extend a hand.

When you cross paths with another, dare to make them smile.

When you feel great, dare to help someone else feel great too.

When the day has ended, dare to feel as you’ve done your best.

Dare to be the best you can –

At all times, Dare to be!

© Steve Maraboli

by shobbs555 on 1/22/2010 5:21:10 PM

sry!

by supergirl52 on 1/21/2010 8:57:22 PM

Oh like that dude from Degrassi.
Sorry, I love learning about diseases. (I have an obsession)

So sorry about the syndrome your brother's dealing with though.

by NJessicaN on 1/20/2010 9:22:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MODMOD
ok so tommorw i have studay hall for an hour and a half!! cuz of a thing we have called block day! i have no homework. and i dont wanna read a book. can u give me suggestions of things i can do im gonna go insane!! if i cant think of anything! plz hlep! thanksSmile

Hey girl, try writing a story or drawing a cute pic for your friends.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by jb4eva94 on 1/20/2010 7:44:00 PM

Yeah my 15 year old brother has that too, but it is not that bad. He doesn't really understand some things like emotions and socializing, but i love him, and it isnt sad at all it's who he is. It has also made him a super genius, not joking he is the smartest person i know! There's no need to worry, he is just as lovable as my youger brother. <3

by colorCute4 on 1/20/2010 6:58:01 PM