Bridget M.

is modding

5 HOURS AGO 3 ways to look adorably preppy this holiday: http://t.co/urNiJo8PPo

8 HOURS AGO 6 new Christmas music videos we can't stop watching: http://t.co/N2g6v5Tq9l

9 HOURS AGO Deck your nails! Christmas mani inspo: http://t.co/1YDVUPbPoR

COMMENTS

A Private Matter

It’s gross, but my friends and I are arguing about masturbation. Does it break your virginal seal? Masturbation isn’t gross, but talking about it can be...

MOD MOD

Hey girlie,

While we encourage an open environment on Girlslife.com, some blogger babes may find your comment offensive or inappropriate. Please discontinue to ask or comment about this subject and talk to a parent, trusted friend or guidance counselor. Love and thanks! , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by mel2999 on 5/3/2013 10:51:08 PM

To any girls curious about masturbating, it is perfectly normal and even healthy. It is when you in a sexual way touch, rub, or otherwise sexually stimulate your vagina. It is (in my opinion) a safer alternative to actually having sex. It is an extremely private affair that most people are embarresed to talk about. The reason I posted this is because I think if a girl is already looking at an article like this, she wants to know the truth, no matter how private. You don't have to do it, but if you do, be sure to do it in private.
- to get other REAL answers to necessary questions about growing up, join my club "Honest Freaking Answers!"

by radkid985 on 9/29/2012 2:41:24 PM

My bf told me that guys also have their own version of a period that is also monthly, and though they don't bleed, their hormones act the same way as ours do. Is this true? What exactly causes it?

Hey! Though I don't know much about it, it's certainly true that boys experience shifts in hormones. This happens over the course of each day and even yearly with the production of testosterone, which peaks in the morning and dwindles around noon. Essentially, what he's saying is true, except that this cycle has no physical signs of being a monthly occurrence in men the way it is for women.

Helen S.

by radkid985 on 9/29/2012 1:48:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm kind of worried... (comment hidden by moderator)

Hey girlie,

Touching on the outside can't, but yes touching inside can break it. So don't be too concerned - that little bit of blood was probably due to that! It's possible you also got a little irritated, but it doesn't sound like it's something you should be worried about. Just like when you start using tampons, your bod just has to adjust to it. Being sore and spotting a little is totally normal Smile

And hope you don't mind we hid the comment... just want to play it safe with a topic that can be a little taboo/"grown-up" for some of our readers <3
Lauren C.

by wizvamp115 on 5/31/2012 6:36:27 PM

I Like goaliegirl1998,that's kinda cool and yes it is a form of masturbation. but careful with your pictures,cause you don't want anyone to find them. the key to masturbation is to have fun,feel good and plus it takes care of stress.

by ASHLEYMANETTI on 12/4/2011 6:01:38 PM

Hey girl,

No, that's not possible, so don't worry. x0x0
Casey L.

by sweetautumnsunshine on 7/6/2011 12:26:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've tried....

Its ok to feel this way. You might just not be ready for it yet. Only do what youre comfortable with and in time you comfort level with the issue will grow. For now dont fret about it! Its not necessary you do it, and if you dont, youre not weird in any way Smile xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by stylediva on 5/29/2011 1:27:05 PM

MOD MOD what do boys go thru in puberty

Hey girly, their bodies continue developing just like ours, and their voices tend to get deeper. They start to become attracted to girls and grow body and facial hair. Not too different from us. Smile

Lynae P.

by iloveecco on 5/21/2011 12:28:54 PM

When it comes to doing things with guys its better to wait to do them if you can. Some of us cant help it and cant wait but some of us can, like my cousin is fully sexually active and she is younger than I am and she seems to be doing well.

And wanting to do things with guys is just natural because of our hormones but it doesnt mean we have to do them. I struggle with that and so do many of my friends, that is why masturbation is there so it can help us get through those tough times until we are ready for sex. Taylor Mumson from GG talks about not having sex and using vibrators to help her and I agree with that.

by luckykel on 2/5/2011 12:36:00 AM

Hey... I'm 11 years old and I just got a bf that is 2 years older than me and has fingered a girl before. We've only been going out a week and he's already talking about like making out and stuff. Like I want to do this stuff but it's kinda weird because I can't talk to any adults because my parents say I'm not allowed to date... Any advice???

by Jewl12 on 2/4/2011 10:54:49 PM