Bridget M.

is modding

2 HOURS AGO 6 new Christmas music videos we can't stop watching: http://t.co/N2g6v5Tq9l

3 HOURS AGO Deck your nails! Christmas mani inspo: http://t.co/1YDVUPbPoR

4 HOURS AGO How to deal with a super-strict dad: http://t.co/CuQ1uUykKt

COMMENTS

My brother's been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome

My five-year-old brother was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, I love him more than anything but I don't know what to do. He has lots of...

I have asperger's too. it's not a big deal for me. i am just more awkward than most girls and i talk out loud to myself like a maniac.

by bugsbunny2009 on 1/20/2010 5:59:33 PM

Hey. My little sis was diagnosed with Asperger's when she was two. When she was little, it was really obvious. She began talking later than most kids and walking and all that fun stuff. When she was six, her condition began to improve and her helper was able to leave us forever. Well, today's her eleventh birthday and until recently, she didn't know about the diagnosis. She is just like any other boy or girl in the fifth grade. I really hope the same happens with your brother.

MOD: I swear no boys like me because I'm flat chested. They treat me like a little kid! I'm not; I'm 14 and have already gone through everything puberty related except getting boobs. It's so annoying. I swear boys are shallower than girls.

by lesmiserables7 on 1/20/2010 5:13:32 PM

that's tough, but ur such a good sister!

by hit.the.surfs. on 1/20/2010 1:28:03 PM

Awww. My Brother Is like that He Is Not Yet Diagnosed. It is very hard - you can't play games with them because they won't understand - you cant move house because he'll get upset. It is soo sad.. You often wonder how they will grow up like...

by Aryanaprincess on 1/20/2010 10:30:53 AM

My BFF is coming 2 my house for a sleepover, we normally get so bored, any ideas?

Hi babes, plan a movie night, make some cookies or designer popcorn, get cozy and just relaaaaaax. xo JANA

jana k.

by purple_stars on 1/19/2010 10:56:55 PM

i feel your pain.... my dad has aspergers syndrome, it's really sad, because they can't really understand emotions or express them. Hamg on there,it might even bring you closer!

by purple_stars on 1/19/2010 10:55:14 PM

oh my gosh, I read the promo for this article and clicked on it immediatly. My bro also has aspergers. Although he seems to have a milder case than your bro, he can be really funny sometimes. The whole having problems with interacting with others sometimes makes my brother say really inapropriate things that my family can't help but laugh at. People with aspergers a lot of the time go on to be really out there geniouses. So keep a look out! My bro spells at a college level and is in 5th while I'm in 6th grade and probably spelled a bunch of things wrong in the comment. Smile Keep your head up and clue your friends in. They'll have a better apreciation for you and they might interact with your brother better than you, just because they know what he's going through and they don't live with him.

by annabean97 on 1/19/2010 10:40:49 PM

hey mod,
I don't feel really close to any of my friends. I don't really have a 'best friend' or a friend that I'm really close to at all! We all hang out at school but out of school we rarely talk on the phone/computer and we rarely ever go out together! I really want to make memories so my friends and I can look back and have good things to talk about us being young when we're older but I'm afraid that I'll end up loosing all of my friends because I'm not that close. What can I do? please please please help!
thanks,
ash

Hey babes, I am glad you see the importance of having some close friends. They are priceless. The first step is planning stuff that brings all of you together. If you get into the habit of making memories your friends will catch on and appreciate it.  Take a lot of pictures and make scrapbooks for everyone.  xo JANA

jana k.

by sweetreddancer on 1/19/2010 10:25:16 PM

MODMODMOD!
alright so me and my bgf has been super close for about six months. me and my boyfriend have been together almost three months. is it wrong to kiss my bgf on the cheek? should i just not do that? or is it totally normal? please and thank you (:

Hey babes, yeah I dont think you should be kissing him, even if its friendly. I only kiss my guy friends on the cheek if they give me a birthday present or when they arrive to meet me somewhere. That is just the polite thing to do. But other than that I dont kiss them because that would be more of a personl/relationship move. xo JANA

jana k.

by Matagirl13 on 1/19/2010 10:00:29 PM

My brother has that too. I love him to pieces but sometimes he gets soooooo stressed he blames me or my other sister for doing things we didn't do. I feel ho you feel.

by GabbyRocks1010 on 1/19/2010 9:21:06 PM