9 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

12 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

13 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

I have hair on my upper lip, like a mustache!

I want to get rid of it but don’t know how. I tried tweezing it, but it hurts. Many dark-haired girls and even some blondes have...

Everyone has hair on their face, but I have natural black hair Frown and it gets noticable! I really like the sally hansen it really works but it kind of burns and another thing is you can trim it DONT SHAVE IT WHATEVER YOU DO one of my friends did and its just not good but they have like little siccors for that!

by Maddie90871 on 3/11/2013 10:40:51 AM

MOD
Why do my comments never get posted? Does someone have to approve them before the get posted up on the website?

Hey girl, your comments should get posted, but they might not be posted immediately because a moderator has to approve them first.  If a comment is inappropriate, it gets deleted.  Check out this helpful info all about comments on the GL website: Rules of the Road

Karin E.

by peacelove13 on 3/11/2013 5:37:55 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
is it okay to shave your arms? I have really dark arm and leg hair, like BLACK, and nobody else had that. They all made fun of me for it, so I shaved it off. The thing is I'm really uncomfortable with my arms now. My grandmas likes to touch my arms and I have to wear a sweater around her because I'm afraid she'll feel the prickles. I just wanted to know if that was something I shouldn't have done.
Also is it okay to shave your moustache if you're a girl?

Hey girl, all you have to do is stop shaving your arms and your hair will grow out to a nice, softer length again.  Check out this post: "Eek! I shaved my arm hair."  Try talking to your mom and suggest an alternative to shaving your arms, like bleaching.  Here's another great post: "Embarrassed by arm hair."  To avoid the same stubble-y problem you're having with your arms, it is best not to shave your upper lip.  Just like this post recommends, bleach is a good idea to lighten the hair.  Or, visit a professional to get it waxed or threaded.  Best of luck, chica.

Karin E.

by peacelove13 on 3/11/2013 5:31:33 AM

mod mod mod
ok so ive been going out with this guy for about a month, ive never had arealtionship like this ever in my life. he loves me and i love him. we are really happy together and perfect for eachother but theres only one problem, His mom doesnt want him to have a gf. ive never actually met her but he got in trouble for ditching school to see me. the only way we could hang out after that was in secret. Yesterday he ditched soccer practice to hang with me.. We were in an alleyway and we saw his mom. i ran away really quickly but hse still saw me. plus shes seen my facebook and instagram profile and theres a lot of bikini pics so i think she has the wrong idea about me. she didnt ebven know i exsisted until she went through his phone and saw pictures of us. shes super strict and wont let him do anything. idk what to do! I love him but i cant see him, please give me advice!!!
thanks (:

Hey girlie, ask him to ask his mom if you can come over for dinner one night. Maybe getting the chance to meet you and see what a great girl you really are will make her feel better about your relationship and change her mind. You should also discourage your bf from skipping school and practice to spend time with you. His mom probably thinks that because of that you're a bad influence and not someone she wants her son to hang out with.

Lauren T.

by Slothyy on 3/10/2013 8:09:00 PM

mod mod
why don't you guys answer my questions? Frown

Hey girlie,

We are working every day to bring you answers to your questions, and I'm sorry if we've overlooked anything you've asked! I don't see any pending comments from your username, but if you repost I would be happy to answer whatever you like!

Meghan D.

by xoxojillianxo on 3/10/2013 12:01:52 AM

mod mod- okay im in my last year of middle school but i wanna start fresh in new highschool next year i want to be a cute sweet girl who everyone wants to be like and come to for advice how do i dress like it

Hey girlie,

Instead of focusing on dressing a certain way, if you want people to think you're sweet, you could start with how you act! Introduce yourself to people in your classes and join clubs to meet girls with similar interests to yours, and if you're nice to them they'll definitely think you're sweet Smile And just dress in whatever makes you feel comfortable and feel like you, because being yourself is the best dress code you can follow Smile

Meghan D.

by treashow13 on 3/9/2013 11:06:30 PM

Honestly, I don't think waxing hurts that badly. I've waxed twice and it usually lasts for 4-5 weeks. It just kinda stings for a second, then it's over. I'd chose waxing hands down because it doesn't involve rubbing harmful chemicals on your skin. I'd choose a little bit of sting instead of harmful chemicals on my skin.

Waxing FTW

by HappyFeet16 on 3/9/2013 8:18:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Everytime I use my hair remover cream I find little pink/red spots where the hair used to be, what is it and do you know any way to get rid of it

Helen S.

by hottie1250 on 3/9/2013 4:44:12 PM

I've heard that BB creams are magical--my bestie swears by them--and I wish I could use one, but I can't. I'm highly allergic to most sunscreens and every BB cream I've researched says it has SPF. Do you know of any that don't have SPF at all? Oh and also, I have very sensitive skin but I also have breakouts. Most acne washes dry my skin out and/or irritate it. Do you know of any super gentle, hypoallergenic acne wash? I've done a lot of research but the ones I've found have mixed reviews. Thank you so much!

Hey! I haven't heard any, but don't lose hope! The best thing would be for you to consult a dermatologist, but if you can't do that, go to any makeup or skincare counter at like a department store or a sephora and ask what the experts there think would be best, also maybe this link will help: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/04/17/moisturizer-cleanser-by-skin-type.aspx

Helen S.

by Peace*Love*Converse on 3/9/2013 3:51:08 PM

I have this comment because i am a brunette. Last year, my mom when shopping ( I forgot where ) and came back with a product made for removing upper lip hair.I never used it though, I just forgot about it. Does anyone know if these products help?

by knightreader on 3/9/2013 1:56:51 PM