26 MINUTES AGO Computer Engineer Barbie can't succeed without a man—no bueno 🙅:http://t.co/WemjfqTp8pp

AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveaway! 2 cool cats power up with a Mojo Vogue BattStation 5600 from @goibattz: http://t.co/NHrxMRKGmT

2 HOURS AGO 4 lip balms that you can actually eat: http://t.co/y3nvZba2B2

COMMENTS

I feel sick in health class...help!

Whenever I think or hear about something uncomfortable involving the body in any way, I feel physically sick. For example, in school we were learning...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD-answer asap please (;
Okay- so my boyfriend and I were gonna go see a new movie tonight at midnight. (Well not really new but yeah we're gonna watch breaking dawn part 2) but honestly I'm not feeling very good. I got the second dose of the HPV shot on Thursday and since then my arms have been so sore. i also kinda have a cold. I don't want to disapoint him because he seems very excited. What should I tell him?

Hey girl,

If you're not feeling well, your boyfriend will understand! He would probably rather spend time with you when you are feeling better so you can have more fun on your date. The movie will be the same whether you see it tonight or next week, so tell him you need to rest and get better and that you want to see it soon!

Meghan D.

by fantastic8805 on 12/2/2012 12:27:10 AM

I have the same phobia. it feels better 2 know it isnt JUST ME.

by muamua1j on 7/14/2011 9:06:47 PM

MOD
I get anxiety sometimes and scratch the sides of my face. If there are pimples there, I scratch them until they scar. I've tried everything, stress ball, keeping my hands busy, but it's addicting! Help!

I think you should say something to your doctor. They might be able to help you deal with this issue. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by rising_star on 3/20/2011 4:45:50 PM

I get that a bit sometimes too. Like when people talk about bones or blood My knees feel weak and I feel like I can't move or I'll injure myself. It passes with time, just remind yourself that you are perfectly healthy and just think about something else for a while. It also helps to sit or lie down if you feel this way.

by rising_star on 3/20/2011 4:43:27 PM

I have a fear of going down escalators. I just can't get on! The steps move 2 fast! I have 2 hold my moms hand 2 get on, and 1 time when I was at the mall w/ my BFF and her mom I had 2 hold her moms hand. I'm getting over my fear, though! Also I'm afraid of snakes. I barely survived the 2nd and 7th HP movies.

by spicyllamachick2120 on 3/12/2011 11:17:56 AM

i know EXACTLY how u feel. i get squeamish really easily. in 2nd grade my school was raising money for a girl to get a kidney transplant. when the teacher was saying that i got really pale and nearly passed out

by 12coco on 10/20/2010 6:03:27 PM

Ya i know exactly how u feel! Good luck sorting it out girl! Smile

by cookie_monster9 on 9/3/2010 9:45:06 PM

Please answer this time because I've asked many times. I have a big tangle in my hair and I don't want to tell my mom or go to a salon, so how do I cut it off, because I can't comb, or brush it. PS-Detangling products don't work either.

Hey girl, Why can't you tell your mom or go to a salon? That would probably be the best option. Maybe you could try working on it with some extra-strength conditioner? I think it's a little risky to cut your own hair, especially depending on where it is on your hair, because it might not blend in with the rest of your hair if you cut a part out.

Vanessa J.

by cancerthecrab on 8/21/2010 4:54:41 AM

Me 2 I can't stand blood but i want 2 be a vet :o

by Sassy2222 on 8/17/2010 6:42:56 AM

I feel like that all the time, and sometimes I feel like i am going to throw up.

by gymnast234509 on 7/8/2010 11:31:51 AM

MOD~MOD Is health class the same as sex ed...idk I'm so confused! I'm going to be taking health this coming up school year in 9th grade, what exactly do you learn in health class-I've never taken it before. thanx <3

Hey girl! My health class was all about healthy eating, healthy living, etc. It doesn't necessarily mean it's a sex ed class. Usually those happen in 11th or 12th grade.

xoxo

Liz

Liz L.

by rosepetal101 on 6/13/2010 10:55:46 PM

OH my gosh I always feel sick in in health too.. Like say they would be talking about the brain or something, my head would start to feal all weird and I feal like I'm gonna throw up.

