1 HOURS AGO Check out GL's #TurkeyDay playlist:

2 HOURS AGO Celebs like @rowblanchard and @Raini_Rodriguez have us *so* thankful this Thanksgiving:

3 HOURS AGO The best (and worst) foods to eat this #Thanksgiving:

DIY Button Earrings

Have a slew of extra buttons lying around? DIY button earrings are oh-so-easy to make. Plus, it's a great proj for a day when you're stuck indoors.

okay, so maybe i just need to look at my earrings more, but how do you put them on when the button doesn't have a stick-thingy to go into the backing?
Did i miss something?

Hey girl,

You can try using super glue to make it sticky. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by horsewhisperer on 7/18/2011 3:15:27 PM

Here's my take on the idea:
Take a piece of jewelry-making wire and string on a shank button (the buttons with the little loop on the back.) Slide the button to the middle of the wire and bend it to make a "U" shape. Now take a two-hole button and slip one end of the wire into one of the holes. Slide the other end of the wire into the other hole. Add more buttons until it is the length you want. A good length to go by, depending on the thickness of the buttons, is around 5-7. Next, take a plain hook earring and twist the wire around the little hoop at the bottom of the earring. Trim excess wire. Of course, repeat the process to make two Smile

If you have any questions or anything, just ask Smile
Thanks for reading!

by SquishyKitty on 9/8/2010 2:52:25 PM

1. take a deep breath
2.think of someone you like f10 five times
4.send this to five pages
5.look at your background

by brookiecookie12 on 8/19/2010 2:22:05 AM

This is a really cool craft, but it would be nice if you posted a pic of the finished product.

by GLilyFlower on 8/8/2010 3:28:03 PM

i am scared to take out my earrings because last time i did they bled. now they are fine and my mom won't do it because she says i have to learn to do it. thx tia

Hey girlie,

Just go slow!  Sit in front of a mirror and grab a good hold on each side of the earring, then pull the backing off gently.  It sounds scary, but I promise you will be fine.  Every once in a while, our ears bleed for one reason or another - but the more experience you have with it and the longer you've had your ears pierced, the less it will happen.  If they do bleed, just make sure you have a cottonball and rubbing alcohol nearby to clean the cut and make sure it heals ok.  Also, remember to keep earrings in OFTEN so the holes don't grow over.  I've had to pop earrings through several times because my holes started to close up...owww I don't recommend it!

Lauren C.

by nsr45 on 5/30/2010 4:08:47 PM

1. take a deep breath
2.think of someone you like f10 five times
4.send this to five pages
5.look at your background

by xoxoaero96 on 5/1/2010 6:59:49 PM

1. take a deep breath
2.think of someone you like f10 five times
4.send this to five pages
5.look at your background

by clubinsidebeauty on 5/1/2010 3:40:56 PM

Coolio. Earring drive me crazy, includin the sensitie solutions and sometimes i think even like the sterling silver ones tho... i hav sensitive earssss

by cassieann23 on 3/27/2010 12:40:30 PM

that sounds so cool

by kiannahgal on 3/20/2010 8:14:10 AM

Hey gurlz! My name is Autumn and I design and crochet CUSTOM-MADE HANDBAGS AND ACCESSORIES. From adorable purses to super-hot tops, I make them all. All you have to do (besides paying me, of course) is decide the color and style you want. I'll have your item made and sent to you within 3 weeks at the most. Check out my profile for pics, prices and other info. Thanks!

by CrochetFreak101 on 3/18/2010 6:37:54 PM

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?