9 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

12 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

13 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

I feel sick in health class...help!

Whenever I think or hear about something uncomfortable involving the body in any way, I feel physically sick. For example, in school we were learning...

MOD~MOD Is health class the same as sex ed...idk I'm so confused! I'm going to be taking health this coming up school year in 9th grade, what exactly do you learn in health class-I've never taken it before. thanx <3

Hey girl! My health class was all about healthy eating, healthy living, etc. It doesn't necessarily mean it's a sex ed class. Usually those happen in 11th or 12th grade.

xoxo

Liz

Liz L.

by rosepetal101 on 6/13/2010 10:55:46 PM

OH my gosh I always feel sick in in health too.. Like say they would be talking about the brain or something, my head would start to feal all weird and I feal like I'm gonna throw up.

by purplelizabeth on 3/20/2010 9:18:11 AM

i fainted in class too... and we were only learning about bolemia(idk how ot spell that)and next we are learning about first aid! what do i do?

by gymgirlj99 on 3/11/2010 1:28:30 PM

i completely understand...i feel the exact same way! i get really nervous when i hear about that stuff.. i just breathing deeply and if its a big prob i'll ask to leave for a few minutes...good luck! and remeber its normal Smile

by brodwaygirl on 3/7/2010 4:14:28 PM

***MOD*** ok my body is messed upi!!..... well first i have a leg on my arm... and im not lying this is a very serious sergery prcedure tht was done to me when i was 10 and i just cant look at my self!!! like every1 hates me bc they think i look very strange its sad sooo just give me some advice........?

Hey babe! You are not messed up. All of our bodies are beautiful because they are different and unique in their own ways, which means they're special! Try to be thankful for what you do have and remember that you are awesome JUST the way you are!
Megan R.

by purpleswimmer on 3/6/2010 10:31:49 PM

~~MOD~~MOD~~MOD~~ Hey Mod, sorry to bother you. I went to the dentist today and they said my wisdom teeth are coming in alot faster than most people, I'm only 14! They said I'll need to get them pulled out next appointment, which is next year. I'm already nervous. If I get put to sleep during the process, will I feel anything happening? And does it hurt really bad afterward? One more question. Do your cheeks get puffy for a while following the appointment? Please help me!! Love, NeverLoseHope Smile

Hey girl! It's totally normal procedure and tons of kids go through it every year. Better sooner, too. You should consider yourself lucky! Everyone reacts differenly after the surgery but your cheeks may be puffy.

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by NeverLoseHope:) on 3/6/2010 5:08:22 PM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS READING THIS!

if ur reading this girl talk column, u obviously care about advice. visit my profile, post me a question(if its super important, put ***** at the top) and ill answer in 3 days, guaranteed. if ur profile isn't publicly visible, i'll answer ur questions on MY profile(NOW WITH 1000 PLUS COMMENTS!!!). thanks! pass it on to ur friends!

~aspiring advice columnist, lauren

by soccergirl524 on 3/5/2010 3:48:51 PM

MOD!MOD!
Hey 2 things. Ok so first i sweat so much! In p.e. when were just sitting down and learning something i sweat! I get so embaressed i hate to lift my arms but i love p.e. and the shirts are gray so you can see. Second i way 125 pounds i mean i really fit and athletic but it just from a few months ago and nowi probaly gained 10-15 pounds and i kinda feel embaressed i wheigh more that some of the boys at my school. HELP!!!

For the over sweating, you should try to get a deodorant that will help with it. If you smell good, youll feel better about it. As for the weight, just try your hardest to stay active and shed off the extra pounds so youll feel better. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by taffy18 on 3/4/2010 11:36:09 PM

MODMODMODMOD PLEEEASE!!!
I have these annoying short little hairs on my head that are like two feet shorter than my actual hair. They're right on my hairline, too. I've tried switching my part (still there) and also wearing headbands (sometimes it makes it more noticable!) Any help??? Please and thankyou!!! Smile Smile Smile

I know sometimes I have an issue with hair sticking up.  I know there are products like smoothing hair milk by bedhead and fructis which are pretty good with smoothing your hair.

Kayla C.

by blackdove on 3/4/2010 8:39:30 PM

i normally get my period around the 23 or 24 so when i didnt get one this month it kinda worried me. I havent "done" anything so i wanted to know what was up.

You probably shouldn't worry too much. Sometimes they are just irregular. If you are really concerned though, then I would ask your mom or your doctor because they would know better than me.
Kayla C.