by purplelizabeth on 3/20/2010 9:18:11 AM

i fainted in class too... and we were only learning about bolemia(idk how ot spell that)and next we are learning about first aid! what do i do?

by gymgirlj99 on 3/11/2010 1:28:30 PM

i completely understand...i feel the exact same way! i get really nervous when i hear about that stuff.. i just breathing deeply and if its a big prob i'll ask to leave for a few minutes...good luck! and remeber its normal Smile

by brodwaygirl on 3/7/2010 4:14:28 PM

***MOD*** ok my body is messed upi!!..... well first i have a leg on my arm... and im not lying this is a very serious sergery prcedure tht was done to me when i was 10 and i just cant look at my self!!! like every1 hates me bc they think i look very strange its sad sooo just give me some advice........?

Hey babe! You are not messed up. All of our bodies are beautiful because they are different and unique in their own ways, which means they're special! Try to be thankful for what you do have and remember that you are awesome JUST the way you are!
Megan R.

by purpleswimmer on 3/6/2010 10:31:49 PM

~~MOD~~MOD~~MOD~~ Hey Mod, sorry to bother you. I went to the dentist today and they said my wisdom teeth are coming in alot faster than most people, I'm only 14! They said I'll need to get them pulled out next appointment, which is next year. I'm already nervous. If I get put to sleep during the process, will I feel anything happening? And does it hurt really bad afterward? One more question. Do your cheeks get puffy for a while following the appointment? Please help me!! Love, NeverLoseHope Smile

Hey girl! It's totally normal procedure and tons of kids go through it every year. Better sooner, too. You should consider yourself lucky! Everyone reacts differenly after the surgery but your cheeks may be puffy.

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by NeverLoseHope:) on 3/6/2010 5:08:22 PM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS READING THIS!

if ur reading this girl talk column, u obviously care about advice. visit my profile, post me a question(if its super important, put ***** at the top) and ill answer in 3 days, guaranteed. if ur profile isn't publicly visible, i'll answer ur questions on MY profile(NOW WITH 1000 PLUS COMMENTS!!!). thanks! pass it on to ur friends!

~aspiring advice columnist, lauren

by soccergirl524 on 3/5/2010 3:48:51 PM

MOD!MOD!
Hey 2 things. Ok so first i sweat so much! In p.e. when were just sitting down and learning something i sweat! I get so embaressed i hate to lift my arms but i love p.e. and the shirts are gray so you can see. Second i way 125 pounds i mean i really fit and athletic but it just from a few months ago and nowi probaly gained 10-15 pounds and i kinda feel embaressed i wheigh more that some of the boys at my school. HELP!!!

For the over sweating, you should try to get a deodorant that will help with it. If you smell good, youll feel better about it. As for the weight, just try your hardest to stay active and shed off the extra pounds so youll feel better. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by taffy18 on 3/4/2010 11:36:09 PM

MODMODMODMOD PLEEEASE!!!
I have these annoying short little hairs on my head that are like two feet shorter than my actual hair. They're right on my hairline, too. I've tried switching my part (still there) and also wearing headbands (sometimes it makes it more noticable!) Any help??? Please and thankyou!!! Smile Smile Smile

I know sometimes I have an issue with hair sticking up.  I know there are products like smoothing hair milk by bedhead and fructis which are pretty good with smoothing your hair.

Kayla C.

by blackdove on 3/4/2010 8:39:30 PM

i normally get my period around the 23 or 24 so when i didnt get one this month it kinda worried me. I havent "done" anything so i wanted to know what was up.

You probably shouldn't worry too much. Sometimes they are just irregular. If you are really concerned though, then I would ask your mom or your doctor because they would know better than me.
Kayla C.

by maridethmacarana on 3/4/2010 8:17:33 PM

mod!
when getting cramps, are they in your back or stomache , cause my friends all have lower back problems, but i just got my period and i have a maadddd stomache ache , but im unsure if im sick, or im cramping , help?

by yagirl04 on 3/3/2010 8:30:27 PM

trust me girlie!!
when ur get to 8th grade there are even more uncomfortable things than the skeletal system!!
~go_greenJJS~

by ~green6_juicyjesse~ on 3/3/2010 2:42:25 PM

I used to be afraid of needles but i got over it but i do get how someone can be afraid of health or get sick in health class.

comment my proflile plz!!!!!!!!!!

by coly33 on 3/2/2010 6:48:15 PM

Hey Girls!

