1 HOURS AGO #WinToday: 5 lucky girls will step into style with these Desert Boots by Clarks USA! http://t.co/vYjFE53VId

2 HOURS AGO Sneaky excuses to get a convo going with that cutie newbie in class: http://t.co/Wsp5NBku6P #GuyAdvice

12 HOURS AGO zzz zzz zzz *wake up to drink a glass of water because thirsty always happens at 2am* zzz zzz

COMMENTS

Ending the Mom Wars

Déja vu. Are you at odds with a parent over the same prob…over and over again? Here's how to make peace, once and for all. NO...

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
I have a goal problem. I want to go on the dance team. I take classes and my coach is the owner of the studio. She has asked me if i have ever competed[i haven't]. I have made some hints to my mom about team, but she is kinda against it because of the money the traveling and the time. What can I do? PS: Tryouts are in two days so I can try-out this year or next year.
MODMODMODMODMOD

Hey girl!

I went through this exact same thing. I wanted to be on the competitive dance team but it was $16,000 a yeah. If it's really expensive, talk to your mom about it and see if it would be possible. It might be that it just costs too much, which stinks, I know. I've been there. But don't be angry if it can't happen. Your parents want the best for you, but sometimes they can't do everything they want to. I hope you get to do it! Dance your heart out for the both of us <3
Katelyn L.

by tweety545 on 8/18/2011 10:50:38 AM

Mod mod mod mod!!!!!
I wrote a comment a while ago saying how my mom was being mean to me like whenever I ask a question that she doesn't know the answer to, she would yell "go look it up on the Internet!" you told me to try giving her a hug and being nice back when she's mean to me and eventually she will stop being mean. I tried that but she is still so mean to me. We don't even talk that much anymore because now whatever I say to her now is wrong. Also I have to charge my iPod every night and she is always on the computer and she has to move for me to plug it in. she doesn't even have to move far it's only like 1 foot if that. Whenever she sees me coming she is all dramatic about moving and gives me dirty looks when she moves as if it's a big deal when it's really not. Last night she yelled "WHY DO YOU ALWAYS WAIT UNTIL IM ON THE COMPUTER TO PLUG IT IN!!!" she is always trying to make me feel guilty and it's not just me who thinks that, my brother and sister think that too. I'm always so scared to tell her because she will deny everything I say and just yell at me and tell me I overreact way to much when she's the one always overreacting about everything that goes on in our house. Now what should I do???? Please help me!!!

Hey chickie,

How is your attitude when you do these things?  Are you sure you're being pleasant and considerate?  Make a true effort to be nice - even overly nice, considering how she has been reacting. If this doesn't work, it might be time to talk to someone else about how she is acting.  Do you have a dad in the picture?  An aunt or uncle?  A grandparent?  Get your brother and sister together and go talk to a person who you trust.  Tell them everything - exactly how your mom has been acting and that you can't handle it on your own.  If you're sure you're treating her with respect and trying to be as loving as possible, you don't deserve to be treated this way <3

Lauren C.

by Sj96 on 7/11/2010 3:34:32 PM

Hey, how are you. Sorry if this question seems silly. Okay so my parents and i got in a huge fight and my dad took away my ipod, radio, tv. He says i cant have them back until I come up with a "Behavior plan" U dont understnad how embarassing it was to admit that. Anyway i wanted to find some talking back problem or arging problem articles on GL so i could print them. i cant find them, so can u help find some or give some tips. I miss my ipod Frown youtube is my only comfort...
Missing Music...

by sayali123 on 7/4/2010 6:58:00 PM

me and my mom fight all the time and these didn't help so does anybody else have more advice cuz i'm sure that there is somebody else out there like me so please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Tink5001 on 7/3/2010 9:14:16 PM

MODMODMODMOD
My mom always is mad or complaining.And that makes us fight 24/7. She even got mad because I forgot to fold a sheet.She says I don't do any work but I do! Yesterday she said no dinner for me and my sister unless I made it.What should I do? tia

Hey babe!  It sounds like your mom is using the 'tough love' approach to teach you and your sister responsibility.  If you listen to her suggestions and show her that you are trying, she may ease up.

Brittany B.

by nsr45 on 6/29/2010 9:52:04 AM

mod mod mod mod mod!!!!
so i overheard my mom saying she liked my older sister better than me bc i'm such a pain. like once we went to the mall to get me a dress and a some earrings and i got nothing but she got my sister over $300 worth of stuff worst thing is, she wasn't even there! she yells at me for everything! she yelled at me for 7 min. for not giving the dogs water and that i was going to be grounded and not do anything for the rest of summer if i didn't do wat she said. my sister slacks sometimes and i fix the mess and my mom yells at me bc my sister said i didn't do anything that day! so i go in my room and cry and my mom still yells at me! even if i ask if i should do the laundry she always yells at me! so then after bout 15 min. she'll say,"well the laundry needs to be done...... (MY NAME)!!!!!!!!!! she said i'm a spoiled brat and that i'm lazy when my sister does absolutely nothing! i take the dogs out every hour and feed them everyday and my mom still yells! help me plzzz! mod mod mod

Hey girl! That sounds awfully unfair. Maybe you need to sit down and talk to your mom one on one about how you feel. Do it in a comfortable, relaxed setting so both you and her can have a relaxed convo.

xoxo

Liz

Liz L.

by luvshorty5 on 6/20/2010 11:20:44 PM

My mom is pretty good about that. She lets me stay up to a reasonable time and lets me have privacy to some extent. We are pretty close and agree on most rules except for clothes. I have to wear leggings with short dresses which is annoying, but over all she's pretty cool!

by purplegirlae on 6/17/2010 12:20:49 AM

oh my god my mom goes CRAZY with emailing. im not kidding. she even tried to read my IMs and asked for my diary lock once! this is why I have my diary hidden as my magazine.

by devilishAngel219 on 6/15/2010 11:52:50 PM

I fight with my mom almost every single day. It's annoying.

by LostFrozenFire on 5/27/2010 12:42:04 AM

MOD! I really need some help please! Well music is MY LIFE and its like the only way for me to vent and calm me down. especially because a lot of people hate me because of rumors, so its a great way for me to forget about it. But my parents are really paranoid over the music that I listen to. I listen to music like punk and industrial and some of it doesn't even have any lyrics in it, but they wont let me listen to it because they think it has a "negative beat," and songs with lyrics they wont even let me listen to unless they have looked up the lyrics and 100% ok it. And even songs by Salena Gomez they wont let me listen to because they're like " its about her being in love" so I cant even listen to that! And songs that are basically ok they would say something like "its negative music listen to positive music." when i have read the lyrics and made sure they're ok! Even positive music they ALWAYS try and find some reason to say its bad! And recently they have blocked ALL of the websites you can listen to music on and they say listen to music on your ipod, which is hardly anything because its songs that they like, not me! without music I cant vent which makes me even more depressed and then they will get mad at me and say "the music is giving you a bad attitude" when its really them because they are ALWAYS yelling at me and threatening to punish me!ps sorry this is so long i just really need some advice! thanks!

Hey girl, try talking to them. I think you need to make it clear exactly how you feel and how music really helps you. Try to compromise with them.
lauren r.