Please check out my profile! I hope you like it and some people say im kidding on some things I write on it, whatever i write is true!

Please check it out!
It would mean alot!

Bye!

XOXO Alice

by michaeljacksonluver2 on 3/1/2010 9:56:43 PM

Smile Smile HEY GIRLS Smile Smile

NEED ADVICE? ABOUT ANYTHING? PERIODS, BFF, GUYS, ANYTHING? WELL YOU CAN ASK ME! I SPENT MOST OF MY TIME IN GIRLSLIFE.COM SO I BET I WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION IN A DAY OR SO. MAYBE LESS. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

BYE!

: ) Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

by sweetliksugr23 on 3/1/2010 9:16:56 PM

Like the same thing happens to me well mostly for the sex ed stuff I was actually sent home one day after talking about giving birth (technically it also had to do with the medication I was taking too but still) it just made me want to puke for real! and so basically what I do is I just get out a notebook and doodle when we talk about that stuff I keep my eyes on my paper but my ears on the teacher besides if Im confused I can just look back at the notes we took or even the book.

by lauren68 on 3/1/2010 8:02:55 PM

mod mod mod
sorry to comment on this again but... will i be having my period for much longer since this is the 6th day this month? or do you not know?

Hey babe, all bodies are different...but it shouldn't be much longer. If it is longer than 10 days you should see a doctor.
Megan R.

by krystalkoda on 3/1/2010 7:41:34 PM

mod mod mod
i had my period 2 days ago and it lasted about 5 days. it went away 2 nights ago, and now its back! is something wrong?

Hey girl!  Try going to the doctor to make sure everything is okay. I wouldn't worry though, usually for the first couple years periods are pretty irregular.
Megan R.

by krystalkoda on 3/1/2010 7:24:40 PM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS READING THIS!

~aspiring advice columnist, lauren

by soccergirl524 on 3/1/2010 7:09:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD I want to get in really good shape for soccer next year, but I'm already pretty tiny. I don't want to overdo it on exercising, and I don't want to lose weight. What are some foods I can eat that will help me get in good shape, but I won't lose weight?

Hey girl! Go for foods high in protein that will help you stay at a good weight, give you energy, and not gain any fat. Try talking to a doc about the specifics for your body!

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by jayhawk94 on 2/28/2010 10:47:41 PM

Awkward and weird!

I know it can be awkward in health, believe me I do. Just recently we went over the whole std thing and we had a class where our teacher showed real pictures of what std's look like on the 'down there' parts of guys. Maybe if it was only one or two pictures but it was a bunch of them and you saw everything and by the end I know the guys were embarrassed and a lot of us girls were amazed and some grossed out. My mom actually said our teacher did that so we can see what can happen if we make bad choices at our age.

I dont think it was that bad but I did ask her why she didnt show pictures of problems on our 'down there' parts. In some ways I am glad she didnt because I think the guys would be making so much fun of seeing that in class.

by luckykel on 2/28/2010 10:36:03 PM

same here i always feel soooo akward!

by Gussie77 on 2/28/2010 9:53:17 PM

MOD!!
so my best friends mom has cancer. She told me that they are doing surgery on her march 17, but the surgery isn't going to help. The doctors said the cancer spread to her lungs and their is a bunch of tiny cancer spots so they can't remove it because it's not big enough to take out. Also they rold her that this cancer is untreatable. My friend is going through a really tough situation. I want to help her but i feel so useless.I told her if she ever needs anything to just call me and i am their, also i told her i am always here if she wants a shoulder to cry on. She was crying at school on friday. Do you have any suggestions of how i can help her?
Thanks!!

hey girl! You should just be there for her and support and help in any way that you can.
Eryn G.

by Cali_Babe on 2/28/2010 8:42:27 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, so my favorite aunt lives on the east coast. Shes having a baby in july. My mom is sending my younger sister over to 'help' my aunt for 2 whole weeks and then to a fancy gymnastics camp. I think this is unfair because why cant we all go see and see my aunt? Plus my mom does not want me to do many camps this summer because its too much money, when its costing thousands of dollars to send my sister across the country. What should I do??
Thanks you guys are awesome!

by chesterkona on 2/28/2010 8:41:51 PM

no worries, you're def not the only one. i faint at the sight of blood and i have at school a couple times. the school is actually letting me take biology by correspondence so i don't have to worry about being in the class. my advice would be to talk to your teachers about it, and maybe come up with a deal that if you get symptoms, then you can maybe leave the room, or something.

by musicme on 2/28/2010 7:10:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I have a really small case of scoliosis, but my back really hurts. I went to the doctor and he said that he wants my mom to take me to go get blood work done to check for cancer, because my back shouldn't be hurting so much for such a minor case, but my mom won't take me. She says it probaly isn't cancer, so she isn't rushing. It's been three weeks! I'm really scared that it might be cancer! Help!

hey girl! You need to explain to her that you really need to do this or have her talk to your doctor.
Eryn G.

by Twilight-Lover57 on 2/28/2010 6:38:20 PM

***MOD***
I think this guy likes me but there's one big problem-- I really don't like him! He's in my spanish class and I now dread going to that class because he's there. It makes me uncomfortable when guys I don't like, like me. Now I find myself always worrying and even crying just because of this. And just a few days ago my teacher chose partners for us and I'm scared that one day I might have to be partners with him and I don't want to have that happen! I really just want to stop worrying about him liking me and get every thought out of my head but how can I do this? What should I do to stop worrying? Please help! I feel like this is effecting my life.

hey girl! You need to explain to him that you only like him as friends.
Eryn G.

by evercole95 on 2/28/2010 6:35:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
One of my friends has an "obsession problem" She basically obsesses over something to the extreme. Like when she saw the football number of her crush, she would freak out saying it was a sign that they should be together. Then, she is obsessing over this guy that my friends' lockers are by, so they told her to stay away from their lockers, because she obsesses WAY too much, so now, she's mad. Her obsessions get to the point where she is just plain annoying to be around, what can me and my friends do to help her chill, but tell her in a nice way?

hey girl! You should talk to her and expalin that she might need to relax a little bit.
Eryn G.

by jayhawk94 on 2/28/2010 6:27:04 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
My sister has a destination Imagination competition coming up. The skit will be about 5-8 minutes long. I also have my last swim meet that day. My parents think I should go to the swim meet, because the DI thing is all day, but I feel bad.
What should I do?

hey girl! You could ask thr rents to videotape her skit so that you could go to her meet and watch her skit.
Eryn G.

by haleyhay3 on 2/28/2010 5:38:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
my mom just hit me for picking up my dog... she does this all the time and i hate it!! she says i am gonna be the reason for her death. she calls me names all the time and i end up crying myself to sleep every night. i've talked to my dad, my grandma, and a couple other pple about it but they didnt do anything about it. what should i do btw my school doesnt have a counciler or anything like that Frown

hey girl! You could try talking to a teacher at school or any other adult because your mom should not treat you that way.
Eryn G.

by dancechick7496 on 2/28/2010 5:31:00 PM

Moderator:

Thanks! You guys rock, and you totally give the best advice! (:

by Sary on 2/28/2010 4:27:59 PM

Moderator: Is it true that cocoa butter can reduce stretch marks? I found some on my stomach, and I bough Suave Cocoa Butter with Shea. Will it work? Thanks!

Hey missy, I did hear that it worked, so try it and see what happens. Let me know about you results. Smile

Lynae P.

by Sary on 2/28/2010 4:18:59 PM

HEYYYY GIRLLLLLSSSS!!!!!!
Come to my profile for the best advice there is!
I am open for giving advice on pretty much anything, and I would be glad to help! Just Coment on my profile and put **advice?** and your question and I will answer it within 2 days!<3! =)
~Advice Columist, Hannah

by bumblebeexo1 on 2/28/2010 4:07:30 PM

Wow thats weird but i totally understand! My phobia is clowns and i cry when i see them...lol. Maybe u wont have to participate in health class if u tell ur teacher..?

Check out my profile girls, and please leave a comment, thanks!

by SportyGal on 2/28/2010 3:26:05 PM

hey mod i need some help... with being social! ugh i hate being "the quiet one" !!! but around my 5 very best friends i can be the craziest and most fun person ever! i understand its totally normal to be comfortable around them and not others i dont know, but i dont want it to be that way any more! i talk to tons of people at school every day but i feel like im boring with them.. especially if there's a big conversation circle and theres like an awkward silence, i feel like i need to pick up the conversation again but i dont want to make small talk and talk about like the english project or boring stuff like that.. how can i be the life of the party where ever i go and not just infront of my best friends?? THANKS!! ps sorry this was long..

Hey girlfriend, remember it's okay to not be the life of the party all the time. Sometimes it's okay to let someone start a convo or let someone else have the attention. But when you do feel like being the center, remember that the people are just like your girlfriends. You all are teens and talk about the same things so act as if you're chatting with your homegurls. If you get tongue-tied think of some of the things you chat about with your friends and bring that stuff up. Hope this helps! x0x0

Lynae P.

by lyc13 on 2/28/2010 3:16:41 PM

HEY LADIES!!

Ok, here's the problem.. i gotta come up with a warm up cd for my volleyball team (you know, like to play right before the game so everyone gets pumped up?) but im having trouble picking good warm up songs!! if anyone has some good idea for songs, please post em on my profile! (make sure they're not slow or anything. they gotta be LOUD and fast!! and no rap or swearing in any of them please!) thanks!!!

by trixr4kids on 2/28/2010 2:35:07 PM

Hey girls!

*********Looking for a fun club? Want daily fashion and beauty tips? Want fun quizzes? Got any questions you just MUST ask? Do you just want a fun club? Then join Club Fashion and Beauty!
***********************

**~~~**Jobs to be Filled**~~**

2 advice girls
1 fun girl
1 boys,boys,boys girl

^Applications are on the club, please fill out before March 5

~We hope you will join us!♥♫

by Club Fashion and Beauty on 2/28/2010 2:32:03 PM

MOD I have a problem! My dad is really funny, and he just got a new cell phone. He sent me a text "oh, i see how it is. no texts to your old man, geuss ill go find a rocking chair and put in my dentures" I know he was trying to be funny, but I really can't take that kind of joke. I feel like I actually disappointed him and even started to cry. I can tell when people are joking, but I physically overreact a lot, even though my mind is fine. Is this a a serious problem? How can I say that I can't take that kind of joke? Thanks! I love my dad, but I can't even read over this question without feeling sad.

Hey girlfriend, you just seem a little sensitive. Whenever people crack jokes just remind yourself it's a joke. Nothing serious. You know that deep down they love you and are just trying to make you laugh. Maybe you should ask your friends and fam to not make som many jokes since they get you upset. Hope ya feel better! x0x0

Lynae P.

by angelfood123 on 2/28/2010 2:01:50 PM

Moderator: I have to write a speech that's due tomorrow. The theme is "If I Were President..." I'm completely stuck. Do you have any tips that you could give me on being President? Thanks(:

Hey chica, I know writing isn't my thing either. But try to think about something the president isn't doing, that you think he should be and write about that. If you thought he should work on healthcare more, you could write about what you would do to make healthcare better in America. Just jot down some ideas and pick which is the best. Smile

Lynae P.

by Sary on 2/28/2010 1:59:24 PM

whenever people talk about blood or gory injuries or needles my feet and hands hurt. whenever i see the blood donor clinic i have to start jumping up and down to stop my feet from hurting.

by kgirlpanda on 2/28/2010 1:19:56 PM

i have this problem but i have to take health to graduate

HEY GIRLS

please check out my profile and ill check out yours i also give advice and love to help Smile

by wednesday1408 on 2/28/2010 1:17:07 PM

I have the same exact problem! I actually fainted in class too one day! Ahaha, nottt fun.

by cheerbaby3 on 2/28/2010 1:05:56 PM